My 3D printed Pandora mount for my electronic drumset..

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
I have recently purchased an electric drumset and figure I'd try the various MIDI/Audio software out on the Pandora.  So designed a mount Pandora that attaches to the drum rack that I could hold the Pandora firmly.  I figured I'd share my design, more pictures on the page:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:402941

20140721_173921_preview_featured.jpg

It's was a pretty quick and dirty design, but it slides in and holds well, There is a flange in the back that keeps it from jumping out and it seems to hold in from a complete vertical angle to horizontal without issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! 

I'm assuming the ports on the back are accessible, so you could connect a midi device to the USB port for example?

- Neelix

Nice! 

I'm assuming the ports on the back are accessible, so you could connect a midi device to the USB port for example?

- Neelix
Yeah that's nice, Edit (after seeing Trashy post #4 :) ): but from the picture, I don't think the ports are accessible.

Trashy, can you make a Pandora holder for use in a car?

Yeah everything is accessible in the back, the flange I mentioned does cover that hole where you can attach a wrist strap.. I figure I didn't need it.

Here is a picture with the lid closed to show that all the ports are available.

20140722_001449_preview_featured.jpg

Trashy, can you make a Pandora holder for use in a car?
In theory I could, but how it's attached depends on the make and model of the car.. I doubt those suction cup things would hold the weight of the Pandora and the mount piece.

That makes sense. :)  

Looks good.   I've pondered making a Pandora mount for my MIDI keyboard,  but have never actually got around to doing more than think about it.

- Neelix

Also not shown in my pictures, while I did account for the stylus.. I didn't leave a hole below it to easily take it out.. my 3D model file has been updated to include one.

I doubt those suction cup things would hold the weight of the Pandora and the mount piece
My first GPS had a 7 inch screen and a 5 inch IDE hard drive; it probably weighed about 4 or 5 lbs and had no problem sticking to my windshield. I think a suction cup mount can be found that can support the Pandora ;)

My first GPS had a 7 inch screen and a 5 inch IDE hard drive; it probably weighed about 4 or 5 lbs and had no problem sticking to my windshield. I think a suction cup mount can be found that can support the Pandora ;)
Well this may be true, I was finding excuses to not getting into making a car mount.. My files are out there people can modify it all they want, I'm just not interested in going down that road.

I doubt those suction cup things would hold the weight of the Pandora and the mount piece
Yeah but the Pandora costs 7 times your GPS and 7 times easier to break if fallen (well at least until IDV makes that aluminum case a reality...) :)

TrashyMG, I am not a drummer, but this is still awesome as fuck.  I just need to find a reason to use something like it.  I have made some other musicians aware of the Pyra/Pandora, so maybe others will also be in need of a mount based on this.

Wasn't someone looking for a bicycle mount or something?

What kind of music stuff are you using the Pandora for, and how well does it perform? Right now I've only gone as far as writing tracks on milkytracker - I did try the jack server once but it was so laggy and crackly I gave up.

What kind of music stuff are you using the Pandora for, and how well does it perform?
Honestly haven't found what I was looking for yet, I have got midi output using Qsynth and a passthrough mode on the virtual midi keyboard .. I  haven't yet found a great way of capturing it, maybe I'll check out that milkytracker.. I've setup regular audio recording with the TV out cables..

Back