Release Midori 0.3.3

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Midori 0.3.3 packaged with my set of debian libraries to get proper rendering.

midori.png

Update 5/4/11:

Updated with Jey123456's patches

it fix a crash when overwriting a file on download.
it has a workaround for the lack of video playing plugin (so it doesnt just show the broken plugin page), and instead offer you to save, save-as, open or play.

added the "play" functionality on download, it feed the download link to streamer which then handle the magic and make it stream live in panplayer.

fixed the open/open dir functions (they did nothing on the pandora, due to gnome-open being broke right, added a quick workaround).

Requires pnd_utils for streaming to work

Midori 0.3.6 has been released

»»» Download «««

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome.

On my laptop, midori was one of my favorite browsers. I'm sure this version will be a big improvement.

Tried it today, I have to say it is much more stable, but it always crashes when downloading mupen64.pnd from apps.openpandora.org

Tried it today, I have to say it is much more stable, but it always crashes when downloading mupen64.pnd from apps.openpandora.org

Can it download files from anywhere or does it always crash? I might be able to hack around that.

Can it download files from anywhere or does it always crash? I might be able to hack around that.

I downloaded some other files without problems, just had some crashes loading the mupen64.pnd.

I downloaded some other files without problems, just had some crashes loading the mupen64.pnd.
I consider myself reasonably knowledgable on computer topics, but this has me stumped!

Why would one file crash a browser, and not another of the same type? The only thing I could think of is maybe some kind of odd character in the file name.

It doesn't matter, but I'd love to know why this is the case! (Just curious!)

It's possibly related to the data I pass with the file, I used ancient html standards which are possibly outdated and I understand Midori can be fussy about this.

The flash plugin isn't only for Mozilla. Its for any browser that supports the NPAPI architecture.

I'm not able to run it. This is the error from pndrun_midori-0.3.3.out:

Code:
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]

./midori.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]

Is something missing on my system?

Edit: I've checked this:

Code:
sudo opkg install | grep libX

... and nothing is in the system.

Shall I try to install this one manually somehow? Or is it supposed to be wrapped in midori.0.3.3.pnd?

I'm not able to run it. This is the error from pndrun_midori-0.3.3.out:

Code:
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]

./midori.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libXss.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]

Is something missing on my system?

Edit: I've checked this:

Code:
sudo opkg install | grep libX

... and nothing is in the system.

Shall I try to install this one manually somehow? Or is it supposed to be wrapped in midori.0.3.3.pnd?

Have you removed midori from NAND? Doesn't seem to happen to anyone else, but I can fix it in a bugfix release.

And about flash; might get that to work as well, there is a env var that can point to a directory with flash plugins.

This crashes, when trying to login to milkshakes new repo:

http://repo.openpandora.org/

Else it seems really good.

Edit: OK, doesn't crash always when logging in, just sometimes...

Have you removed midori from NAND? Doesn't seem to happen to anyone else, but I can fix it in a bugfix release.

No, HF5 Midori is still on NAND. I've tried to uninstall it with:

Code:
sudo opkg remove pandora-midori-defaults - 1.0-r1.5

and

Code:
sudo opkg remove midori - 0.2.4-r0.5

... but I got some dependency warnings, namely task-pandora-xfce.

Code:
Collected errors:

* print_dependents_warning: Package midori is depended upon by packages:

* print_dependents_warning: 	task-pandora-xfce

* print_dependents_warning: These might cease to work if package midori is removed.

* print_dependents_warning: Force removal of this package with --force-depends.

* print_dependents_warning: Force removal of this package and its dependents

* print_dependents_warning: with --force-removal-of-dependent-packages.

I didn't force it, atm it's not worth of messing up the system.

Or is there any other clean way of uninstalling default apps from NAND? (yes, I've searched but didn't find anything helpfull)

Thanks for your support!

it happen to me as well. even with a fresh install from the full flash hotfix5.

Back