New copper cases are finally being assembled

And an Advice on how to easely close the Batterie Lid: Put the Batterie in the Lid, dont try to put the Batterie in the Batterie Compartment, it dos not work as there is not enough room to hinge..
I will attach my Video when im at home, on my Workplace the Internet is Awefull..

zombie.jpeg

Neeeewwwssss.......

Hello all,

I too wouldn't mind some news post :)

This thread started ~6 months ago...

EDIT: specifically, I'd like some news about:

- State of Debian Linux: what's the default distribution now ? Debian 10 (oldoldstable), Debian 11 (oldstable), Debian 12 (stable) ?
- News about the new CPU board
- News about the new case
- News about HDMI out
- News about sound output through headset
- News about 4G capabilities / GPS

EDIT #2: I see there are Debian 12 images ready :) I'll give them a try ASAP !

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
There is no news when there's no progress...

- State of Debian Linux:
*Debian 10 Buster is still the most stable OS at the moment.
- News about the new CPU board:
What I recall is that there will be no work on a new CPU board in the near future.
- News about the new case:
The "new" cases are already being used for new Pyras. Maybe the next units get some manual reworking for the battery lid.
- News about HDMI out:
No one works on it currently. You can theoretically test HDMI out with Linux-SWAT's Slackware port, but the link is still dead -_-
- News about sound output through headset:
There has been done a lot of work on the AESS sound driver with some great progress in the last years but it's still not working. This driver certainly will solve the headset issue but I think there's no active work on it at the moment.
- News about 4G capabilities / GPS:
No one works on it currently.

EDIT #2: I see there are Debian 12 images ready :) I'll give them a try ASAP !
The first Bookworm image for use on SD card was dropped 2023-06-12 without providing any information.
Now an install image emerged 2024-03-23. Since it's still with the prefix 1, I assume the only difference is that it installs the OS on the EMMC. If I assume correctly, then *

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in any point :)

Reactions: rSl
There is no news when there's no progress
Units, albeit perhaps a scant few, have been built and dispatched.

I think the main news we want to hear is how that progress is going, and when the backlog of orders is likely to be cleared (or not).

Although I do understand that this answer may yet be unknowable...

@jedi23 : I managed to install Debian 12 "Bookworm" on the Pyra :) Only one hard crash so far (just after running apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade).

Are @aTc and @hns still in charge of the OS ? I'd like to report some bugs ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam

@jedi23 : I managed to install Debian 12 "Bookworm" on the Pyra :) Only one hard crash so far (just after running apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade).

Are @aTc and @hns still in charge of the OS ? I'd like to report some bugs ;)

Cheers, Magic Sam
Yes, just let me know what the issues are in the bugtracker section of the forum. (although most likely I already know about them, but just haven't got around to fixing it)

i'm not sure if i like the look of the copper anymore. too blingy

(und auch nicht so gut fur diskrete taschenbilliard)

Hello all,

Regarding my question about GPS, I started looking into it:

The modem inside my Pyra (EU 4G) should be some PLS8-E: https://pyra-handheld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Modem

"dmesg" knows about the LTE Modem on usb 1-2.3.

"lsusb" reports a Gemalto M2M GmbH ALSx PLSx LTE modem on bus 001, device 003

I installed the gpsd suite and will try to poke around soon :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

This is the last news post from ED and it's getting on to 10 months old. There must be something to share by now?

@Askarus, how is your plan to pre-assemble stuff so you can batch-build some Pyrae working out?

I will make a news post this weekend.
Some nice news are coming :)
OK. They say "no news is good news". Good news is nice news, so ...nice news are coming means no news are coming... well, I guess it makes sense, somehow.. :(
At least it makes more sense that assuming the news is a post saying "painted baguettes".
Whatever. Thanks anyway.

OK. They say "no news is good news". Good news is nice news, so ...nice news are coming means no news are coming... well, I guess it makes sense, somehow.. :(
At least it makes more sense that assuming the news is a post saying "painted baguettes".
Whatever. Thanks anyway.

Sorry, I had quite some headache yesterday :(
I will do the post today.

I will do the post today.
That would be awesome!
Since the start of this project I've been checking the offical news section every two weeks. I did not order a Pyra (yet) but I'm still waiting patiently for the "kickstarter" that was suggested after the initial batch was delivered.
It's really nice to see that someone still has the will and energy to provide an update about the progress, however so small, being made.
Kudos!

GNF

Back