Release Main Site Update News

@tsh

Best case scenario would be Mike getting the CNC case this week. Which there is still a chance of. ;)

@EvilDragon & Chip

Thank you for the update guys. Every little bit of info helps a great deal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the word on the Keyboard?

Surely this will be the fly in the ointment? - as the design is not finalized then it needs to be produced at same speed by which the final case is done - then passed over for the CE testing at same time?

Or am I missing a trick - possibly the CE testing covers hardware components rather than mechanical keyboard

'RajTakhar' said:
Whats the word on the Keyboard?
I would assume that the mechanical mold making is going on right now for the keypads.
There will be a specific time when the keypad manufacturer will need a printing template.
The Pandora team has until this time to finalize the printed key layout.
But the layout itself is a simple graphic file in a format specified by the manufacturer, which would
most likely just be emailed from Pandora to the maker.
As long as OpenPandora gets the layout to the maker in time, this shouldn't slow up anything.

Other than the minds of the Pandora team, who are probably getting about done with all the keyboard comments.

They really need to do a deadline for the keyboard layout. Letting people continue to squabble over doesn't do any good

The countless discussions before didn't tempt them to respond. I doubt it will now until they're good and ready. Besides, if they tell us it will only result in the usual posts either fawning over them or slamming them for not doing differently.

'TaG' said:
The countless discussions before didn't tempt them to respond. I doubt it will now until they're good and ready. Besides, if they tell us it will only result in the usual posts either fawning over them or slamming them for not doing differently.
The Catch 22

Best case scenario: we get our pandoras early april
Worst case scenario: chad comes back

'PoisonedV' said:
Worst case scenario: chad comes back
I miss Chad :(

There will always be squabbling over the layout. Can't please everyone.

'Hirolaser' said:
What about cronotriggerfan? He hasnt posted for a while
chronotriggerfan and chad78... the start of every nightmare of mine for the past 6 months...

'EvilDragon' said:
CE shouldn't take one month - I know the test itself can be done in a couple of days and we're looking for a company that won't give us a long wait before they start testing.
OK I'm going to bite.

If you've known so long that you're going to need CE testing, why are you only now looking for companies that wont give you a long wait?

If you haven't already started looking how do you know that all the companies involved in CE testing arent extraordinarily busy right now and backlogged for weeks?

'Pleng' said:
'EvilDragon' said:
CE shouldn't take one month - I know the test itself can be done in a couple of days and we're looking for a company that won't give us a long wait before they start testing.
OK I'm going to bite.

If you've known so long that you're going to need CE testing, why are you only now looking for companies that wont give you a long wait?

If you haven't already started looking how do you know that all the companies involved in CE testing arent extraordinarily busy right now and backlogged for weeks?

Well, since I know some guys who can do it here personally - so it doesn't take long to look. In fact, I already have a company here who can do it within a few days, just had to make a phone call.
It's always good knowing the right guys ;)

Last edited:
'EvilDragon' said:
Well, since I know some guys who can do it here personally - so it doesn't take long to look. In fact, I already have a company here who can do it within a few days, just had to make a phone call.
It's always good knowing the right guys ;)
Please, EvilDragon, leave some Internetz for the rest of us. We can't have you winning all of them.

Back