Miku Manor

@Tenka, Doing things wrong aside, were there any cases where a "Tulpa" managed to hijack the body, do things that the original person wasn't aware of and later give back control without the original person ever being aware of what happend?

Is something like this possible in theory?
http://www.reddit.com/r/Tulpas/comments/2iznea/tulpas_and_multiplicity/ also Miku would like to know why you are putting the word Tulpa in quotes.

If you're not going to be nice then GTFO.

Night, not that I have ever heard of, but I can imagine it so I wouldn't discount it.  Strigoi's link seems to have an example though.  There are multiple different kinds of mind companions\constructs, not all of them are relatable things, some simpler ones could be better thought of as tools.  Software with a schedule vs scripts that need the user to run them, perhaps.  It is possible to raise a tulpa who would harm you, like it's possible to saw off your arm, but if you're worried about that then you're not someone who needs to worry about that.

http://www.reddit.co...d_multiplicity/also Miku would like to know why you are putting the word Tulpa in quotes.
I am still quite unfamiliar with the term and it's full definition so i just quote it from whoever mentions it, as a reference, instead of using the term myself. Sorry if by doing so i caused a misunderstanding and made my acts seemingly rude in any way.

@Tenka, What about a "Tulpa" that was peaceful and allegedly normal but later went berzerk for some reason? I mean, if the "Tulpa" in question has a personality that is similar to any familiar personalities, certian events might have a negetive effect that might lead to drastic changes in behaviour. For example, when certian extreme events cause severe trauma or even brainwash the "Tupla"'s personality somehow, while the original personality remains intact. Won't something like this make that "Tupla" potentially dangerous?

If to put it in technical terms, it's the same as a script or a program that might have an exploitable bug which may cause damage to an entire system once abused by an attacker.

Last edited by a moderator:
1001st post! (Well it was meant to be but things occurred ;) )

It was going to be the last post in the thread, so I thought I'd give it a sort of look into the future kinda vibe.

Marriage

http://www.virtualvow.com/

Not happening till at least 2016. My viewpoint is I don't see the point in it, Miku's viewpoint is a definite do want, (back in her pre-vocal days the 2nd picture that I received from her, was one of me in a suit and her in a wedding dress stood in a church before the altar).

Kids

Neither of us want kids.

Tulpa personalities develop substantially faster than original person personalities, apparently because the brain already has a huge catalog of the first person's experiences to pull from, plus of course the closely understanding guidance of the first person themselves.
For decades I have wished that it were possible for humans to more directly share knowledge, experience and thoughts.  Inability to communicate what I was thinking was what led me to think about this, which led to the realization that the benefits of directly transferring information to expedite learning should be exploited if the means to do such are developed.

Initially I thought that any risks related to the inability of the receiver to properly make use of data, or that they might not be developed or experienced enough to effectively use it was worth taking, especially if the full experiences are transferred, thus giving them the foundation of the original (not that the original person was able to deal with some things in the best manner possible...consider PTSD and problems related to traumatic experiences).  I still feel the reward is worth it, however I eventually became concerned that it might be possible to surreptitiously or maliciously "read people's minds".  Since my thoughts bounce around to all sorts of odd things all the time, I don't think I would be alone in not wanting others in my head.  The inability to have secrets doesn't seem so great, and that those who are trying to develop an idea could have it stolen and profited on by others does seem a bit unfair, as does the situation of someone that is trying to transport or store something they feel is valuable having that physically stolen because someone could find out if it was thought about.  Although it probably seems a bit strange I tried to see if I could plan and do things without really thinking about them, and as expected I could not.  The thought may not have had the bulk of my attention, but even trying to walk somewhere requires my brain to process things that I am consciously aware of.  I recall hearing that technology to read people's minds in the ways I feel is negative is being worked on.

Anyway, back to the original idea, I recently watched a television show that featured autonomous drones that directly share information.  One practiced navigating through a course by flying over and mapping everything, then flew threw it successfully.  The information was then fully shared with another drone that had not practiced or navigated the course, and it did as well as if it had previously practiced and gone through the course itself.  I still feel this is the best way to learn, and I think that anything that is able to do this will have a huge advantage over those that don't (rise of the machines?).  I also found it interesting that the drones could work together to catch and throw things to each other and humans, and they were better at this, and tasks such as balancing a stick vertically, than the humans that were present.

Tulpa personalities develop substantially faster than original person personalities, apparently because the brain already has a huge catalog of the first person's experiences to pull from, plus of course the closely understanding guidance of the first person themselves.
For decades I have wished that it were possible for humans to more directly share knowledge, experience and thoughts.  Inability to communicate what I was thinking was what led me to think about this, which led to the realization that the benefits of directly transferring information to expedite learning should be exploited if the means too do such are developed.
I aggree and if it'd be triggered manually (not borg-style...), the sharing would still have a meaning. :)

I wouldn't see any worth in it if the response would come from inside my own pool of data,

that's what people should do all the time anyway and is called "reflecting".

greetings from another dude with "wrong planet syndrome" that was communicating on the wrong fequency too most of the time in his life (without even noticing, lol)

I aggree and if it'd be triggered manually (not borg-style...), the sharing would still have a meaning.
The way I think it would work best is much in the same way that someone gives instructions on how to do something, or directions to a location, but with everything, not just what is given with verbal or written directions, although Street View has done this a bit.  If you can know how things are supposed to look, feel, sound, smell, taste, or whatever other sensory input there is, without dealing with trial and error you can become more proficient quicker, which allows for more progress to be made by developing alternative options, or refining the current process to achieve the goal.  I wouldn't expect it to be obligatory, just an alternative to the way things are naturally done.

