Need Help Working These Emulators!

MARIOPARTY53

Still Fresh
Well how do I get it these work on a F200 B 4.02 Gp2x?
NeoGeo,NeogeoPocket and Mame?

Neogeo-I cant gets roms to load

Neogeopocket-Does not even Boot

Mame-does not boot

:ph34r: help? :ph34r:

[removed pointless quote - next time please use the addreply at the bottom of the page, rather than the one under your original message]
MP53-sorry, Never seen that rule befor
yea, and I have no clue what they mean, is there a bio needed ?

MARIOPARTY53 said:
yea, and I have no clue what they mean, is there a bio needed ?
If there is a bios needed the Readme file will tell you where to put it and what it should be named.

It will also tell you where to put the roms if they need to be in a special place.

\roms\snes means that the roms need to be in a folder on the SD card called roms, and further they need to be inside a folder called snes that is inside the roms folder.

That is just an example, I haven't tried all the emulators.

Read the file, do what it says at every step, if you are stuck ask about a particular step.

Edit:

By the way, root means that it is in the SD card but not in any folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, mame 4all or mamegp2x does not come with readmes
Same with the neogeo emus
And neogeo pocket just wont boot period, no matter what I do
Oh and I need help with cap2, lynx and ps1 emulators as well
for lynx i got the bootimg, but when I boot the emu i get a blank green screen
Cap2 Wontboot
ps1. Idk How to load a rom or put them in,and yes I got the bio for this one

mame doesnt boot period
Cps2 doesnt boot either
I will try the way you said race, but it does not boot aswell

:S strange

how are you launching them? the standard menu? gmenu?

where are they? as in you folder structure?

do any games/apps or other emu's work?

well, I tryed luachging those above in gmenu and the normal menu

no luck

I got Nes,gba,Genesis (I have an older picodrive becuase the newest wont work) And GameGear-Sms to work

snes,gbc-Works about 50% of the time when luached

maybe your sd card is corrupted or your gp2x broke. you shouldn't be having all these kinds of trouble with emulators. neo geo is kinda complicated to get to work right but all this "won't boot" shouldn't be happening.

Update your firmware to FW 4.1.1. B)

MAME and some of the other emulators do not work in FW 4.0.2.

Just be sure to follow the FW updating instructions and have sufficient power.

I dont wont to take a risk at a brick
Im not updating :huh: rather not risk my gp2x
I guess I will be ok with out those

From the reports around, some of the emulators affected include MAMEGP2X, MAME4all, RACE!, DrMD, VICE, OutcaST... less specific ones include SMS & GG (probably AlexKidd2X), Amiga, MSX2... Homebrew apps also are affected such as Payback, Super Maryo Chronicles, PDFView...

These are just the ones reported; there likely would be more affected and not work in FW 4.0.2.

MARIOPARTY53 said:
I dont wont to take a risk at a brick
Im not updating :huh: rather not risk my gp2x
I guess I will be ok with out those
A firmware update really isn't that dangerous.
Just make sure you've got charged batteries and you'll be fine. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
:blink: I dont want a brick becuase I work like a month just to get a gp2x

EDIT- I updated, Im fine,
Neogeo Pocket boots, but then it closes
Amiga-Working :)
Neogeo-working :) But I only have metal slug rom working, cant blues journey working right
Game and watch working :)
Atari Lynx-Working :)
cp2s-not needed anymore
Mame- Cant figure out, so not tested

For RACE!, you can install the "RACE" folder anywhere, but you have to place your ROMs in "sd/roms/ngpc".

The ROMs have to unzipped, and their filenames must be shorter than 32 characters (including the file extension). Also, make sure you don't have more than 254 files in the folder.

If done correctly, you should be able to boot RACE! and enter the file selector. You should see your ROMs, and after selecting a ROM, it should load it successfully.

For MAME (either MAMEGP2X or MAME4ALL), you can install either anywhere, and place your ROMs in the "roms" folder provided.

The ROMs have to be formatted to follow specific MAME versions; MAME 0.34 for MAMEGP2X and MAME 0.37b5 for MAME4ALL. You can do this by using the "clrmame.dat" files provided with a tool called "ClrMame Pro". The ROMs are compressed and have their own specific filenames (which you can see in the "gamelist.txt").

If done correctly, when you launch MAME, you should see your ROMs in the file selector. Select a ROM, and then continue through the configurations (you can tweak the settings there, if needed) until it loads successfully.

Some ROMs do not work due to incompatibilities or are not supported, while some would require parent ROMs or BIOS files to be present as well in the ROMs folder.

race-did that, it boots, show the green screen, and then its says something, then a red box comes up and says something, and takes me back to gp2x menu
does it need a bio?Cuz I found one online ;)

Mame-Going to try that, but where can i download it for :gp2x f200?

Nope, RACE! does not need any BIOS files.

What you saw is a warning saying that it can't find the ROMs folder. Make sure the folders are located like this: "sd/roms/ngpc"; all lowercased. "sd" is the root of your SD card, "roms" is a folder located in the root, and "ngpc" is the folder inside the "roms" folder and contains your ROMs for RACE!.

You can download MAME and the other GP2X emulators and apps in the archive: http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi
(For ROMs and BIOS files, you would need to find them on your own. Neither this forum nor the archive have them.)

Back