Man The Battery Life Is Crummy

Of course the best things about rechargeable AAs is that they just keep getting higher mAh every few months. It wasn't long ago I thought 2300s were great, now we're on 3000s!? Of course the problem is they also seem to grow in length by fractions of a millimetre as well(!).

kevcal said:
Of course the problem is they also seem to grow in length by fractions of a millimetre as well(!).
That's worse than it seems, what with the springless battery container the GP2X has. :( I can't wait to get me greedy hands on some 3600mAh in a few years though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
kevcal said:
Of course the best things about rechargeable AAs is that they just keep getting higher mAh every few months. It wasn't long ago I thought 2300s were great, now we're on 3000s!? Of course the problem is they also seem to grow in length by fractions of a millimetre as well(!).

I don't know about that, I think they must've changed the tolerances on the Gp2x for that last batch (Either that or they were just all tighter due to some meander of the process). I bought a Gp2x last August and the batteries were positively loose. I got a further three Gp2xes (Don't ask why) early this year - and the same batteries were a much tighter fit. Of course the batteries are maybe getting bigger as well...

Just did a quick check (no vernier at home), but some look to be about a millimetre shorter than others - maybe it's difference between alkaline & rechargeables (then again it's 5,20 am here so I could still be asleep dreaming :) ).

Zeladin said:
I usually hit about the four hour mark. Did you charge them first out of curiosity - also can psp/ds really last a three day road trip without charging? According to wikipedia the ds lite has 5-8hrs on the highest brightness setting...(And if you can charge a psp/ds then you can charge AA's). Three sets of two gives you about 12hrs depending on what you're doing on the Gp2x...

It's not brilliant, but not bad enough that I would start a thread about it. Of course not being a hard core marathon gamer, poor battery life wouldn't affect me as much - poor standby/storage time would be more of a problem...

same results here too...... around 2,5h at 250 mhz with the 2500's that came with the gp2x with speakers on :)
but since i got the new "wonder" charger (incl car adpter) with 2 special 2300's that charge in 15 mins... (the 2500's take 45 mins) its not really an issue anymore

Back