logo idea by comradekingu is logo idea

@God Ginrai: Hmm, I see what you mean, and perhaps you're right. I just thought that maybe by doing that we're losing sight of the box as it makes it harder to see.

I like it too, the little leg extension and the way you've cut the ends with a vertical angle is nice
 Thanks. :) The glow should be red, tho'. :p

@God Ginrai: Hmm, I see what you mean, and perhaps you're right. I just thought that maybe by doing that we're losing sight of the box as it makes it harder to see.
I don't feel like the colored accents make it too hard to see the box. Plus, they help accentuate the word Pyra so that people can notice it easier.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
The recent box with the blue glow is OK - red glow would be a bit better.
Agreed.

I still keep falling back to this one as my favorite device logo though:

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14915-finding-a-proper-name-and-logo/?p=306742/URL]
That one is too easy to read as many things other than Pyra to me.

-God Ginrai
And the glowing box one is simply hard to read as anything at all unless you know to try to form 'Pyra' from the otherwise random-looking conglomeration of lines.

And the glowing box one is simply hard to read as anything at all unless you know to try to form 'Pyra' from the otherwise random-looking conglomeration of lines.
I never said we should use the glowing box one or that I liked it best. I simply pointed out the glow should be red.

-God Ginrai

Do we have enough logos for a Poll yet?
While I very much like the latest variation of comradekingu's logo by God Ginrai and think it is the most appropriate logo created thus far... if you care to wait just one more week, I'll be able to submit one last logo as well.

I'm currently at a trade festival and only have my tablet with me.

If you want to go ahead with a poll now, then this logo gets my vote.

The logo is not something which should be decided by popular vote, it's something ED needs make a decision on. The finished logo is going to represent his business for years to come.

He may choose to put up a selection of logo possibilities to a poll as part of his process, but until he he steps in and starts taking part in the process all we can do is brainstorming, not selection.

- Neelix

Can we have one with 30°/60° angles instead of the 45° ones shown here?

Also, the top and bottom corners are still offset slightly.

pyraild32bnumbered2.png

Yes, 14 and 13 (above for reference) should be drawn outward just a little bit. That is error on my part, but the logo is now reproducible from a systematic approach rather than by eye. :) )))

I have to say I really like this logo, but the top and bottom corner offset bugs me hugely. I look at the symmetry of everything else and it's beautifully proportioned... so I'm not sure how that offset could be fixed...

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 4

I think it could be done, it you made middle vertical angle both ways... know what I mean?

I'll rough sketch it.... brb

az6nlw.png

See the middle vertical now a bit more like an arrowhead at the ends... might need a little tweaking with the outer line too so that it extends a bit, but probably could be done.

...the smaller one on the right there just has the gap in middle to show the arrowhead shape more, that would be joined of course so that it's one line, same thickness as the others still

Since this logo describes the surfaces of 3 sides of a cube, why not map it twice (for 6 sides) onto an actual 3d cube model, apply a light source, rotate it a couple of degrees and let the shadows make the cube 'pop'?

I'd like to see that in an animation of the logo, but I think in the final frames it should morph to the logo as above with no shading, so as to not unnecessarily disguise the letters in it.

s/describes/could describe/

I dont know what you have in mind, but it breaks many of the ideas i have in mind, lets see what it brings to the table.

Every line is symmetrical at the cost of the outer edges arent, but it is not asymmetrical, just warped.

It could be used for a flip and fold animation perhaps? With the innards sticking out meanwhile, like a flip out book.

As for symmetry, its directly related to the width of the lines, if it were 1 px thick it wouldnt be an issue.

Also its a bit of a visual effect, lessened by putting something in the white panes, could do some window like effect or anything really.

Nothing particularly good comes to mind, but to make use of that space has an effect in that respect.

As far as i got on making a perfect geometrical version. Everything is parallel now. Angle is a bit sharp.

Understood how it works now, so a CAD version can be made, rather than having to redraw and anitialiasing/converting to svg.
Connecting all the lines makes it much more difficult to read Pyra in it. 

I have to say I really like this logo, but the top and bottom corner offset bugs me hugely. I look at the symmetry of everything else and it's beautifully proportioned... so I'm not sure how that offset could be fixed...

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 4
 Honestly, I think symmetry is overrated. Sure, symmetry can be great, but I don't think it is necessary.

Yes, 14 and 13 (above for reference) should be drawn outward just a little bit. That is error on my part, but the logo is now reproducible from a systematic approach rather than by eye. :) )))
This numbered logo, is it the same numbered logo you posted earlier? I'm not sure what the purpose of this one is.

-God Ginrai

I really don't like that the Y and R are connected to the sides. Color does make it easier to read.

Back