Let's go - Help wanted :) (2012-10-01)

Yup nice work. I especially like the light font in the first one, and the gorgeous design and colours in the last design.

I want to donate to the pre-order satisfaction fund, just have to wait for my paycheck in a couple days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what I thought. I missed the "pandora" in the last picture which was otherwise great!

i like "burst.png" the best of traylorpark's designs, nice and minimalist. colour choice is just right

I got my Pandora second-hand...sorry. I know this behaviour doesn´t help ED & Team...so no second thoughts, donation of the price difference is on the way, rounded up to the next tenner knowing about the PP fees. Pandora has been my daily companion the whole summer, more than my toothbrush even :D

I can help making Pandora videos. I'm a semi-professional youtuber and for that reason not too bad at making videos. But I'd need a video out cable for that, I guess.

Never the less if anyone has a vidoekabel and wants to give me footage/ or work together with me, we'd probaly whould be able to do some nice stuff.

Also since I'm a youtubpartner, I know a thing or two about how to get views on a video.

^ did you know that ED is a professional video-editing guy?

He's also massively overworked though...

Pre-orderer from Nov 2009 (Craig) and just wish I could upgrade to 1GHz. But paying 120% more again than I originally paid is out of my range right now so I guess I'll have to wait and see what I'll end up with.

I worry to think how many people are totally unaware of all of this though. Unaware of the donation drive that so many amazing people are contributing to. AMAZING!

I don't think I've ever received an update e-mail about upgrades or donations.

All I can donate is time - if any of the Pandora team needs systems/PHP/SQL then PM me :D

I'm sorry if I've missed this somewhere but we have a lot of posts to dig through.

Why don't you get some affiliate links going? For both EU people and US people?a

Say you get places like amazon and newegg, have a pandora app that you can optionally enable to automatically tag all amazon and newegg purchases to be reffered from you, as the poor mans way to donate. If something like this were to be done, I would also reccomend chrome and firefoxx add ons so if people want to help you get money, they can whenever they shop at amazon or whomever you have for affiliates

I missed the "pandora" in the last picture which was otherwise great!

Maybe it would look good with "pandora" under "open" on that image, rather than absent (or to the right).

Code:
   open [logo]

pandora [****]

I do know, but apperantly he has no time to put his A-Game into Pandora videos, and he asked for help with videos.

anyways: my offer is still standing. I can make a good Pandora-Youtubechannel that can generate money through the youtube-partnership-programm. We're talking several 100€ a month here.

All I need is a tv-out cable and the aproval of ED.

sounds like a good plan to perhaps fund even more of the old preorders.

plus would enjoy seeing more and more Pandora demos and review videos, regular ones would be great. the Video A Day series Ed ran was sweet

Yeah, I think ED is a little behind on those :p

In other news, I got a slip from the post office saying there is a package waiting for me from "Germany." I can't wait to see what it is! It's too bad I'm busy all this weekend...

I do know, but apperantly he has no time to put his A-Game into Pandora videos, and he asked for help with videos.

anyways: my offer is still standing. I can make a good Pandora-Youtubechannel that can generate money through the youtube-partnership-programm. We're talking several 100€ a month here.

All I need is a tv-out cable and the aproval of ED.

It's a shame I don't have my Pandora yet... I would kind of like to try my hand at LPs, which could potentially tie in with the OP youtube channel idea.

I missed the "pandora" in the last picture which was otherwise great!

Maybe it would look good with "pandora" under "open" on that image, rather than absent (or to the right).

Code:
 open [logo]

pandora [****]

It is a logical idea, and I tried that in the past, it doesn't work for that kind of design. It adds too much noise and removes the focus. Perhaps I could make it work with a few hours of tweaking, but it's really not the point of the design.

That design is kinda meant for this community. We already know what the device is called (you could also see the pandora logo as the word "pandora") rather the point of the design is to highlight the device's open-ness. So the single word, open, is reinforced by the rainbow shooting out of the box. In fact, you could read "open" not being part of "open pandora" but rather an adjective to what the OpenPandora is, an open source console.

Forgot to mention I'll have credit card payments back next week.

Just moved away from Moneybookers, as they're crap.

ED, great post and glad to see you are motivated. For 1) please check your PM :)

Will do, but not right now as I'm tired and need to get up again in 3 hours :(
Next week is here, and still no credit card payment option.

Can you give a new estimate when this will be available?

Sorry to be a nag, but I have been trying to get a Pandora for the last 4 years, and I have yet to actually see one.

Well, the contract with the credit card company has been signed a while ago and according to them it usually takes 7-10 days right now for approvement... which was yesterday, so it should be any day now.

Okay, first if you ever need a very simple prototype, mail me I have a RepRap and in a few weeks I'll start so build a second one.

And the second thing is, if PayPal let's me I will donate.

Ahh, and if you need someone who helps you with mails in German, I will help you as much as possible.

Back