Mame Gp2x 4.6

:) :) :) muchas gracias amigo por el nouevo release :

have donated......

now my wish for a future mame gp2x would be wwf wrestlefest ......

ps is it ok that some sys 16 games have no sound....? (shdancer,fantzone,wwar.)

Franxis said:
I'm busy now with the System 16 driver again. I'm trying to update to MAME 0.36b4 (Out Run, sound in Shadow Dancer and Moonwalker, etc), but it is a complex task due to a lot of new sound chips... But after my holidays IT WILL WORK. :lol:
Did you say Out Run?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Perfect!

Btw. Hangon seems to wok on the 4.6 version, but the graphics are distorted: no street. Do you have the same problem or do I have to try it with another rom version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Still some minor problems with sound in Yie Ar Kung Fu. While the sounds themselves play beautifully, the driver seems to be pulling the wrong samples from the bank.

Please watch this video for examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCyip_sh-iM (This is PC MAME in this video, and the samples it plays are correct.)

Right now, when you insert a coin, it says "HIYA!" but in the real arcade version, it says "HAI!". Also, there are 2 different samples for Punching and kicking. Punches make the character say "HAI!" and kicks are "POH!". Jump kicks and punches voice "HA!" Notice also when punching Buchu in the nuts, his eyes bug out and he says "NI HAO!". The sample is not playing in this version of MAME. Also, perfects and extra men have samples as well: "PERFECT!" and "XIE XIE!" are voiced.

Just one of my favorite games, which is why I'm bitching at all. :) Really, the whole project is just outstanding!! Thanks everyone again.

Sorry for the late feedback (too busy playing ;))

USB Joypads work perfectly now! Thanks so much!!

1942 seems broken in this version though .. it crashes the '2X after starting the game :(

</wet blanket>

TelcoLou said:
Sorry for the late feedback (too busy playing ;))

1942 seems broken in this version though .. it crashes the '2X after starting the game :(

</wet blanket>
Ive had 1942 woking. You might need a different version or need to rebuild it with that clrmame thing

foleyjo said:
TelcoLou said:
Sorry for the late feedback (too busy playing ;) )

</wet blanket>
Ive had 1942 woking. You might need a different version or need to rebuild it with that clrmame thing

:eek:

TelcoLou said:

</wet blanket>
1942 does not work with the "fast" version of MAME - this is just a DRZ80 issue. It should fully work with the standard version.

I'll check Yie Ar Kung Fu samples.

EDIT: Fixed the Yie Ar Kung Fu samples! It all plays correctly now and at the right speed (this was also a little out). Thanks for the detailed bug report! I will pass on the code changes to Franxis for the next release.

chaos engineer said:
Franxis said:
I'm busy now with the System 16 driver again. I'm trying to update to MAME 0.36b4 (Out Run, sound in Shadow Dancer and Moonwalker, etc), but it is a complex task due to a lot of new sound chips... But after my holidays IT WILL WORK. :lol:
Did you say Out Run?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Perfect!

Btw. Hangon seems to wok on the 4.6 version, but the graphics are distorted: no street. Do you have the same problem or do I have to try it with another rom version?

I have always had this problem with Hangon... almost seems like it is missing a layer of graphics...

EDIT: Fixed the Yie Ar Kung Fu samples! It all plays correctly now and at the right speed (this was also a little out). Thanks for the detailed bug report! I will pass on the code changes to Franxis for the next release.

Sweet! Thanks for checking that out, Slaanesh!! :D

found another bug....

i cannot quit sys 16 games with sound enabled :(
disabled it fro those who dont work anyway.. but shinobi i cannot quit

slaanesh said:
TelcoLou said:

</wet blanket>
1942 does not work with the "fast" version of MAME - this is just a DRZ80 issue. It should fully work with the standard version.

I'll check Yie Ar Kung Fu samples.

Ehi God Slaanesh... but Empire City? (Mame 36b3) :rolleyes:
You have forgotten? :p

pomata said:
Oh no, I have not forgotten. In fact it is mostly done as well as Knuckle Joe; there are just some bank switching issues which are not allowing them to start correctly (yet)... I will get back to them and sort out the problem once I've released the updated GP32 version of MAME (next few days).

slaanesh said:
pomata said:
Oh no, I have not forgotten. In fact it is mostly done as well as Knuckle Joe; there are just some bank switching issues which are not allowing them to start correctly (yet)... I will get back to them and sort out the problem once I've released the updated GP32 version of MAME (next few days).

ARGH! IS WONDERFUL... :eek: :blink: (E' stupendo sei un grande eheh) ;)

Back