Metal Gear Solid

Viking

I'm a huge MGS fan and I've tried to play MGS on the PCSX emulator, but it won't go any further than to the piracy thingy..

after that there's only darkness...

PS: Can the emulator run .Eboot files AKA PSP files?

I'm a huge MGS fan and I've tried to play MGS on the PCSX emulator, but it won't go any further than to the piracy thingy..

Works fine here, must be in BIN/CUE format for that game. not tested EBOOT but apparently working. I had to re rip some of my games to BIN/CUE and they now work fine.

MGS is amazing. Nearly finished it now.

Works fine here, must be in BIN/CUE format for that game. not tested EBOOT but apparently working. I had to re rip some of my games to BIN/CUE and they now work fine.

MGS is amazing. Nearly finished it now.
Hm, I noticed that I only had an ISO version

Mine worked in ISO(PSX not eboot) format, make sure its set to sph1001 bios not HLE and wait it took me around 20secs to go from black screen to the game. I completed it using pcsx-rearmed r5

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine worked in ISO(PSX not eboot) format, make sure its set to sph1001 bios not HLE and wait it took me around 20secs to go from black screen to the game. I completed it using pcsx-rearmed r5
In advance, sorry.

Buuuuuuut, how do you do that?

In advance, sorry.

From memory so exact steps might not be correct,

You will first need a bios file ripped from a psx often named scph1001.bin but thats copyrighted (but im sure that a big search engine would let you find it) so you will need to source on your own, put that file in the appdata folder for pcsx re-armed in the folder bios, (not .bios though).

after that

start pcsx re-armed, (at least r5)

load the game then press space to bring up the menu then in options -> bios/plugins change the bios from HLE to scph1001 (press right) save the config for the game.

Reset game and it should work

another setting is in the sound plugin menu is something like SPU wait which needs to be on ( default on in r6 I think)

If this doesnt work let me know im at work doing it from memory.

In advance, sorry.

From memory so exact steps might not be correct,

You will first need a bios file ripped from a psx often named scph1001.bin but thats copyrighted (but im sure that a big search engine would let you find it) so you will need to source on your own, put that file in the appdata folder for pcsx re-armed in the folder bios, (not .bios though).

after that

start pcsx re-armed, (at least r5)

load the game then press space to bring up the menu then in options -> bios/plugins change the bios from HLE to scph1001 (press right) save the config for the game.

Reset game and it should work

another setting is in the sound plugin menu is something like SPU wait which needs to be on ( default on in r6 I think)

If this doesnt work let me know im at work doing it from memory.
IT'S ALIVE!!!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!

If I could, I would give you all the internetz

IT'S ALIVE!!!

No Problem

By the way make sure your using r6 I just remembered I think thats the 1st version which allows disc swapping which you will need. have fun
r6?

Is it in the ¨BIOS/Plugins" settings?
r6 just means release 6 of the psx emu

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57973-pcsx-rearmed/page__view__findpost__p__938368

use that one I think its the latest and supports disc swapping (you may already be using it)

IT'S ALIVE!!!

No Problem

By the way make sure your using r6 I just remembered I think thats the 1st version which allows disc swapping which you will need. have fun
r6?

Is it in the ¨BIOS/Plugins" settings?
r6 just means release 6 of the psx emu

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57973-pcsx-rearmed/page__view__findpost__p__938368

use that one I think its the latest and supports disc swapping (you may already be using it)
Yes, that's the one : )

Thanks for the help!

What do I do when I need to change controller in order to beat Psycho Mantis?

menu -> controllers unbind everything from controller 1 and then bind everything to controller 2. then afterwards set it back. thats how I did it anyway
Thank you!
Actually you only need to bind shoot key from player 2's pad you can use player ones controller as long as you shoot with the second pad

I just bound squere on pad 2 to p and used that instead

What do I do when I need to change controller in order to beat Psycho Mantis?
I remember that one. What a silly way to have to beat a boss that was. Original, but silly.
Yeah, but you have to give them some credit!

You have to look at the back of your CD-case to find Meryl's number

Mantis could read your "mind" aka memorycard, "block your tv signal"!

Silly yes, but that also what gives Metal Gear Solid charm.

Ever played The GC version? Twin Snakes? Wow, I'm gonna fire up that baby next week!

Back