New Blog Post

Good update! Glad to see you guys got the board issue straightened out (no pun intended). :lol: The only thing that concerns me is...
Craig said:
Things will of course get a LOT more exciting in the coming 2 or 3 months. Consider this the calm...
I really hope that means that activity will boom after the Pandora comes out. If the release is stretched out another 3 months, I think I'll go insane...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am both excited and concerned about the analog nubs...Will the new ones have the same features? Less? More?
If detected rotation of nubs was included...

KRH said:
I am both excited and concerned about the analog nubs...Will the new ones have the same features? Less? More?
If detected rotation of nubs was included...
...we could play Tempest 2000 as it was meant to be played?

But whatever they pick, it will be the 2nd-best choice. Else they would have picked it the first time. :(

Yea, I would also like to express my concern for the nubs... I mean, there's not much that can be done, I guess, but they looked so slick in the preview videos, and that "in not so great news" bit doesn't help ease my concerns... :(

Esn said:
...we could play Tempest 2000 as it was meant to be played?

But whatever they pick, it will be the 2nd-best choice. Else they would have picked it the first time. :(
I was actually thinking about racing games. :p

However the 2nd best is not necessarily true, Something better (and cheaper) may very well come along in the time it takes to fix the USB Problems.

Yeah, it might make it better. But I'm not THAT worried about the nubs anyway, it's just a couple of potentiometers, what's the worst that could happen?

Kyosys said:
Yeah, it might make it better. But I'm not THAT worried about the nubs anyway, it's just a couple of potentiometers, what's the worst that could happen?
PSP_SKYPE_1.jpg

:p

Well there are 2 options:

Use another off the shelf nub (it probably won't have as much throw as the old one though unless we get lucky)

or we have a custom nub made for us which WILL lead to a huge delay, it would not be ready until September at the earliest.

I guess it depends on how you feel about the travel distance of the nub on handhelds?

craigix said:

Use another off the shelf nub (it probably won't have as much throw as the old one though unless we get lucky)

or we have a custom nub made for us which WILL lead to a huge delay, it would not be ready until September at the earliest.

I guess it depends on how you feel about the travel distance of the nub on handhelds?
I wouldn't mind a shorter travel, but then again, I'm a D-Pad fan.

craigix said:

Ugh, the analog nubs are very important to the game I'm working on...

Choice between better nub or closer release? I think you guys know what to do.

AireTamStorm said:
Choice between better nub or closer release? I think you guys know what to do.
And what exactly is that? :lol: I say get it here as quick as possible. Again, the analog sticks are two little pots. If anyone really loathes them, and I doubt they will, I can always swap 'em out.

CronoTriggerfan said:
And what exactly is that? :lol: I say get it here as quick as possible. Again, the analog sticks are two little pots. If anyone really loathes them, and I doubt they will, I can always swap 'em out.
What will Joe public and game reviewer Guy think about laying down 330$ to a no name console to find they are stuck with analogs that behave like a GP2X stick?

A bad first release will almost certainly cripple the Pandora.

Well to me the whole idea of analog nubs would be to have allot of range. If the throw is too short it kind of defeats the purpose of having analog in the first place.

D-pad - short throw = good
Analog - short throw = bad

Just my opinion.

DaveC said:
Well to me the whole idea of analog nubs would be to have allot of range. If the throw is too short it kind of defeats the purpose of having analog in the first place.

D-pad - short throw = good
Analog - short throw = bad

Just my opinion.
I agree with DaveC here.

Also, I think that whatever replacement nubs we get have to still have Stick Click. That was a useful function that I don't think should be left out just because we had to settle on new nubs.

-God Ginrai

Back