Log's including Pyra that may or may not look like Swastika and the ensuing discussion

that does not make it one
No one is saying that it IS, they are saying that it LOOKS LIKE, but when considering potential problems "looks like" should be treated as "is" until you can prove that it definitely "is not".
Bullshit, you've been claiming that it IS all the damn time:

No, it's not only "not in your face", it simply isn't there
Someone saw it right off. All I'm saying is that it's worth taking into consideration.
Read that quote again. I'm saying someone else has seen it. Not that I saw it, not that it definitely is there, just that someone saw it, and if someone saw it once then someone else may see it again, so it's not a bad idea to take it into consideration. Where's the confusion?

Philosoraptor-Philosoraptor-says-this-thread-is-proper-fuckin-weird.jpg

1293531405yyDZ6V.jpg

Look closer Lenny

tumblr_luh7d9G4r11r0iycro1_500.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, it's not like we're calling the device "The Hitler".
lol dude...
its actually not funny, but this bit made me laugh so hard.

@klumpen: as a fellow countryman i can not disagree more. back in school i kinda felt the same as you do now. third reich over and over again. but the idea is as follows: WE SHALL NEVER FORGET.

a lesson we seem to have learned (and a nerve wrecking endeavour well worth the effort). i can not elaborate enough how important this is. im sure you will agree.

sorry mate, i dont intend to lecture you.

wait, what was this all about?

if someone goes through the hassle of telling you that, in their eyes, there might be a problem, what reason is there to not take that information into account? whats the bitchin about?

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

@klumpen: as a fellow countryman i can not disagree more. back in school i kinda felt the same as you do now. third reich over and over again. but the idea is as follows: WE SHALL NEVER FORGET.
a lesson we seem to have learned (and a nerve wrecking endeavour well worth the effort). i can not elaborate enough how important this is. im sure you will agree.
No, I do not agree. It's worth nearly nothing telling people over and over again, that Germans are or were bad,

we need to tell people, what is the core of such evil and it's not something German but has something to do with herd instinct (most important!) including extreme nationalism, lack of humour, lack of empathy, etc...

Telling every American in school, that they should be ashamed for the even more "succesful" *sic* genocide on the natives wouldn't help either, but telling them that genocide is bad would be a start.

It only partially resembles a swastika. Just a piece of it.

Not sure if it would be noticed without prompting though.

Its just a fluke but also perhaps the geometric inspiration for the symbol may be the problem.

Talking about resemblance, the Buddhist logo versus Swastika.  But the Buddhist didn't care :)

Buddhist Logo                                                Swastika Logo

0MSaxUE.jpg

X3DMz2j.jpg

Bet they didnt envision the high level of internet detective work beset by later generations. gotem' !

On a serious note, I probably googled my way onto every blacklist there is yesterday. Not sure this helps

Human brains see 0 is very close to 1, but PYRA (a computer) sees 0 is on the other side of the universe of 1 (it's false versus true, no versus yes ) :) So your (comradkingu) logo is just fine.  I can't believe people imagine the swastika sign in there and not the cube shape :)

Human brains see 0 is very close to 1, but PYRA (a computer) sees 0 is on the other side of the universe of 1
Depends on the context.

In many computer programs, a float with value one will be treated similarly to one with value zero

If you ask someone how many human babies they've eaten, the difference between 1 and 0 would be very significant

----

Personally I find it hard to see it as a box when it has 45° angles all over the place

You guys are really pushing the stupidity button up to .. like, a lot.  What the hell does the Swastika have to do with Pyra? Unbedingt gar *NIX!*  

So .. here is my suggestion, folks.  Please consider it my contribution to the effort to find 'the perfect logo' for Pyra:

pyra_logo_1.png

Hope you like it. 

hmm... it looks like a tullip.  I like the font, but it does not look "computerish", more like some food or gardening thing. Why not put a box inside the flame, and make the flame a bit more red.

I like it that you think its a tulip, when really its a powerful source, enflamed and burning with fierce passion unto the universe.  Oh, I suppose tulips do that too .. when they're on FIRE.

You guys are really pushing the stupidity button up to .. like, a lot.  What the hell does the Swastika have to do with Pyra? Unbedingt gar *NIX!*  

So .. here is my suggestion, folks.  Please consider it my contribution to the effort to find 'the perfect logo' for Pyra:

pyra_logo_1.png

Hope you like it.
I don't like it, it doesn't even remotely resemble a Swastika. ;)

pyra_logo_1.png

Hope you like it.
I don't like it, it doesn't even remotely resemble a Swastika. ;)
Hmm, it does look a bit like someone with a swastika...

do like the idea, the flame is a bit big though.

pyra_logo_1b.png

text_small.PNG

Really guys, is it absolutely necessary to continue this ridiculous association with Nazism?  You do realize that, since this is a German product, you're pushing it into insulting territory .. 

Back