Logitech Controller For Pandora

Raz

After talking this over with my parents, I'm going to get a Logitech Cordless Rumble...

It works with Windows and Linux so I can use it for gaming and it should be compatible with the Pandora. All I need is confirmation, and I'll get one in April-July...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thnx for your input...
Thats what I thought when I saw them too :D

but on-topic are there any experienced logitechers out there that could add there 2 cents?

if you want something that can be recharged look into 360 controllers... This subject has been discused before though

/oboslete

My bad.... I seem to be spamming the forums...

But Id prefer the PS3 controller... XBox would never fit into my hands....

So.. Will Recharable AA batteries work with the PS3 Precision. Then again 300 hours..

Can any1 answer the Qs in my first post edits?

Rechargeable batteries are a must if you have to go the AA route. I'd hold off on buying anything specifically bluetooth-based until you've done some linux-compatibility research first.

I've decided to get the Logitech Cordless Rumble so I can use it with my PC as well as meh Pandora..

Questions that arise are:

1) Is this Windows 7 Compatible?

2. Since it works with Linux, it should be likely to work in Pandora..

I missed this forum. I actually own this controller, and use it for my Linux MythTV/MythGame HTPC. It's a sweet device, and works perfectly under Linux. I have no doubts it will work great for Pandora.

My only complaint is that it has a moderately flimy wire contraption for the batteries. Just be a bit careful taking the batteries in and out.

Would it pose a problem if I used rechargeable batteries. I would much rather use those.

'Raz' said:
Thnx for your input...

but on-topic are there any experienced logitechers out there that could add there 2 cents?
i have a love hate relationship on mine. on the one hand, the dpad is far superior to that of the xbox360 and is great to use for NES etc, the l and r buttons are nice, and the feel is good. cons are that the face buttons are not so great, it has shitty drivers (its logitech what else- but of course theres always plug n play drivers) and YES there is some lag, even if its very miniscule. no way that the constant differences between my wired and unwired version's on scoring of games is just coincidence. also, for me the worst part: fucking square analog wells leading to dead zones, what the hell? anyway, despite all that, its basically one of the best controllers you can get. yes, theres not a very competitive market for them on pc :/ but, if you have the money and dont care much about dpad, get the xbox controller. or you can even convert almost any controller since first generation of gaming to use usb, if you have knowledge of electronics and reading schematics and soldering
also, rechargeable batteries are preferred cause 1. you dont waste money and 2. their power lasts longer (well, quality ones do anyway), although sometimes the controllers auto-off function doesnt work and batteries get ran down and chakras are fucking exploded

I've got a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2. It came with two AA Duracells & I still haven't had to change them to rechargeables. Great battery life IMO.

When buying the rechargables, look for 2500ma or more. They last longer.

Peace

Link

'PoisonedV' said:
'Raz' said:
Thnx for your input...

i have a love hate relationship on mine. on the one hand, the dpad is far superior to that of the xbox360 and is great to use for NES etc, the l and r buttons are nice, and the feel is good. cons are that the face buttons are not so great, it has shitty drivers (its logitech what else- but of course theres always plug n play drivers) and YES there is some lag, even if its very miniscule. no way that the constant differences between my wired and unwired version's on scoring of games is just coincidence. also, for me the worst part: fucking square analog wells leading to dead zones, what the hell? anyway, despite all that, its basically one of the best controllers you can get. yes, theres not a very competitive market for them on pc :/ but, if you have the money and dont care much about dpad, get the xbox controller. or you can even convert almost any controller since first generation of gaming to use usb, if you have knowledge of electronics and reading schematics and soldering
also, rechargeable batteries are preferred cause 1. you dont waste money and 2. their power lasts longer (well, quality ones do anyway), although sometimes the controllers auto-off function doesnt work and batteries get ran down and chakras are fucking exploded

does anyone beg to differ.. you make it sound so bad... is it really?

'Raz' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
''Raz'' said:
Thnx for your input...

i have a love hate relationship on mine. on the one hand, the dpad is far superior to that of the xbox360 and is great to use for NES etc, the l and r buttons are nice, and the feel is good. cons are that the face buttons are not so great, it has shitty drivers (its logitech what else- but of course theres always plug n play drivers) and YES there is some lag, even if its very miniscule. no way that the constant differences between my wired and unwired version''s on scoring of games is just coincidence. also, for me the worst part: fucking square analog wells leading to dead zones, what the hell? anyway, despite all that, its basically one of the best controllers you can get. yes, theres not a very competitive market for them on pc :/ but, if you have the money and dont care much about dpad, get the xbox controller. or you can even convert almost any controller since first generation of gaming to use usb, if you have knowledge of electronics and reading schematics and soldering

does anyone beg to differ.. you make it sound so bad... is it really?

its not that bad. dont hesitate on buying it if you need a controller. the problems are easy to overlook, and i realize i made it sound way worse than i intended

I'm a fan of the Sega Saturn controller. Has anyone tried one of these?

CODE
http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-Saturn-SS-USB-Controller-Gamepad-PS3-PC-MAC-black_W0QQitemZ370171844510

I'm wondering if they are official Saturn pads retrofitted for usb.

'DasFool' said:
I'm a fan of the Sega Saturn controller. Has anyone tried one of these?

CODE
http://cgi.ebay.com/SEGA-Saturn-SS-USB-Controller-Gamepad-PS3-PC-MAC-black_W0QQitemZ370171844510
I'm wondering if they are official Saturn pads retrofitted for usb.

Description
it is must play with your family and your friend
it also present as a gift
easy plug and play
Compatible with SEGA system
Digital and Analog
Slow Motion Function
Finally, a PS3 controller with Rumble
Ergonomically Designed for more Comfortable Play

A quick glance at the amount of Engrish shows that you would be better off spending your money on something that won't fall apart after 2 days.

I'm going to give it a shot. I read through a few threads and found that people have very positive reviews of these.

Back