looking for help on project

UPDATE:

• implamented the new PXML schema (checks to make sure the xml conforms to the official PXML schema)
  • allows strings in the version number ( please be carfull when creating ur PXML files).
  • seems to check versions numbers (which includes strings) fine
    default_smile.png'
    (thank god for )

along with the new PXML spec this brings new problems for existing apps, all the apps are going to need updating if they want to conform with the official spec .... :( (it needs to be done im afriad).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. did you change the version tag in the wiki? It currently says that only azAZ and +/- are valid entries - but not 0-9

"Valid entries: strings consisting of letters (a-z and A-Z) as well as the chars '+' and '-'."

of course, the general description of the version tag tells you to use numbers when possible, but it's a bit misleading.

Also, the alpha/beta etc tag is still missing - I thought this was to be added?

I would fix it, at least the number bit, but I have no account (and I think I mentioned before what I think of wikis that require an account ;) )

Ivanovic updated the wiki and he also updated the schema (the schema odes show it can include numbers aswell)

yeah I should mention that to them on the pandora wiki IRC we need to have that extra tag so we can organise them into release categories :)

Release category isn't so necessary with string versions. "5.3beta" (or "5.3b") is a lower version than "5.3", and PHP's version_compare handles it that way.

its not needed for version comparison no but it would still be usefuill to seperate release builds from alpha/beta then I have have a seperate section on my website for alpha/beta versions :p

UPDATE:

• add more buttons to bottom of "top lists".
  • added ability to sort results by name/latest/top rated/most dl.
  • added ability to choose how many apps per page that you want to show.
  • added google style pagnation.
  • stopped category cloud from being random.
  • now displays category/subcategory instead of just subcategory.
  • displays app version number in top lists.
  • some css style changes.
  • added auto focus to username box on login / register form and email box on forgot form (javscript users only).
  • removed "said" from comments next to username.

loads more to come ;)

UPDATE:

I have almost completely re-written the upload/pnd validation/add to database script.

took me all week and now the upload page should now work again using the new scripts if anyone wants to test.

http://op.liquidfists.com

if you expecting to see the main site, thats not working yet, i wanna make sure the foundations are solid before going back to the main site.

if you find any little bugs or quirks please let me know.

Back