Macintosh Link

benthai98

Still Fresh
Am I really destined to have to cart around a Windoze box just so I can swap stuff between my PC and my GP..??

I'm running Panther and Maclink doesn't work. Any word on a new linker for those of us that like stable systems that are also incredibly, incredibly, incredibly good looking?? (from zoolander for those that just thought I was weird).. :p

I just found it on this site.

www.gp32x.de - in the downloads section.

Works with OS X but not 10.3

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend an USB card reader to everyone - PC and Mac!
It's faster, easier and much more comfortable!

Am I really destined to have to cart around a Windoze box just so I can swap stuff between my PC and my GP..??

I'm running Panther and Maclink doesn't work. Any word on a new linker for those of us that like stable systems that are also incredibly, incredibly, incredibly good looking?? (from zoolander for those that just thought I was weird).. :p
Could you please be a bit more descriptive how Maclink fails etc? I don't have OSX 10.3 so that's why I really haven't got around testing stuff against it.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm well, to be perfectly honest I have not even run it. I was just under the assumption that it did not work because of comments left in the readme file etc. I'll grab a copy and check it out right now...

Ok, well I downloaded and tried it and appear to have come across teh USB driver error discussed earlier.

Here's a quick cut and paste of the error I received:

mac:~ ben$ maclink ls /
MacLink v0.7 © 2002 Jouni 'Mr.Spiv' Korhonen

USBDriver: failed to get device iterator
Failed to create USBDriver connection to GP32

I assume you don't have a patched firmware? GP32 driver is against USB1.1 specs so OSX'es greater than 10.1.x just ignore GP32 as an invalid device.. :angry: You need some patched firmware like MultiFW or so..

My GP32 has been flashed with MultiFW... Oh well, I guess I should look at a SMC reader. Just another thing i have to carry around then i guess.

Back