New Pandora owner? Make this thread your first stop.

...and who knows what else that I missed or haven't played. You know, come to think of it, I have to rip a bunch more of my Turboduo/Super CD discs. :)
I hope you have Kaizou Choujin Shubibinman 3 - Ikai no Princess. :p It's brilliant fun.

[/off-topic]

Great so far! Perhaps you could mention any necessary BIOS files and use Mednafen instead of Hugo.

Yes, Hugo instead of Mednafen-pce means no TurboDuo/PC Engine CD/Super CD games. That would mean no:

Dracula X: Rondo of Blood

Beyond Shadowgate

Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure

Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes

Dungeon Master: Theron's Quest

Forgotten Worlds

Gate of Thunder

It Came from the Desert

Lords of Thunder

Popful Mail

R-Type Complete

Super Raiden

Vasteel

Ys Books I and II

Ys III

Ys IV

...and who knows what else that I missed or haven't played. You know, come to think of it, I have to rip a bunch more of my Turboduo/Super CD discs. :)

Well, sure I know. These are my originals for the Turbo Duo: B)

Castlevania X

Cotton

Crest of Wolf

Dragon Slayer

Dunegon Master Theron's Quest

Forgotten Worlds

Gate of Thunder / