New Cell Phone

I've seen someone using a viewty, and they basically look like a bad iPhone knockoff with an underpowered chipset but a better camera.

Nova said:
lubidog said:
Nova said:
Oooh, the N95 looks nice. However, I read the battery is uber shit, and that it's huge. Any comments?

You are correct!

I carry two batteries

Will it not get me through a day of just texting and the odd call?

So you plan to do mostly texting and the odd call with your cellphone.

And you need an N95 for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishbong said:
Nova said:
lubidog said:
Nova said:
Oooh, the N95 looks nice. However, I read the battery is uber shit, and that it's huge. Any comments?

You are correct!

I carry two batteries

Yes, cos I take pictures too. And I just need to feel good about my phone. Or something.

Fishbong said:
Nova said:
lubidog said:
Nova said:

You are correct!

I carry two batteries

Expensive gadgets make your penis bigger, pfft everyone knows that...

I used to buy overpowered symbian phones, but now I realise they are just a novelty and can be a pain in the ass.

I never used any of them to even half of their potential, and although they are good at emulation and other tasks they are quite often crap at phone specific stuff.

My currenty symbian phone (a 3250) takes about 5 minutes to send a text, the backlight fails quite a bit, the top fell off leaving the screen exposed and most people think you could build a house with it. Large phones are seriously uncool.

Unless you actually need the power of a N95 I wouldn't reccomend you get one, you will end up carrying arond a brick whereas you could be carrying a KRAZR or something nicer.

Well, I tend to use my k800i more than the N95, cos the battery lasts for months and it also takes great pictures!

weeee it's the craiginator with phone capabilities... not. Nice phone though, that htc.

Finally I went for a N95 for 338 € shipping included on eBay (I'm a bit pissed because a few hours later some N95 got sold for about 290, but it's OK cause this one looked a bit more suspicious, there's a shitload of fake chinese N95s on eBay)

Yeah, that's way off budget, but since it had a camera that outdoes my Nikon Coolpix SQ I can sell it. Besides a GPS will be great when I'll move soon to Dublin, and so will be WiFi to have internet like in the streets even if there's no WiFi in sight where I'll live.

A_SN said:
Finally I went for a N95 for 338 € shipping included on eBay (I'm a bit pissed because a few hours later some N95 got sold for about 290, but it's OK cause this one looked a bit more suspicious, there's a shitload of fake chinese N95s on eBay)

Yeah, that's way off budget, but since it had a camera that outdoes my Nikon Coolpix SQ I can sell it. Besides a GPS will be great when I'll move soon to Dublin, and so will be WiFi to have internet like in the streets even if there's no WiFi in sight where I'll live.
Nice one, tell me how it is!

Nova said:
A_SN said:

Nice one, tell me how it is!

It's pretty cool! I'm a bit disappointed by the resolution of the pictures I take with it (there's a 5 MP CCD but it's blurry enough so you only need 2 MP, and actualy quite often anything over 640x480 is blurry. But besides that it does good pictures.

Also honnestly it's much cooler to watch videos on it than on the GP2X, dunno why but it is. Haven't tried anything Internety on it yet cause I don't have bluetooth or WiFi yet, so.. yeah.. I'm not disappointed at all tho.

I wouldn't say n95 is better watching videos the gp2x suppose to better for watching videos end of the day phones are for only voice calls, i know they have features in them not many people use them it's really silly have advance features in them but i still think they are way behind the gp2x consoles here are the differences:

* gp2x has better screen 3.5 screen size in land scape style looks alot cooler than n95.
* gp2x has tv out, n95 can't connect to tv.
* gp2x is open source, n95 isn't.
* using gp2x cradle connect hard drives,pendrives,control pads,mouse keyboard, n95 can never do this.

I don't really think any phone or handheld system will ever come close to gp2x f-200, i'm sorry about this if i written to much it's just the facts i hate when people compare phone to a gp2x they aren't even compareable.

If you were looking for better phone you should bought iphone.

kanzlr said:
and it runs PicoDrive :)

i play RoadRash and Kings Bounty all day long on my E61 :)
Seriously? What's the speed like??

these two games run perfectly fine.
i also tried Pirates! Gold and it works as it should.

only bad thing is, there is only one safestate for each ROM you have.
ah, and the menu isnt as nice, but it works.

the S60 use fast ARM CPUs and have 320x240 screens, so they are quite usable for this.
the E61 is nice, because it has a landscape screen and many buttons (small querty keyboard).
the N82 must also be nice, because it has two buttons above the screen for landscape games.

picodrive for s60

sukhigp said:
phones are for only voice calls
I use my TyTNII for email, sms, music (with last.fm scrobbling), browsing, server maintenance, gps navigation, wardriving/walking, calendar, tasks, notes, reading office documents, taking photos, gaming, ebooks, wireless hsdpa router, and if there's any battery life left I might make a phone call if I can be bothered talking to anyone.

Back