Mweston Tries Out A Range Of Leds (Photo)

I think the bluetooth led should be blue

For all these people saying blue is too bright there are things called resistors that help with that :)

Paradox said:
Elanzer said:
Paradox said:
wasn't there supposed to be some more news on the cases yesterday or the day before? or is this our "booby prize"?

Are you going to cancel your order yet

who r u?

A random person who's sick of your whining in the middle of seemingly every thread. If it's that much grief for you cancel your order and get your money back, someone else will take your place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elanzer said:
Paradox said:
Elanzer said:
Paradox said:
wasn't there supposed to be some more news on the cases yesterday or the day before? or is this our "booby prize"?

Are you going to cancel your order yet

who r u?

A random person who's sick of your whining in the middle of seemingly every thread. If it's that much grief for you cancel your order and get your money back, someone else will take your place.

it's not like there aren't tons of available pandoras to order anyway, or do you actually believe they have sold nearly all 4,000 except for about 30-50 odd ones?

The F-200 had a blue led, and that was supposed to be like having a telescope pointed at a supernova, focused into a fine beam on your retinas as you tried to complete alex kidd in miracle world.

Sugar_Kane said:
The F-200 had a blue led, and that was supposed to be like having a telescope pointed at a supernova, focused into a fine beam on your retinas as you tried to complete alex kidd in miracle world.
Yeah, I opened that little shite up and put black tape over it.

Gruso said:
Sugar_Kane said:
Yeah, I opened that little shite up and put black tape over it.
Same hear, though I did find you could use it as a flashlight very well.

I agree with not having bright, especially blue, LEDs. The only use I would consider blue for would be to alarm me of low battery power because it draws attention. But red is far more common for that purpose.

Green ones can easily be too bright like I found out after buying a Razor mouse. I don't need extra lights to walk about in my room or interact with objects on my desktop (the physical one) when that rodent is plugged in.

Yellow, orange/amber, red and soft green, I'm fine with those. Though I see it gets complicated because of the LEDs sitting together so closely and interfering with each other.

Is there a possibility to dim LEDs? I guess you would need some extra thingy on the board to do that?

Usually you can control the brightness of LEDs with software if you got the hardware for that in it..

I would vote no for blue if I had any say but the most important is please use the ones requiring LEAST CURRENT possible. The old red/green/yellow leds were a huge battery drain in my time. Don't know about the modern ones.

X x Ben x X said:
For all these people saying blue is too bright there are things called resistors that help with that :)
Won't help much. Even a low powered blue LED still appears very, very bright next to red or yellow. It's a very odd illusion.

Paradox said:
it's not like there aren't tons of available pandoras to order anyway, or do you actually believe they have sold nearly all 4,000 except for about 30-50 odd ones?
Actually yes. Someone recently posted into that annoying "what place am I" thread saying they'd got an answer back of between 3900 and 4000.

An option to disable ALL LED lights at program request would be very interesting.

LED lights are very distracting while reading on the screen of my GP2X, so I suppose the same could be applied for the Pandora.

Agrees to have blue LED's out of the picture. When trying to see a movie in the dark, it's not just a microscope at a supernova. We're talking about an industrial lasercutter into the VLT with that microscope at the eyepiece of the VLT.....into your retina and out the back of your skull. My now-beginning-to-give-up-with-colored-lines monitor's got this blue LED in the lower right corner, and it really shines like the sun when I'm watching an old black-white movie.

But as long as you can turn them off by software, it shouldn't be much of a problem. But as for BThow often do you use it anyways? Transfer an MP3 to some phone, connecting your Dinovo Edge keyboard....headset for Skype??? I think we can keep that LED blue, or some similar color that's not fully blue.

Possible suggestion:
[ORANGE][ORANGE][GREEN][CYAN]=====[RED][ORANGE][GREEN][GREEN]
----SD1----------SD2----------wifi--------BT----------------low--------mid--------good--------full battery

The purple LED's are something that I haven't seen in any other device before and would be truly unique; not to mention that they go well with the black case and look fantastic :D

Blue are nice but I agree with everyone that says they get annoying. If you can tone the blue down then it would be good for the Pandora to have at least one for the Bluetooth, but it wouldn't really bother me either way tbh.

I don't think there's a purple - I think it's the blue that "tends to wash out or blend too much with nearby colors"...

Might be better if you swap the colours over. Have the older colours for the power etc. on the right hand side (green, orange and red) and have the purple type colours on the left. That way they would fit in better with a blue LED for the Bluetooth :)

Back