PCSX ReArmed Cheats

kingoddball

Hi,

Does anyone have or use the cheats option in PCSX?

It would be good to play MGS with old gameshark codes (Stealth!) and RE titles with all weapons.

I'm assuming they are similar to ActionReply or GameShark codes.

I just saw the option and got excited. But found nothing on google (20 second look).

The PCSX ReARMed readme says that this emulator supports both PCSX.cht files and CwCheat cheatpops.db file. I was unable to figure out the first format, there is very little documentation out there to find, but I was more successful with cheatpops.db file. Cwcheat is one of the more recognized cheat programs for modified/CFW Sony PSPs and cheatpops database is used to cheat on PSX/PS1 games on the CFW PSP. The same cheatpops.db file fortunately can be used just as well on our version of PCSX ReARMed for the OpenPandora.

Once you can find an updated cheatpops.db in the wild, simply drag/copy it into PCSX ReARMed`s appdata folder. Start the emulator, load a game, then on your Pandora press SPACE to bring up the Menu screen, if the matching game cheat codes are in the cheatpops.db you should then now see a CHEATS option ( between Controls and Extra Stuff ), press B action button ( it mimics the Sony "O" button ). Now you will see another screen with a list of available cheats for current loaded PSX game. Scroll UP/Down through the codes, press B button (Sony "O") to switch each code ON/OFF, when you have made your choice/s press X button two times to return to your loaded game. If you did this right and the codes match your PSX game region ( ex NA game=NA code, EU game=EU game code, JP game=JP game code etc) then you can cheat and enjoy your game to your hearts content! :D

If your code doesn`t work, make sure it is the right code for the right region game. Edit the cheatpops.db carefully and enter the right code/s yourself in the same format as it exists. Use Wordpad or your favorite text editor to see what I mean.

If you have the cheatpops.db and there is no codes for your intended game, then find the codes on the net, and edit the cheatpops.db to add them in. Make sure that the game region matches the code region otherwise it won`t work.

Hope that this helps others out there enjoy this fun emulator on their OpenPandora! :)

Enjoy your games!!!

.... Patnik.

Excellent! Thank you mate. I was just doing a search on the forum for this very thing. :)

You (and devs) are awesome!

I was going around the LONGEST possible way! Haha.

Make a copy, rename file extension to .txt and check the file names (SLES/SLUS_xxxxxx).

Some of mine do not have cheats, but do if they are correct version (SLUS over SLES etc).

LOL, does this work if you renamed your game files to be just the name of the game and got rid of the SLUS or SLES and the number?

Because I renamed all my games, because I didn't want a bunch of junk on my screen, just the name of the game.

anyway, not that I use cheats all that often, but it would be nice to be ABLE to...

That cheatpops.db REV-3(FINAL) (NTSC) file is not available at the moment, the sendspace link is down. Is anyone who downloaded it in time willing to upload it somewhere else?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Kumaki: SLUS/SLES is in the bin file. Not the external name.

@Tenka: PM me with an email address. I'll send you the cheatpops.txt (Rename to cheatpops.db).

Also, It's not the first link. It's the one that says "3 versions" blah blah.

DOWNLOAD Cheatpops.db FULL (3 Versions) with Tutorial (SENDSPACE)

DOWNLOAD Cheatpops.db FULL (3 Versions) with Tutorial (MEDIAFIRE)

(above are not links, just the text you need to find on page)

I know.

I changed the name of the .bin file to get rid of the SLUS/SLES thing.

Yeah, Don't worry about the filename. It's not an issue. The image/bin file holds the SLES/SLUS. All good. No worries.

Convert them to EBOOT and save some space.

Some games @700MB can go down to 550mb-300mb.

Convert them to EBOOT and save some space.

Some games @700MB can go down to 550mb-300mb.
I'd love to use EBOOTs too, but there doesn't seem to be any program to convert bin/cue PSX games with more than one .bin file. You know, multitrack games. Many PSX games can have up to ten .bin files, and I haven't found any converters which address this.

But all rips are a single .BIN (and a .cue).

It's odd.

Anyhow, if you need help with eboots, just post here.

I have done this with Windows and OSX (10.8 and lower).

Back