looking for help on project

UPDATE:

• added 3 top 10 lists to homepage (most d/l, latest apps, top rated).
  • added ability to rate an application (as long as your logged in).
  • re-themes details page.

those who are testing my site, please test the latest additions and give feedback thanks :) .

took ages but so far I'm really impressed with the way its looking.

UPDATE:

• when logged in and you download a pnd, is records the file you have downloaded (everntually will tell you when an update is available too).
  • this list of apps is visiable from a new user controll panel :p

not much but it took all night.

could a mod please rename this topic?

pandora repo/website/native app-manager development.

or somthing like that which makes more sense.

thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

• the download list in the controll panal now informs you if there are any updates for your apps, and puts them at the top of your download list :)
  • added smaller rating stars to the "top lists" so you can see the ratings off apps without having to click on it.

lots more updates to come.

if there are any suggestions you have said that I have not yet implemented don't worry Ill get to it, im writing a list of things to do :)

If this is keeping track of your 'installed' programs, is there any way to check if something has been uninstalled?

don't know about everyone else, but i remove something if i'm done with it, and frequent reflashes and switching between nand/sd card depending on what i'm needing the pandy for, which if paired with the site remembering what has been downloaded, would result in it saying there's updates for things that have already been removed

(or is the idea that once everything's going, the only way to add/remove pnds is through the native client? might fall apart if the system depends on it being used exclusively)

my website keeps a track of what you have downloaded from my website only, it does not know what is installed on ur pandora, my site is mainly for use for those that want to download files on their pc, then transfer them to the pandora manually using memeory card, although it will fully work on the pandora also.

Tempel is the one making the native app/manager and its designed to read the app/repo feed my site (and possibly others in the future which conform to spec) so it can offer you a direct download through the app manager (the files may come from my site or another, but to start with just my site).

This native client should be able to tell you if there is any updates to apps on your memory card.

Is that any clearer?

yep, that makes a bit more sense :)

though if you did some clever hackery, you could hook into libpnd on a pandora to see what's actually installed, probably beyond teh scope of this though tbh XD

its beyond the scope of my website, but not the scrop of this project, tempels native client will do just what you want (check whats installed), so dont worry :)

UPDATE:

• added the ability to make comments about an app (if logged in).
  • comments are still viewable if not logged in.

UPDATE:

• fixed the back buttons now function correctly.
  • added pagnation to comments so the comments page doesnt get over crowded

sorry for lack of updates have been busy with rl recently.

Hey! I just saw this thread and I want to say that this excites me as I just got my Pandora and I was waiting for something like this.

Is there any way that I could help (sans coding)? Need more testers perchance?

I dont need any more testers just yet but if I do I will let you know or if I move on to public testing I will post in this topic.

im glad it excites you, it excites me also.

UPDATE:

• you can now login or register without javascript (if you have it disabled).

this looks like yesterdays update but it is not, yesterdays update made the login/register boxes show up but not function... now they function :) good times.

UPDATE:

• added ability to request forgotten details to non javascript people
  • made it so when you login/logout it takes you to the last page you were on (both ajax and non ajax)

Back