Let's Label This Mofo

Excellent. With that picture it's almost too easy. My verdict:
U14 TPS61029 which is in fact a step-up voltage booster. Do not touch when live ;)
U15 TPS2042B (might be used as a current limiter for the USB connection)

wea0 said:
Excellent. With that picture it's almost too easy. My verdict:
U14 TPS61029 which is in fact a step-up voltage booster. Do not touch when live ;)
U15 TPS2042B (might be used as a current limiter for the USB connection)
Thanks WhiteBat and wea0 for finding this stuff out. I might have something in mind to do once i get off work;
A HTML file with the pandora board image (with text) + link map so that clicking "on a chip" gives some datasheet / TI info page on the chip. :p
Like the idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
urjaman said:
Thanks WhiteBat and wea0 for finding this stuff out. I might have something in mind to do once i get off work;
A HTML file with the pandora board image (with text) + link map so that clicking "on a chip" gives some datasheet / TI info page on the chip. :p
Like the idea?
:eek:
That would be tremendously awesome!

With the nubs sitting significantly higher than the other components, and the top being made of plastic, i'd assume they cant solder them using regular mass production methods (wave soldering etc) without them melting!

Look here: http://urjaman.dy.fi/

The URL is temporary for unknown duration. Store the image and .html locally if you want to be sure to get to it again. The server is courtesy of my friend, a PII 350Mhz on an 8/1 ADSL connection, so be respectful, dont F5 it too much :p

EDIT: As a funny side note: I asked my friend if i can host a page with an image for (possibly) a forum full of people, he replied "it's ok if they can wait" - i lol'd

urjaman said:
Look here: http://urjaman.dy.fi/

The URL is temporary for unknown duration. Store the image and .html locally if you want to be sure to get to it again. The server is courtesy of my friend, a PII 350Mhz on an 8/1 ADSL connection, so be respectful, dont F5 it too much :p

EDIT: As a funny side note: I asked my friend if i can host a page with an image for (possibly) a forum full of people, he replied "it's ok if they can wait" - i lol'd

just in case...

quick mirror: Looki Looki (non-temporary)

LeChuck87 said:
just in case...

Thanks. You mirrored the dy.fi frame (masks the actual URL from the url bar, not that it's a big secret, just that it can change) too, btw :p
TBH the most propable reasons for this going offline would be:
  • mains power failure somewhere in finland
  • certain's ISP's ADSL connection failing
  • me needing my index.html for something else (i had none before so i put this as index to mask the directory listing) - i could link to this then, though
  • my friend getting boored to have a server running with no use...
The server is atleast not even near it's performance limit handling at most a single client at a time now :p , actually:
Code:
00:04:42 up 74 days, 40 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

urjaman said:
LeChuck87 said:
just in case...

Thanks. You mirrored the dy.fi frame (masks the actual URL from the url bar, not that it's a big secret, just that it can change) too, btw :p
TBH the most propable reasons for this going offline would be:
  • mains power failure somewhere in finland
  • certain's ISP's ADSL connection failing
  • me needing my index.html for something else (i had none before so i put this as index to mask the directory listing) - i could link to this then, though
  • my friend getting boored to have a server running with no use...
The server is atleast not even near it's performance limit handling at most a single client at a time now :p , actually:
Code:
00:04:42 up 74 days, 40 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

yeah i'm lazy... just copied it ;)

EDIT: changed it... (but: what has been seen cannot be unseen! :D )

Hi all - great work on the labelling, it makes it a whole lot clearer! I have a couple of questions about the board, if someone here is able to enlighten me:

• What protocol does the LCD connector use? e.g. OpenLDI, FlatLink, etc. Or is it completely custom to support the speakers in the lid?
  • What are the I2C3-1V8 and I2C3-2V8 pads for? Are they separate I[sup]2[/sup]C busses or multiple pads for the same bus?
  • The RX2/3 and TX2/3 appear to be extra serial ports but they look like they're connected to the EXT connector. Are they connected internally as well or are they just connected to a couple of spare EXT pins?
  • What are the other unlabelled pads around the Wifi/BT chip for?
  • Are there any internal points for accessing a USB port? (say if you wanted to permanently wire in a USB GPS receiver or something.) Or is the only option to solder on to the back of an external port, rendering that port unusable?
  • What's that little bit of text in the middle at the top - "Do not touch when live" - referring to??? (Because you know I just want to touch it already...)
Anyway, I hope someone is able to shed some light on this!

Malvineous said:
What protocol does the LCD connector use? e.g. OpenLDI, FlatLink, etc. Or is it completely custom to support the speakers in the lid?
See http://beyondinfinite.com/lcd/Library/Toppoly/TD043MTEA2.pdf page 5 lists the pins

Malvineous said:
What are the I2C3-1V8 and I2C3-2V8 pads for? Are they separate I[sup]2[/sup]C busses or multiple pads for the same bus?
I2C3 at 1.8V logic levels (from the OMAP) and at 2.8V logic levels (i guess needed for the 2.7-5.5V atmels, its logical to run them at 2.8V) is my guess

Malvineous said:
The RX2/3 and TX2/3 appear to be extra serial ports but they look like they're connected to the EXT connector. Are they connected internally as well or are they just connected to a couple of spare EXT pins?
Theyre connected to the OMAP. Rev5 made them accessible inside ,too...

Malvineous said:
What are the other unlabelled pads around the Wifi/BT chip for?
Um, they're unlabeled pads. Ask MWeston.

Malvineous said:
Are there any internal points for accessing a USB port? (say if you wanted to permanently wire in a USB GPS receiver or something.) Or is the only option to solder on to the back of an external port, rendering that port unusable?
AFAIK none, you'd either need to lose the port, or if space permits cut the traces and add a hub chip....

Malvineous said:
What's that little bit of text in the middle at the top - "Do not touch when live" - referring to??? (Because you know I just want to touch it already...)
The +5V boost converter is sensitive to capacitance changes (your body).
Dont put your fingers near it when the pandora is powered on or the output voltage might go bezerk and fry some chips...

Sorry for no sources here.

Gruso said:
Wow, excellent work on that urjaman!

LeChuck, reckon your link will stand up to some blog traffic?

sure... works like a charm ;)

OK, next step: Identify EVERY SINGLE passive component on this side of the board and their value (use the multimeter on the screen).
After that: X-RAY! Anyone with good photoshop skills can x-ray the pcb and see trough the various layers.

Who's with me?

Back