Name That Film (Western)

Ian J

Advanced Member
Just watched The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966) and I'm trying to think of a film I saw years ago with a similar plot/ending.

I've tried IMDB's filter but nothing looked familiar.

I'm hoping someone on here can help.

At the end of the film they find the grave/hole where the money is hidden in the ground and when the bad guy reaches in he gets bitten by a rattlesnake and then the good guy gets the sacks of money.

EDIT: The spoiler contains the ending of the film I can't think of NOT the ending of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966).

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's either "A Fist Full Of Dollars" or "For A Few Dollars More" Not watched them in over 30years, but your description rings a bell with one of those.

[EDIT] I'm not so sure anymore... :/

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it's either "A Fist Full Of Dollars" or "For A Few Dollars More" Not watched them in over 30years, but your description rings a bell with one of those.

No sorry, watched both those back to back last weekend.

My Dad was a big Western fan and watched them all BITD and when repeated. I'm sure he'll know. I've just texted him.
[doublepost=1456003846,1456002874][/doublepost]Sorry for the double post, but he phoned me back saying that it might be "The Spoilers"

There were two films called The Spoilers made, one in 1942 the other 1955 according to Google - not sure if they are based on the same story or not.

My Dad was a big Western fan and watched them all BITD and when repeated. I'm sure he'll know. I've just texted him.
[doublepost=1456003846,1456002874][/doublepost]Sorry for the double post, but he phoned me back saying that it might be "The Spoilers"

There were two films called The Spoilers made, one in 1942 the other 1955 according to Google - not sure if they are based on the same story or not.

Could it be "True Grit"?

No none of those. :(

Last edited:
Back