Let it be known that I am now starting a pool for a Final Burn Alpha port

Oh, please. Talk about milking a series for all it's worth! How many suffixes can you add to a name? Super Street Fighter Championship Hyper Turbo Toilet Edition? Part II? I'll retract the "no decent games on CPS2" as Megaman was indeed released on that one, but there's no way there were any decent games released for CPS3 - it was Street Fighter and that's all.

D.

I think you'll find that Street Fighter 3 (and both sequels) are regarded by fighting game enthusiasts as some of, if not definitively, the greatest fighting games ever made. Must I post Daigo's infamous "I'm a lucky turd" ungodly parry->super art finals win in Third Strike?

CPS2 hardware + game list

On CPS3 there are only 7 games, all fighting ones : 2 JoJo's bizarre adventure, 3 Street Fighters and 1 game called Warzard that is some kind of fighting between demons/god.

IIRC

CPS2 is a friggin' great platform! There are great games like Super Puzzle Fighter 2, Darkstalkers or 19XX
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's not forget Cave's assortment of games; Final Burn Alpha supports those, too.

but I'm not at all bothered about CPS2/3 as there were no decent games released for that hardware. :p

Ahem bis :p (Hehehe.)

Oh, please. Talk about milking a series for all it's worth! How many suffixes can you add to a name? Super Street Fighter Championship Hyper Turbo Toilet Edition? Part II? I'll retract the "no decent games on CPS2" as Megaman was indeed released on that one, but there's no way there were any decent games released for CPS3 - it was Street Fighter and that's all.

D.

woho keep cool man :)

you can think whatever you want and so do i..

i do think sf 3 third strike is a very decent fighting game, as well as many titles in the kof series, or fatal fury etc..

milking or not milking, that is not the question, if a game is good, it's all that counts at the end of my day.. i dont give a shit about how many titles there is in the series.

peace and kisses

Mac

I think you'll find that Street Fighter 3 (and both sequels) are regarded by fighting game enthusiasts as some of, if not definitively, the greatest fighting games ever made. Must I post Daigo's infamous "I'm a lucky turd" ungodly parry->super art finals win in Third Strike?

Sorry, but the last decent beat-em-up was IK+ on the Amiga - all after that were just rehashes of the same idea. I remember when CPS3 encryption was broken; played SF3 and was instantly turned off... Just a very poor, unimaginative game with nothing new brought to the table - just like the SF2 series (which went on far too long itself with no innovation).

But anyway, back on-topic - so long as it supports the original ROM sets from the original Final Burn before the button-mashers took over, I'll be happy.

D.

I know that you are totaling them all in various currencies, I read the first post. I meant that you should make a converted total like this:

$233.05 USD

£141.08 GBP

160.14 EUR

+$217.00 AUD

--------------

Converted to USD

$233.05 USD

(UK£ 141.08) British pounds = 383.857553 U.S. Dollars

160.14 euros = 233.4201 US dollars

+($217.00) Australian dollars = 232.5372 U.S. Dollars (all Google figs)

--------------------

approx total = 1082.87 USD or 742.4038 euros.

So it's about 800 bucks total depending on where you are from.

I know that you are totaling them all in various currencies, I read the first post. I meant that you should make a converted total like this:

<snip>

Except that it's not. What he displays in the first post is the pool amount, translated to different currencies already. So the total pool is ~200 USD not ~800.

<snip>

Except that it's not. What he displays in the first post is the pool amount, translated to different currencies already. So the total pool is ~200 USD not ~800.

OH! I see now! It was confusing because it seemed like everyone was pledging larger amounts then they were! :lol:

i liked FBA on GP2X. If the GUI and compatibility is the same with a speed increase, so it can run SF3 (with overclocking) then i have no problem paying up my promised AU$20. Even if it doesn't run SF3 and it can run everything the GP2X version did, then I'll pay up.

BTW technically i am a non-scene person, and just find it hard to tell who's done what and who i should give money too. Of course it is also hard to donate to everyone as soon as i start using "their" software since i would go broke. Anyway...my suggestion is this for future "bounties" or how devs can source money for their work fairly.