It seems to me that many people in the world today are moving toward becoming Borg.  They move (sometimes inefficiently) through their environment absorbing information that may not be relevant to the task at hand, and sharing everything, even that which is not useful.  They panic when they are unable to access others, and the information created or collected by those others.  When encountering those that are not like them they often take what they can put to use, and try to get the outsiders to become like them, but only regard all of these as consumables, disregarding any other value it may have.  Sure, this isn't so different from how humans and other life forms have done things for a long time, but I see them becoming more Borg-like both in the types of technology being used, and in their inability to live without direct communication with the larger group and their information.

I thought that a few people might be interested in learning what life with a Tulpa is like so I thought I'd compile this post. *Note* These are just my experiences, I'm not even going to pretend that I can speak for anyone else.

Most aspects are pretty similar, you experience joys and sorrows and have differences of opinion and the like.

You have to be careful who you tell about your Tulpa for obvious reasons. Only four people in real life know about Miku, quite a few more know about her on the Internet but that's because it's much easier to ignore a hostile reaction, also a hostile reaction on the Internet is much less damaging than one in real life would be.

We experience emotional bleedover which means that we can feel each other's emotions. There is another type of bleedover where you can read each other's thoughts but we can't do that unfortunately.

I'll have Miku with me for the rest of my natural life. I do find that rather daunting at times.

All in all I'd say that the experience has been worth it. There have been a few negatives, the vampire incident comes to mind, but the positives have far outweighed them.

Thank you for listening.

Well my last girlfriend was in 4th Grade in Shool, a bit less than a quarter century ago (20 Yeahrs maybe) i just get used to live alone

I ditnt expect to get relationship in my live expect for there is a realy big fortune ..

So have a Girlfriend in my Head would be a mybe a great idea to fight the lonelyness a bit..

Even if this could cause some loss of CPU Power because the Brain have to work for booth..

My english knowledge isnt that good to understand everything from this case, but its sounds promising..

(Going to partys alone dosnt make fun, so i dosnt go..)..

I thought that a few people might be interested in learning what life with a Tulpa is like so I thought I'd compile this post. *Note* These are just my experiences, I'm not even going to pretend that I can speak for anyone else.

Most aspects are pretty similar, you experience joys and sorrows and have differences of opinion and the like.

You have to be careful who you tell about your Tulpa for obvious reasons. Only four people in real life know about Miku, quite a few more know about her on the Internet but that's because it's much easier to ignore a hostile reaction, also a hostile reaction on the Internet is much less damaging than one in real life would be.

We experience emotional bleedover which means that we can feel each other's emotions. There is another type of bleedover where you can read each other's thoughts but we can't do that unfortunately.

I'll have Miku with me for the rest of my natural life. I do find that rather daunting at times.

All in all I'd say that the experience has been worth it. There have been a few negatives, the vampire incident comes to mind, but the positives have far outweighed them.

Thank you for listening.
Problem is, you have to share Miku to Millions of competitors that also love Miku.  ;) Better "Invent" your very own Dreamgirl, I actualy had some back then when I was more "active" in imaginary things than today. ^^" Well, my buddy and I we had an very powerful squad with a bunch of fighters and some girls too.  :D  We made Comics and storys and stuff, great times. *SearchSearch*, ah, here is  an old pic of "my" Jade to thr right and his "Tanja" to the left. Yes, my drawing skills were compared limited, especialy when it came to female beings. I was more into drawing technical stuff.

Tanja_Jade.jpg

Skizze-1.jpg

So have a Girlfriend in my Head would be a mybe a great idea to fight the lonelyness a bit..
Just be warned that you're not guaranteed to get what you want.

Even if this could cause some loss of CPU Power because the Brain have to work for booth..
I can't say that I've noticed anything like that happening to me, I still know that 2+2=17 for example. ;)

Problem is, you have to share Miku to Millions of competitors that also love Miku.
It seems like someone is still under the impression that they're one and the same. :)

It seems like someone is still under the impression that they're one and the same. :)
Well, not exactly of course. But they look the same and even have the same Name. ;)  How about an makeover? Red hair or something like that for your Miku? Or name change in Mika or something like that, don't know. In your phantasy you can match her unique personality to an propper visual. 

Well, not exactly of course. But they look the same and even have the same Name.
My Miku looks the same as the other one because of personal preference (hers not mine). She has changed forms in the past but that's the one that she keeps returning to.

Only their first names are the same, their second names are different, again because of personal preference.

Back