Let there be light!

Nice to hear the Screen begins to work now,

Wonder if this also was a issue on the begining of Pandora Development.., i cant remember..

Hope this was the only big issue this time, and the rest works much better..

Im happy whit the not multitouch screen, this seems to make it easer to port things on the Pyra,

I wouldnt expekt the Mass Produktion until 2015, but this time it should be much faster than whit the Pandora 1..

Im happy if its resistive (it works whit force, anyway if from your finger or a plastik Stick/Stylus) and not capicativ (work whit elektric survace suspension if this is the right word (es misst die oberflächenspannung and ditnt work whit a Plastik Stylus)..

I have a Galaxy Note 2 and its quite nice whit the Stylus, but therefor, this Stylus is special whit a lot of impressive techniks in it, just to work whit the Capicative Screen..

But for a real Linux, i think a Resistiv Screen, is better,

J ditnt have something against the Multitouch, this is great for some Games etc (or for a Onscreen Musik Keyboard) and i ditnt have "ansprüche" in the Screen, as long it have a good Backlight for Sunny Days etc..

Thanks for the constant updates on pyra-handheld. I go there every morning!

Happy and waiting...

Now I'm confused. So the end goal is a multi-touch resistive screen?
The Pyra will have a fake-multi-touch resistive touchscreen. What this means is that there will be a touch layer that will provide single touch and some basic multitouch gesture recognition (rotate and pinch, for example) that will exist on top of the screen that EvilDragon is showing off in the first post in this topic. The layer is not true multitouch, it is just able to calculate an approximation based on the input it gathers when you touch the screen with 2 fingers.

-God Ginrai

And since the neccessary hardware support drivers don't exist yet (AFAIK), it isn't guaranteed that there actually will be fake pinch zoom, multi finger, or rotation events, but it should be possible.

Also note that most of the normal desktop software will probably not know what to do with gestures and just ignore them or treat them as clicks all over the place or something. So it's mostly useful for Android stuff I guess. Though I imagine I would be tempted to make a Pyra Image Viewer which does have pinch-to-zoom.

And since the neccessary hardware support drivers don't exist yet (AFAIK), it isn't guaranteed that there actually will be fake pinch zoom, multi finger, or rotation events, but it should be possible.
Multitouch gesture emulation is handled by the touch screen controller.

Though I imagine I would be tempted to make a Pyra Image Viewer which does have pinch-to-zoom.
I have never understood the attractiveness of pinch-to-zoom. It has worked horribly every time for me on android, on google maps, I tend to be on a different continent by the time I'm at the zoom level I wanted.

Though I imagine I would be tempted to make a Pyra Image Viewer which does have pinch-to-zoom.
I have never understood the attractiveness of pinch-to-zoom. It has worked horribly every time for me on android, on google maps, I tend to be on a different continent by the time I'm at the zoom level I wanted.
It's intuitive if it works well. But don't worry, I would never make it the only zoom mechanism in my viewer :)

I really enjoy multi touch track pads. Being able to two-finger drag to simulate mouse scroll is much more comfortable than using the furthermost edge of single touch track pads.

Multitouch gesture emulation is handled by the touch screen controller.
And this is already supported out of the box by standard touchscreen libs and exposed by SDL, GTK, QT, etc.? That would be great.

Hey everyone. I have followed the boards here for over a year ever since I got my 1ghz Open Pandor, but this will be my first post. I am very excited for the pyra, and am definitely getting one as soon as it comes out.

I have been curious, by any chance will there be any motion controls? I think that would be a neat idea.

It's always nice seeing new members interested in future developments as well :)

Motion controls are very probable, indeed.

They will be included when we got enough space left, and as they are pretty small, they will most likely be included.

Motion controls are very probable, indeed.

They will be included when we got enough space left, and as they are pretty small, they will most likely be included.
Looking forward to using that in homebrew stuff, could be fun. Would it be in the base or in the screen, or both? Maybe it does not make a real difference, but since the screen can move w.r.t. the base (unlike how it is in tablets/smartphones), it could.

Hey, this sounds nice, mybe whit motion controlls, there will be also a good changce for Tild Sensor GBA Games like Yoshis Universal Gravitation and Wario Ware Tild

PYRA sounds more and more Awesome..

Hey, this sounds nice, mybe whit motion controlls, there will be also a good changce for Tild Sensor GBA Games like Yoshis Universal Gravitation and Wario Ware Tild

PYRA sounds more and more Awesome..
Why no solar sensor then?

Boktai needs that one.

It's intuitive if it works well. But don't worry, I would never make it the only zoom mechanism in my viewer :)
No clinch to zoom please. Screw inwards to zoom, screw outwards to zoom out. Using only one finger, spiral to the right is in, to the left is out.

Back