N64 Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Mithrildor' said:
Plz watch this vid I found on youtube now, it lets us see how awesome the Nintendo 64 is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcTry4GwhWQ...feature=related
Wow, that is so NOT representative of the actual frame rates of the console. I wonder why they encoded it so slowly?

Then again, 99% sure it's an emulator with the graphical glitches in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope N64 works good on the Pandora :D . The main games I won't to work on it is...

-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
-Paper Mario
-Mario 64
-Mario Kart 64
-Star Fox 64
-Super Smash Bros.

'#1 GameMaster' said:
I hope N64 works good on the Pandora :D . The main games I won't to work on it is...

-Paper Mario
-Mario 64
-Mario Kart 64
-Star Fox 64
-Super Smash Bros.
My list is basically the same as that, except it has these tacked on to the end:

-Bomberman 64
-Winback: Covert Operations
-1080 Snowboarding
-Bomberman 64: Second Attack
-Goldeneye

-God Ginrai

Hey, what's with the lack of mentions of Rayman 2: The Great Escape? :( (Consider it now mentioned. :p)

The games I would love to work are:

Mario 64
Mario kart 64
Super Smash bros 64
Donkey Kong 64
Starfox 64
Zelda OOT
Zelda MM
Rayman 2: The great escape
Conkers bad fur day
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Paper Mario
F-Zero

And many more...

Let's not forget Space Station Silicon Valley.

'#1 GameMaster' said:

-Paper Mario
-Mario 64
-Mario Kart 64
-Star Fox 64
-Super Smash Bros.
That's my list exactly except... I've never played Paper mario but I definatley would if we got an emulator :D

isnt the goal of most emulator developers simply "to see if it can be done"? Just saying "wedlikeanemulatorplzkaythx" never guarantees that anyone will do it, even if a few pautry dollars are offered. It's up to an individual to think "I'm curious to see if that would work" and then do it. To that end I'd be surprised to see one before at least a month past the point when a real Pandora is in the hands of someone with the skill.

'Alpha2' said:
isnt the goal of most emulator developers simply "to see if it can be done"? Just saying "wedlikeanemulatorplzkaythx" never guarantees that anyone will do it, even if a few pautry dollars are offered. It's up to an individual to think "I'm curious to see if that would work" and then do it. To that end I'd be surprised to see one before at least a month past the point when a real Pandora is in the hands of someone with the skill.
Maybe that's a reason there's already someone who wants to try a dreamcast emulator, but noone announced trying a N64 emulator, yet. We already know it's possible.

Or maybe it's because the N64 has no really good games compared to the dreamcast *hehe*

PoisonedV: You have a bad day, don't you recognize that yourself? Go to the park and steal some kids their lollipops or do anything else to free your agressions. Some people are obviously fed up with your behaviour and you won't make that better by being agressive.

'conso' said:
'Alpha2' said:
Maybe that's a reason there's already someone who wants to try a dreamcast emulator, but noone announced trying a N64 emulator, yet. We already know it's possible.

Or maybe it's because the N64 has no really good games compared to the dreamcast *hehe*

PoisonedV: You have a bad day, don't you recognize that yourself? Go to the park and steal some kids their lollipops or do anything else to free your agressions. Some people are obviously fed up with your behaviour and you won't make that better by being agressive.

No, the reason that a Dreamcast emu was suggested as a possibility is because the guy was porting NullDC to the PSP, and some of the users of these forums asked "Can we have some of that cake?"

-God Ginrai

'conso' said:
i dont recall posting in this thread since the third page

Actually, the thing is if you had a coder who was a retail game code or something along those lines it might be more possible. I'm not saying anyone who codes on this forum could do this, but if someone who knows coding better than us might be able to does this sort of thing better than we could (again anyone on this forum who read this and is a coder, take no offense by this post). So if we used some of the dev fund to get this sort of thing done it might be easier and closer than we though.

'PoisonedV' said:
''conso'' said:
PoisonedV: You have a bad day, don''''t you recognize that yourself? Go to the park and steal some kids their lollipops or do anything else to free your agressions. Some people are obviously fed up with your behaviour and you won''''t make that better by being agressive.
i dont recall posting in this thread since the third page

:lol: :lol: :lol: I must be delirious because I am [edit: dying] laughing at everything slightly funny.

I think PoisonedV is a credit to this forum :) He might be a tad raw sometimes but hes never personal. Not from what i've seen anyway...

I've been experimenting with Mupen under Linux on my Aspire One (Atom CPU). Super Mario 64 is fairly playable at 800MHz with frame skip, but some other games aren't. Majora's Mask completely maxes out the CPU at 1600Mhz, and even then its still kinda slow. So I'm guessing a game like this will not work too well on the Pandora, unless someone comes up with some rather extensive optimizations.

I wonder if Mupen could even run on a Pandora. Aside from having no ARM port, Mupen uses a lot of RAM, around 250-300 MB. The Pandora only has 256MB total. This isn't going to work unless someone does a major rewrite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back