Need Help Working These Emulators!

well race still didnt work, and I did everything you said :( man Can somebody send me a preconfigured one?

mame, The downloads are just rar files there!? so it wont work :(

Also How do I add new roms to neogeo?

Yes Im a gp2x brainless user :(

I have sent you a PM for a preconfigured RACE!. All you need to do is unzip the entire thing to the root of your SD card. It should be ready to play.

The files in the archive are compressed. Just download them and extract the contents to your SD card.

What NeoGeo emulator are you using? GnGeo2x or FBA2X? Either way, you just need to add the ROMs to the ROMs folder provided, although they need to be in the format that the emulator wants.

I hope you don't mind me answering your PM reply here.

thanks, but Its says "error can not find directory" so It wont work maybe it just wont work on 4 1.1

I'm also running in FW 4.1.1, so it can't be that.

Where did you extract it, particulary the ROMs folder, as that is the one it can't find?

and thanks man You have been a great help here, can you give me a Mame one aswell? thanks again dude

As for MAME, you just have to extract the content to your SD card and add ROMs to the ROMs folder. The ROMs is the tricky part, as you need them to be in a specific working format. If you can't format them on your own, you can just look for torrents for the GP2X that contains working ROMs for MAME. ;)

Same goes for GnGeo2x or any emulator, you can try looking for torrents that contain working sets.

also do you know any good touchscreen games?

I replied to your new thread with a list of touchscreen games.

Last edited by a moderator:
MARIOPARTY53 said:
well race still didnt work, and I did everything you said :( man Can somebody send me a preconfigured one?
Unix uses EOL characters so if you edited the original and did not save in UNIX format then you will get that message. you can check it by opening it in notepad and all the data will be on one line for example. If you don't change Manjuus file you should work.

MARIOPARTY53 said:
:blink: I dont want a brick becuase I work like a month just to get a gp2x

EDIT- I updated, Im fine,
Neogeo Pocket boots, but then it closes
Amiga-Working :)
Neogeo-working :) But I only have metal slug rom working, cant blues journey working right
Game and watch working :)
Atari Lynx-Working :)
cp2s-not needed anymore
Mame- Cant figure out, so not tested
ive got a gp2x f200 with firmware 4.0.0,im trying to run "race neo geo pocket emulator"ive got it running,but when it starts it doesn,t give me a choice of selecting roms it only lets me play bomberman.anybody know what im doing wrong?.thanks

wil hood said:
MARIOPARTY53 said:
ive got a gp2x f200 with firmware 4.0.0,im trying to run "race neo geo pocket emulator"ive got it running,but when it starts it doesn,t give me a choice of selecting roms it only lets me play bomberman.anybody know what im doing wrong?.thanks

Are you using the selector? What is the first screen do you see?

If it didn't come with a selector, try redownloading it from the archive.

Manjuu said:
wil hood said:
MARIOPARTY53 said:

when i run race the first screen i see is the neogeo pocket screen then it does nothing until i press a and it goes to the bomberman screen,then if i press a again it goes to the bomberman game.anyway thanks for the suggestion,i try redownloading from the archive

Manjuu said:
wil hood said:
MARIOPARTY53 said:

downloaded the most recent version of race like you said and it works perfect .thanks for your help.just got to mess around with it to find out how to get back to the selector screen when exiting a game.thanks

Back