Whether or not Pyra logos look like other things and Feminism.

I just believe Feminism is worthless, especially to women
Then you don't know what feminism is. Literally, you do not know what the actual definition of the word that you just used is. Whatever you think it is, that isn't feminism.

I just find female appearance / behaviour far less offensive 'generally'.

I agree...

...Even this is a bit too phallic for my liking

apple_sig.jpg

Rainbow p33n

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just believe Feminism is worthless, especially to women
Then you don't know what feminism is. Literally, you do not know what the actual definition of the word that you just used is. Whatever you think it is, that isn't feminism.
Feminism isn't just one thing, and more than a few aspects of modern Feminism , far from advancing social equality, happen to be nothing more than hateful misandry.

Feminism isn't just one thing, and more than a few aspects of modern Feminism , far from advancing social equality, happen to be nothing more than hateful misandry
Yup, just as I said, you literally have no idea what that word means. Whatever you're thinking of isn't feminism. Maybe you've been watching Fox news?

Also, there are obviously no valid criticisms of feminism
Aren't there? Seems like there's plenty of room for there to be criticism. Are you sure you're not just upset that YOU can't think of any valid criticism and have to resort to lies to make yourself feel better?

Feminism isn't just one thing, and more than a few aspects of modern Feminism , far from advancing social equality, happen to be nothing more than hateful misandry
Yup, just as I said, you literally have no idea what that word means. Whatever you're thinking of isn't feminism. Maybe you've been watching Fox news?
I believe that feminism started out as something good (referring to the text-book definition and history), but as most mass-movements it developed some strange branches that hurt the original idea more then they do it good (because they are perceived as what feminism is, even though it's not).

The problem is not feminism, the problem is what (some) people make out of it, and how it backfires (or probably will). And this is because women are different from men, they will never be "equal" (it starts with physical differences and ends with the way of thinking, which just is different - though one is not better or worse than the other, just different as in: not the same), so you cannot make them equal (and especially not through regulations). Of course there is not a shadow of a doubt about having equal rights and so on.

The problem starts when everyone is forced into some new ideals which even the women I know think are stupid ... that's not feminism by the text-book definition, but it is what a lot of people connect with that word ... so there's feminism and there's "feminism".

I believe that feminism started out as something good (referring to the text-book definition and history), but as most mass-movements it developed some strange branches that hurt the original idea more then they do it good (because they are perceived as what feminism is, even though it's not).

The problem is not feminism, the problem is what (some) people make out of it, and how it backfires (or probably will). And this is because women are different from men, they will never be "equal" (it starts with physical differences and ends with the way of thinking, which just is different - though one is not better or worse than the other, just different as in: not the same), so you cannot make them equal (and especially not through regulations). Of course there is not a shadow of a doubt about having equal rights and so on.

The problem starts when everyone is forced into some new ideals which even the women I know think are stupid ... that's not feminism by the text-book definition, but it is what a lot of people connect with that word ... so there's feminism and there's "feminism".
Well said - an example of someone actually advancing the conversation, rather than throwing around sentiments of "you don't know what your talking about" and "your lying".

There are one thousand and one problems with modern, progressive Feminism, one that comes to mind is that progressive Feminism demands that men and women be treated as identical actors in every given situation, completely regardless of the circumstances.

I'm sorry, this simply doesn't comport with reality. Gender roles developed for a reason, and all other things being equal, the sooner we learn to appreciate human diversity in a more than skin deep, truly equitable manner the better off we'll all be.

I know you aren't discussing me anymore... you were hardly discussing me to begin with.

I was merely pointing out the assumption that caused this train to derail so completely.

=~. O =

I know you aren't discussing me anymore... you were hardly discussing me to begin with.

I was merely pointing out the assumption that caused this train to derail so completely.

=~. O =
An unfair assumption, I agree.

I'm all for discussing these sorts of issues and ideas, but not at the expense of further interfering with a thread not intended to be the forum for them.

Well the Pyra logo is currently set in stone, ED will not change his mind.. to me this thread has already passed it's usefulness.

Back