Lets Discuss The New Cases

WolfSpider said:
Exophase you can have this Pandora.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k82bMZ3kMoI&feature=player_embedded#

Wow March of '09, the Pandora seemed so close back then...

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres new pics! But, there not final.
http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MWeston_2007/
The descriptions of the pics say there not final.

So these cases do have silkscreening on them. Looks good. They went with "First Batch".

Sphinxter said:
http://pandorawiki.org/User_manual
ed; I realize it's unofficial but it stops us from saying there's no manual.

Thanks. I recently lost my bookmarks and had forgotten about the pandorawiki site. Plus I was pleased to see a section (albeit not yet populated) on Restoring the Original Firmware. That's one thing that was bugging me in the back of my mind, whether there was a way to clear it to out-of-the-box state with no customizations and repeat the First Boot process.

God Ginrai said:
ndbsolar said:
They run at good speed, but I doubt that is fullspeed. Also, we have no idea whether Craig was using Frameskip or not. My guess is that he was.

-God Ginrai

Mario looked full speed to me... But I am used to the Pal version so maybe it was slower than the american...

Frameskip can make things faster, but you wouldn't say you have an emulator that runs games fullspeed unless it is without Frameskip. Also, Mario

Na-Noo said:
Is frameskip implemented yet? Don't remember any vids being done with it enabled afaik.

All the other vids, however, were done by devs who were working on the emulator, the one ndbsolar was talking about was not. I don't remember the devs mentioning any large speed increase between the last dev video and Craig's, therefore, I see it more likely that Craig was running it with Frameskip than a great speed increase that the devs just didn't mention.

-God Ginrai

There was no frame skip and it was rendering at 800*480.

Damn.. I left the forums for a couple weeks to get my mind off the Pandora and I cannot believe China is still dicking around with the case... It's just beyond me how this is taking so painfully long.

MrBlais said:
Damn.. I left the forums for a couple weeks to get my mind off the Pandora and I cannot believe China is still dicking around with the case... It's just beyond me how this is taking so painfully long.
I wouldn't be too quick to blame China.

It is normal for the creation of a complex mold to take a good amount of back and forth.

It is not normal for a company making a device to simply assume that by some miracle it'll all just work the first time, and give their customers a time-table based on that assumption of a miracle.

It's just a case of OP once again not being familiar with the realities of manufacturing, and not including important steps in their time table estimates. In this case "iterating on plastics mold".

VRAndy said:

How about blame Canada.. lol

Yeah, You're right about that. I guess I would just rather not know about the advances of the project; instead just have the console shipped to my house. It's just a downer to see this get pushed back multiple times.

VRAndy said:
MrBlais said:

It is normal for the creation of a complex mold to take a good amount of back and forth.

It is not normal for a company making a device to simply assume that by some miracle it'll all just work the first time, and give their customers a time-table based on that assumption of a miracle.

It's just a case of OP once again not being familiar with the realities of manufacturing, and not including important steps in their time table estimates. In this case "iterating on plastics mold".

What we said was based on what the factory TOLD US.

jonlad1 said:
I dont mind waiting.

I'd rather them get everything right.

I found out about Pandora a month ago and ordered one from the first batch a few days ago, so I'm happily unaware about all the delays. I can wait six months more :). I'm hoping for a before-july-release.

maybe something like this little beauty in this flier .... :p

pand.jpg

(came in the parcel along with my F200), cool eh?, I bet you will all want one of these when they come out, it's so dog eared cos I spend hours sitting in my command chair with it pretending it's real :huh: :D

the only disturbing thing is it seems to have condoms where I would have expected nubs :eek: , but apart from that its all good B)

craigix said:
God Ginrai said:
ndbsolar said:
They run at good speed, but I doubt that is fullspeed. Also, we have no idea whether Craig was using Frameskip or not. My guess is that he was.

-God Ginrai

Mario looked full speed to me... But I am used to the Pal version so maybe it was slower than the american...

Frameskip can make things faster, but you wouldn't say you have an emulator that runs games fullspeed unless it is without Frameskip. Also, Mario

Na-Noo said:
Is frameskip implemented yet? Don't remember any vids being done with it enabled afaik.

All the other vids, however, were done by devs who were working on the emulator, the one ndbsolar was talking about was not. I don't remember the devs mentioning any large speed increase between the last dev video and Craig's, therefore, I see it more likely that Craig was running it with Frameskip than a great speed increase that the devs just didn't mention.

-God Ginrai

There was no frame skip and it was rendering at 800*480.
And sound was inabled also, your unit just didn't output it right? And it's running at a higher resolution than N64 standard! Like I said, looks fullspeed enough for me(the 3 games shown). Bring on the Pandora's! :lol:

Chris

craigix said:
VRAndy said:

What we said was based on what the factory TOLD US.

Is that as far as your research into moulding went?

That's like being bemuzed because the work on your house extension is still ongoing, even though the building firm told you it was going to be finished two months ago.

The day I see "Sin & Punishment" running on this, is the day that I will self combust with too much excitement.(therefore rendering me unable to play anything....)

worzyl said:
The day I see "Sin & Punishment" running on this, is the day that I will self combust with too much excitement.(therefore rendering me unable to play anything....)
I asked about that one about a week or 2 ago, and Adventus said it is running good. The first stage anyway! No video though, hopefully someone will feature this one next. I think Sin & Punishment is the best N64 game out there. Truly KICK ASS!

Chris

Back