More Organization Using Sub-Forums?

D.U

Still Fresh
We have quite the large number of seperate boards in certain sections like the wiz (8 Boards) that range in the same topic, so why not group them into sub-boards, in addition removing uncessary boards ?

Examples for the larger boards:
Wiz

General Talk
General discussion about the Wiz console.
Sub Boards: Emulation

News Zone
Post Wiz related news here. After approval, they will be posted on front page.

Developers' Corner
Discuss all aspects of Wiz programming. Ideas, projects etc.
Sub Boards:
Homebrew ,Beta Testing

Help Section
Can't figure out how to get things running? Ask for help here

GP2X

General Talk
General discussion about the GP2X console.
Sub Boards: Emulation

News Zone
Post GP2X related news here. After approval, they will be posted on front page.

Developers' Corner
Discuss all aspects of GP2X programming. Ideas, projects etc.
Sub Boards:
Homebrew

Help Section
Can't figure out how to get things running? Ask for help here
Sub Boards:F.A.Q

I apoligize for double posting, but I felt this information should be seperated for easy reading.

This Post is continued below: v v v

Last edited by a moderator:
I took off some boards, such as reviews, because it can be seperated in it's own organized topic in the general board, or even a sub-board.

Other Thoughts
Pandora & Dingo section: Beta testing gets added as a Development Corner sub-board

Other Stuff Section: Other Consoles Board added as a Sub to the OffTopic board, including the possible removal of the LOL Files Board

The Support Forums seems unecessary, I'm sure certain questions can be asked in the other boards, and it's a bit inactive.

GP32: The same format as my modified GP2X Board should serve well.

Organization is a key in order to attract members and promote activity. I think the forum would do just fine with a few changes like this.

Hmm. While it's... unusual for someone to suggest rearranging the boards when they've only been here 30 seconds, I think your ideas in the first post are pretty good. That would neaten up the forum index page nicely.

I don't agree with some of the things in your second post. This is a board for gamers, so Other Consoles should be directly accessible. Suggesting removal of the LOL Files is going a little too far. Granted it's not the most hilarious corner of the internet, but you can't just waltz in here with 6 posts and an axe to remove the bits you don't like.

I do agree that the support forums seem a little redundant. There's a lot of good content in there from the early days, but it does add clutter to the forum index. I just keep it minimised.

Gruso said:
I don't agree with some of the things in your second post. This is a board for gamers, so Other Consoles should be directly accessible. Suggesting removal of the LOL Files is going a little too far. Granted it's not the most hilarious corner of the internet, but you can't just waltz in here with 6 posts and an axe to remove the bits you don't like.

Yea, after I posted I was thinking about some other forums I've been on, they had sections like a "Random Insanity" section where people acted simply nuts but it did contribute to the activity on the forum. I suppose this would be the same case.

I only suggested the removal of the LOL board because I felt the topics could be posted elsewhere, and still have a humor aspect. But, it's my fault because I didn't look into it more; I thought it was just a normal board but it's in fact an archive of funny threads, that one can no longer post in. It's pretty good idea actually, it's just that I misunderstood.

Concerning the Other Consoles board, I suppose you're right; I found some intresting threads there earlier.

- On a final note, I didn't even realize there was a minimize icon/button on the boards, thanks for pointing that out. The forum may be a bit easier to view now. Thanks for reading/replying Gruso.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back