All software should have an info button that not only attributes the authors and their role eg. Ported by xxxxx based on xxxxx work

BUT their should be links to their donate pages within the attribution screen. That way I can donate $20 to the original code author and say $5 to the porter....

I am surprised having this functionality in opensource software is not part of the license...

My other suggestion is that dev who want to port or work on something but need the cash to survive can use crowd sourcing websites like invested.in (which I have used to raise money for my own project www.deadside.tv) - to aim for a goal! These sites also offer friend social networking tools that dumbos like myself can use to promote the hard work you guys do to all of my social contacts and networks....

anyway - just my 2c worth...

This might be a stupid question but are save-states possible?

I think compatibility is the key here! Many great arcade titles that cant be played the moment.

If this gets done i'll fork out £10!

i liked FBA on GP2X. If the GUI and compatibility is the same with a speed increase, so it can run SF3 (with overclocking) then i have no problem paying up my promised AU$20. Even if it doesn't run SF3 and it can run everything the GP2X version did, then I'll pay up.

BTW technically i am a non-scene person, and just find it hard to tell who's done what and who i should give money too. Of course it is also hard to donate to everyone as soon as i start using "their" software since i would go broke. Anyway...my suggestion is this for future "bounties" or how devs can source money for their work fairly.

All software should have an info button that not only attributes the authors and their role eg. Ported by xxxxx based on xxxxx work

BUT their should be links to their donate pages within the attribution screen. That way I can donate $20 to the original code author and say $5 to the porter....

I am surprised having this functionality in opensource software is not part of the license...

My other suggestion is that dev who want to port or work on something but need the cash to survive can use crowd sourcing websites like invested.in (which I have used to raise money for my own project www.deadside.tv) - to aim for a goal! These sites also offer friend social networking tools that dumbos like myself can use to promote the hard work you guys do to all of my social contacts and networks....

anyway - just my 2c worth...

This is good. Pico drive clearly is a work of art ,a link to who gets credit for what with donate links is great. The Amiga emulator is something that needs praising too but has bugs and some games don't work. There is room for improvement again something I would gladly donate towards if this was more transparent.

Put me in for $10.00 USD. I would love some of the CP fighters playable at full speed on my pandora.

Here is a totally off the wall idea. Paid content! How about a developer is allowed to charge a measly sum for the applications they write? I'm not saying that every application should be paid, just some of them. OPT could even take a slice of the income. I know it's a radical and untested idea but something tells me it just may work ;P

that was craigs idea before pandora shipped. i think its better for the developer to name the price if they want one. i mean $1000 to make fba? thats ridiculous. its better for the dev to name the price. and nothing out of the ball park. look at all the valuable work for the n64 emulator for pandora we recieved for free. and fba $1000? we shouldnt let this get out of hand. it could ruin things. also if theres a bounty it shouldnt exceed $100.00 (usa dollars as example). so we can pay the $100.00 bounty and also if the dev wants to charge for the emu he can have both.

To anyone that has a problem with a "bounty": Go and donate to the developers that have made your Pandora experience better. That way, you know that those authors that have released software for free at least get a thank you. I've done so, and I still think a bounty is a good idea. Not all of them want anything. Two of them turned me down.

And don't forget those that do a lot of work on the firmware! They often don't get any credit at all since it's the games/apps/emulator authors that make all the noise on the forums.

To anyone that has a problem with a "bounty": Go and donate to the developers that have made your Pandora experience better. That way, you know that those authors that have released software for free at least get a thank you. I've done so, and I still think a bounty is a good idea. Not all of them want anything. Two of them turned me down.

And don't forget those that do a lot of work on the firmware! They often don't get any credit at all since it's the games/apps/emulator authors that make all the noise on the forums.

this is good. can the OP team add a page to their official website that lists all contributors to the project, and what part they contributed to with attribution etc and donate links? It's hard for time-poor people to track all of this info down on the wiki. Or is this all too much to ask for? Sorry I am not very familiar with how complex the organisation contributing to this is and how hard it is to track everything.

Back