Release Midori 0.3.3

worked so well that i even posted this in it =D

thx pal and hurray for my new favorite browser

anyone know how to set midori to use the download manager by default when clicking a link ? instead of rightclick->download manager

im currently working on getting videos to open a stream directly in panplayer (got that much working already), by abusing the download manager option xD. writing a simple download manager to go with it seem simpler and more stable, than writing a plugin for midori to achieve the same goal. (+ personally ill take wget over midori to download anytime !) especially that midori cookies are compatible with wget =D. make everything so easy its like they are made to be together.

anyhow as soon as i get some answers from JDGBOLT about something in panplayer, ill finalise it up and get a beta pnd out for it.

I'm currently working on getting surf to be more pandora-friendly (adding a simple GUI etc.), I'll probably add some sort of layer to intercept all links to content webkit can't handle.

if so then it would be easy to integrate my little panplayer streaming module in it. all it need is cookies understandable by wget (for login/secured downloads), and the download link, then a few named pipe trickery here and here then hurray, it work. (sadly 1 pipe wasnt enough since panplayer read the video beforehand to determine the best configs.

So long as your layer check using the real file name and not the name in the url (since its just about never the right name anymore) it should work nicely.

Create the directory appdata/midori-0.3.3/lib and place this file there.

+1 confirmation that this solves the missing lib issue. Thank you!

I'm currently working on getting surf to be more pandora-friendly (adding a simple GUI etc.), I'll probably add some sort of layer to intercept all links to content webkit can't handle.

Sounds really cool, looking forward to it. I'm already just another Midori convertee :)

Last edited by a moderator:
heres a beta version of midori 0.3.3 with some pandora exclusives edits.

* it fix a crash when overwriting a file on download.

* it has a workaround for the lack of video playing plugin (so it doesnt just show the broken plugin page), and instead offer you to save, save-as, open or play.

* added the "play" functionality on download, which stream it directly to panplayer, nothing is wrote on the sd / nand which mean very low cpu overhead from it (it lag a tiny bit the first 2-3 secs of 480p vid at 900mhz, then its all smooth), the play button will also work from free file hosting like hotfile, megaupload etc (i didnt try them all, but there is no reasons it shouldnt). Thanks to that, quite a lot of the vids on the webs are playable since a lot offer download mirrors.

* fixed the open/open dir functions. so now you can right click open folder, or double click/ press enter with your download selected, to run it with whatever its associated with (same as executing a file from thunar)

* changed the temporary download location for "open-file" choice to be on sd instead of /tmp, so that the open-file option is usable even on big files (so long as they fit on the freespace of your sd), they will be deleted once you close the browser.

For the "play" button, you need PND_Utils , i uploaded a new version today which include support for that. if you already had it installed, uninstall then install to update.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JGHBIFEB

sorry for the megaupload, but the forum is being a ass telling me im not permitted to upload this kind of file !

it should be added to the pnd soonish, but till then i would love to see some beta testing so that i know it work on pandoras other than mine xD.

extract the 7z in your pandora/appdata/midori-0.3.3/ then run the pnd and it should work.

ps. i would recommend you set your panplayer cache (appdata/panplayer/mpconfig.conf) if you never changed it, i personally use

cache=32000

cache-min=25

and it work great, but results may vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
midori still seems to crash when downloading and overwriting file -

=====================================================================================

PND_SCRIPT : pnd_run.sh

PND_ARGS : -p /media/PANDORA1/pandora/menu/apps//midori-0.3.3-1.pnd -e ./run -b midori-0.3.3

PND : /media/PANDORA1/pandora/menu/apps//midori-0.3.3-1.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/midori-0.3.3

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : ./run

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=====================================================================================

[17h40m16 START ]======= Mount the PND ============================================

[17h40m17 INFO ] - Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop2" "/mnt/pnd/midori-0.3.3"

[17h40m17 INFO ] - Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/PANDORA1/pandora/appdata/midori-0.3.3=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/midori-0.3.3=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/midori-0.3.3"

[17h40m17 SUCCESS ]======= Mount the PND ============================================

[17h40m18 START ]======= Starting the application (./run ) ========================

[17h40m18 ERROR ] - ls: cannot access ./plugins: No such file or directory

[17h40m18 INFO ] - ./midori.bin: /usr/lib/libjpeg.so.62: no version information available (required by /mnt/utmp/midori-0.3.3/lib/libwebkit-1.0.so.2)

[17h40m20 INFO ] -

[17h40m20 INFO ] - ** (midori.bin:3055): WARNING **: No root certificate file is available. SSL certificates cannot be verified.

[17h40m20 INFO ] -

[17h40m20 INFO ] - ** (midori.bin:3055): WARNING **: /usr/lib/midori/libfeed-panel.so: undefined symbol: katze_net_new

[17h42m26 INFO ] - **

[17h42m26 ERROR ] - Gtk:ERROR:gtkfilesystemmodel.c:746:gtk_file_system_model_sort: assertion failed: (r == n_visible_rows)

[17h42m27 INFO ] - ././run: line 11: 3055 Aborted ./midori.bin

[17h42m28 FAILED ]======= Starting the application (./run ) ========================

[17h42m29 START ]======= uMount the PND ===========================================

[17h42m29 INFO ] - cleanup done

[17h42m30 SUCCESS ]======= uMount the PND ===========================================

Return code is : 5

Back