Beta Mupen64Plus

Hey Adventus, can we have a new PND with Ari's latest changes? http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49358-mupen64plus/page__view__findpost__p__907887

Please? *gives puppy dog eyes*

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
Hey Adventus, can we have a new PND with Ari's latest changes? http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49358-mupen64plus/page__view__findpost__p__907887

Please? *gives puppy dog eyes*

-God Ginrai

Will those changes improve anything... I don't know... but yeah I'm itching for an update also...

HackModford said:
Will those changes improve anything... I don't know... but yeah I'm itching for an update also...
Mostly I fixed crashes. For example, there was a bug where self-modifying code would go undetected during memory deallocation. It would work fine until the dynarec got low on memory and then crash randomly.

Ari64 said:
HackModford said:
Mostly I fixed crashes. For example, there was a bug where self-modifying code would go undetected during memory deallocation. It would work fine until the dynarec got low on memory and then crash randomly.

By all means let's have a new PND then :D

I second (or third?) the motion :)

Can someone PND this baby please?

I compiled the new version of Mupen64Plus but gles2n64 just caused SIGSEGV errors on all the games when I tried to run them, I probably did something wrong - but it's not easy to know what, everything compiled fine. I even compiled the newest version of gles2n64 but still got the same error. I guess we'll have to wait for someone else to do it...
Edit: I'm suspecting it might be a change in Mupen64Plus that made gles2n64 incompatible with the newest version, since all the other plugins still work fine, even Notaz's OSS plugin without needing recompiling. But what do I know :)

Jdbye said:
I compiled the new version of Mupen64Plus but gles2n64 just caused SIGSEGV errors on all the games when I tried to run them, I probably did something wrong - but it's not easy to know what, everything compiled fine. I even compiled the newest version of gles2n64 but still got the same error. I guess we'll have to wait for someone else to do it...
Edit: I'm suspecting it might be a change in Mupen64Plus that made gles2n64 incompatible with the newest version, since all the other plugins still work fine, even Notaz's OSS plugin without needing recompiling. But what do I know :)
I have noticed that combining the plugins from the pnd with my local builds does not work. I don't know what Adventus did differently, but his binaries are not compatible. If you're going to do your own builds, make sure you compile everything from source.

Ari64 said:
Jdbye said:
I have noticed that combining the plugins from the pnd with my local builds does not work. I don't know what Adventus did differently, but his binaries are not compatible. If you're going to do your own builds, make sure you compile everything from source.
Notaz's OSS plugin and the PPSP input plugin from the old PND worked fine with the version built from your source, but I managed to break something when I installed all the required packages for building Mupen64Plus on the Pandora, so even the old PND just crashed when I ran games. I reinstalled the OS, but the PND I created then complained about a missing OGL.so (or something like that), so it still doesn't work anyway. I'm not gonna attempt it again in fear of messing up my OS installation again - but it might actually have worked if I didn't break my OS install.

Hey, Sorry I've been a bit dormant recently. I have compiled the latest Mupen64plus build and I've done some minor improvements to gles2n64 (added per game configuration). However I've been running into issues with my Pandora, in particular i think i may have borked the GPU somehow. Its intermittent, sometimes the Pandora freezes at the first glDraw* call (everything else seems to proceed without error). I have tracked down the source of the Zelda regression in gles2n64, but with my pandora playing up i haven't been able to make a proper fix (I do however have a hack that works). Anyway I'll reflash my firmware, see if that fixes my problems....

Adventus said:
Hey, Sorry I've been a bit dormant recently. I have compiled the latest Mupen64plus build and I've done some minor improvements to gles2n64 (added per game configuration). However I've been running into issues with my Pandora, in particular i think i may have borked the GPU somehow. Its intermittent, sometimes the Pandora freezes at the first glDraw* call (everything else seems to proceed without error). I have tracked down the source of the Zelda regression in gles2n64, but with my pandora playing up i haven't been able to make a proper fix (I do however have a hack that works). Anyway I'll reflash my firmware, see if that fixes my problems....
Good luck Adventus, hopefully the reflash will work. If not, maybe Craig or Ed can get you a replacement ASAP! ;)

N64 developement is top priority in my book, and any and all help should be thrown to you and the others working on this great emu. I'm looking forward to trying the newest bulid.

Chris

jumpman said:
Adventus said:
Good luck Adventus, hopefully the reflash will work. If not, maybe Craig or Ed can get you a replacement ASAP! ;)

N64 developement is top priority in my book, and any and all help should be thrown to you and the others working on this great emu. I'm looking forward to trying the newest bulid.

Chris

+1.

-God Ginrai

Adventus said:

Awesome to hear from you, when you got a minute can you update the source? (r22 is old, I think?). Good luck on getting your Pandora fixed up or a replacement Pandora, if not I'm sure we can track down a really cheap N900 for you to come develop on :p Then you can snap the top half off your Pandora and use it as a bluetooth control for the N900 :p

Adventus said:
Ahh crap, hope the reflash fixes it.

jumpman said:
Adventus said:

Chris
Hey Adventus, any luck with your reflash?

Chris

jumpman said:
jumpman said:
Adventus said:

Chris
Hey Adventus, any luck with your reflash?

Chris

I'm curious, too. It's been a while now and still no response. :(

-God Ginrai

Back