Psx Emu For Pandora

kingoddball

Hi There,
With all the hype on the Pandora, there are thousands of questions and I have another..

I have tried to search, but there are many threads..

Now here is my question:
Has anyone played PSX Emu on Pandora/BB?

Does it play all games; Including MGS, RE series, Silent Hill, Syphon Filters, Dino Crisis... All the best games!?!?!?
I cant wait to play these games on the small screen!!!!!!!!!!

Also, what is the best way to create an ISO from an original game (I own all games I will be running on OP)?
Does it run just standard .iso files?

Does this emulator also have or have the possibility to built in Action Replay/GameShark codes (like N64/Gameboy Emu's for PC)? (I think epsxe can on pc via addons)

I am so excited about my Pandora and playing my old games!

Back in the day, I remember a program called isobuster for windows which was pretty painless. Now it takes less time to download them.

I'm actually really excited about the PSX emulator, more so than any other system, have lots of games to rip. I think I'll just wait until I get my Pandora and people say how to rip them, like darien said for a CD they do take a long time to rip, I think at least 3 times as long as ripping a CD. Maybe it's just my drive, but I'll wait for the official word on how I need to rip them.

No one here is talking about anything illegal (downloading iso, isn't that right?)!
We're good law abiding citizens.

My question is more toward will it play the high end games at full speed?
Also, the gameshark/AR part. I've finished all the games many times over the past 11 years (Resident Evil 1 = 1998), so I feel as though I'm happy to cheat!

Net Yaroze, anyone????? They were fun at times! Gotta love the old Demo disks with PS1 mags!

kingoddball said:
I've finished all the games many times over the past 11 years (Resident Evil 1 = 1998), so I feel as though I'm happy to cheat!
Don't ask for cheat enabled emulators, I remember asking for that when the GP2X came out and I had a long thread telling me how it's stupid to cheat, how it shows I'm a horrible gamer, how kittens die when you cheat, and a lot of other BS.

I will only donate to people that make emulators with cheats support or port the emulators with the cheat support intact. I remember there were a few ports of emulators to the GP2X that the guys who ported them took the cheats out because they deemed them wrong for whatever reason. YOU CAN'T PASS FESTERS QUEST WITH NO CHEATS!!!! Also, there are tons of games that are more fun when you cheat. Whoever ports SNES9X LEAVE THE CHEAT SUPPORT IN!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
second exodous said:
I'm actually really excited about the PSX emulator, more so than any other system, have lots of games to rip.

The only games I still have in my collection are the ones that I feel are must-haves and still have replay value for me. The stories are too great to let go of, always worth revisiting.

Suikoden 1
Suikoden 2
Metal Gear Solid
Xenogears
Final Fantasy Tactics

The rest, I have sufficiently replayed to a point where I can not imagine starting over again. Xenogears and FFTactics is slowly burning out for me, though. Go Konami!

Threads RE: PSX4Pandora
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49485-ps1-emulator-questions
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/41917-playstation-emulation
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/46973-psx4pandora
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/45467-psx4pandora-update-a-question

borgqueenx said:
Dont call the panda out for having a small screen.
What? Who said the Pandora had a small screen?

EDIT: Oh, kingoddball did on the first post. I think what he means is not as big as a TV. I played a PS one game a while ago on a PS2 and the picture was horrible. On a handheld screen PS1 games look great. I think that's all he meant, but I think you were joking anyway.

Yes,
Small screens usually give a better image. Like sonic and mario (genesis/snes) look better on small screens over large tv's.
Cheating is awesome. MGS with Stealth Suit and Tux without screwing around for a few days to unlock.
GameShark rocks!
Look into GoldenEye N64 and what can be done with a GameShark! Extra levels, custom made levels.. Everything!

N64 will be FREAKEN AWESOME ON PANDORAS SCREEN!

