Nand Full

I'm a Firefox user, so I can't comment. Bearing in mind that I'm just guessing here, is the window too big for the screen? If so, hold down Shift (it may be Alt, I'm unsure), and drag the window from any point where you can click on it, until you can reach it.

If that's not possible, then I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this one.

Prometheus said:
I'm a Firefox user, so I can't comment. Bearing in mind that I'm just guessing here, is the window too big for the screen? If so, hold down Shift (it may be Alt, I'm unsure), and drag the window from any point where you can click on it, until you can reach it.

If that's not possible, then I'm afraid I don't know the answer to this one.

Yep thats the problem. Holding down shift key works. Your a star, thanks. Now I just need to find my old Chromium.pnd that stored to NAND and see if it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alerino said:
don't have my panda here to confirm, but open terminal and type du -h | more, you'll find cache folders and how many megs they are using, (if i'm not mistaken, Chromium cache is located into Applications/Cache/Chromium, and Firefox one into .mozilla folder)

I had cache folders for Chromium & Arora in that location. I've cleared both these and now have 72MB free. Thanks for the help.

FYI the latest Chromium versions don't cache to NAND, definitely switch to one of those if you haven't already. :)

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56474-chromium-4-with-ssl-and-chromium-snapshot/

EvilDragon said:
Bosbeetle said:
Well looking at my NAND almost gave me a small heart attack, only ~80MB left on a pandora that I used for 4 days. No OPKG stuff and only very light browsing via chromium.

Well... that's about as much as a clean installed unit has ;)
Well in that case the "clean install" isn't so clean :p

Seriously there is allot of crap that can be removed. It is just that non-linux users like me can't delete unwanted crap cleanly without borking the system. A NAND management utility to get rid of unwanted apps would be a nice thing.

DaveC said:
EvilDragon said:
Bosbeetle said:
Well looking at my NAND almost gave me a small heart attack, only ~80MB left on a pandora that I used for 4 days. No OPKG stuff and only very light browsing via chromium.

Well... that's about as much as a clean installed unit has ;)

Seriously there is allot of crap that can be removed. It is just that non-linux users like me can't delete unwanted crap cleanly without borking the system. A NAND management utility to get rid of unwanted apps would be a nice thing.

Well the nand IS only 1/2G. Check livecdlist.com, many of the images are 650-700M
I don't use win hardly at all, only to diagnose some win-only kit, otherwise often months
between boots. So I checked the win install 1.5G (xp)
I know you can get win down to maybe 200M but it's pretty cramped and few apps
Maybe opkg can be a front end for Synaptic? More MB gone.
I don't know if there is an answer other than larger nand
I've seen a chinese netbook with igenic cpu (mips32),128M with 4G nand, $180
For now I suggest you figure out opkg, then share the knowledge

dave

This seems like it could be important, so I've made an article for it and linked to it in the other articles on Pandorawiki:
http://pandorawiki.org/NAND

Hope I got the general idea correct. I really don't understand the technical stuff behind it.

P.S. Gruso, I think this could be a nice thing to write about on the blog, just to warn people who may not be aware of the risk.

DaveC said:

^^ Agree

Apart from that, I think a 80MB free internal disk is a problem if you want to use NAND as primary disk. I only did some webrowsing and install minitube via opkg and I almost full the nand. seeng people wants moving to external storage (PND, SD boot...), maybe could be better just to have a mínimal boot nand (64MB or 128MB), with almost no applications (apart from the OS utils), and use SD for everything else.

OPKG support to SD instalation by default could be great, and a synaptic-pandora

chame said:
DaveC said:

^^ Agree

Apart from that, I think a 80MB free internal disk is a problem if you want to use NAND as primary disk. I only did some webrowsing and install minitube via opkg and I almost full the nand. seeng people wants moving to external storage (PND, SD boot...), maybe could be better just to have a mínimal boot nand (64MB or 128MB), with almost no applications (apart from the OS utils), and use SD for everything else.

OPKG support to SD instalation by default could be great, and a synaptic-pandora

Basically the idea I've thought of being best, though people on IRC seemed to mostly shoot it down, because they want to be able to swap cards from both slots, or something.

Back