Hahaha, yeah always tweaking the scan lines just to get it to look okay on the bigger screens.

darien said:
Hahaha, yeah always tweaking the scan lines just to get it to look okay on the bigger screens.
I could never get FFVII to look good on a TV screen, that game made me nauseous. I was the only one that got motion sickness from that game that I know of. Consequently I have never passed a FF game beyond 6. It was the only game that made me sick also, I played the PS a ton and came back to FF7 a few times and it still made me sick, just something about it made me sick.

However, one of the demo video for the PSX on Pandora had FF7 and it didn't make me sick, so I have my finger crossed. I'll also go out and buy a copy of 8 and 9 if I can stand 7. I'll save 10, the second 10, and XI for the Pandora2, maybe 3 if 2 isn't powerful enough.

I've held back on completing/replaying so many games while waiting for the Pandora, but I bet I won't even get started for a few weeks because I'll be just like "SQUEEEE! SO... SHINY!" for about that long and keep doing the mental equivalent of jumping up and down on the spot.

second exodous said:
...I was the only one that got motion sickness from that game that I know of. Consequently I have never passed a FF game beyond 6. It was the only game that made me sick also, I played the PS a ton and came back to FF7 a few times and it still made me sick, just something about it made me sick.

That is quite odd. The only PSX game that made me sick was maybe Resident Evil and it was because the controls were frustrating. I still have the original copy in the non-cd sized box. I will say this though, FF7 had the worst graphics of any Final Fantasy game. FMVs made that game work, just as it did for Tekken 1-2-3, and plenty of other early PSX games. FF8 kind of brought it closer to decent. I was playing Tekken on PS2 and tried out the arcade feature that let you revisit the older games, the graphics were not as I remembered.

Another quick question..
Will all the emulators, including PSX and N64 (beta's etc) be available to install via the Package manager or do we have to download these on our own computers and install to SD card like the GP2X??

kingoddball said:
Another quick question..
Will all the emulators, including PSX and N64 (beta's etc) be available to install via the Package manager or do we have to download these on our own computers and install to SD card like the GP2X??
I don't see anyone porting them back to the Ångström repos, but Craig is making a app store that will have GPLed code free with an option to donate, so all installing will probably be done there.

darien said:
second exodous said:
...I was the only one that got motion sickness from that game that I know of. Consequently I have never passed a FF game beyond 6. It was the only game that made me sick also, I played the PS a ton and came back to FF7 a few times and it still made me sick, just something about it made me sick.

That is quite odd. The only PSX game that made me sick was maybe Resident Evil and it was because the controls were frustrating. I still have the original copy in the non-cd sized box. I will say this though, FF7 had the worst graphics of any Final Fantasy game. FMVs made that game work, just as it did for Tekken 1-2-3, and plenty of other early PSX games. FF8 kind of brought it closer to decent. I was playing Tekken on PS2 and tried out the arcade feature that let you revisit the older games, the graphics were not as I remembered.
I loved Resident Evil 2, passed 1 afterwards, and they didn't make me sick. I really think they had those controls to make the game more scary, freaked me out when I was running down a dark hallway and all the sudden the perspective changed, there for the directions, and there were 3 zombies right there.

I do remember reading and viewing the appstore themes.
I just thought someone would make a Pandora only repo. Maybe a few like: Apps, Games, Emu etc..
Just thinking out loud. ;)

kingoddball said:
I do remember reading and viewing the appstore themes.
I just thought someone would make a Pandora only repo. Maybe a few like: Apps, Games, Emu etc..
Just thinking out loud. ;)
An app store is a repo, it's just a graphical front end with payment. All a repo is is a place to store software packages. Actually, an app store is closer to a package manager. Anyway, yeah, same thing, app store is a package manager that gets it's software from a repo.

If the GPL code is put into a Ångström repo then you'll have to use a terminal, something like:

Code:
apt-get install psx
It's not apt-get, something else, but something to that affect as its designed after the Debian package manager. So the App Store will be graphical so you just select and hit install.

Back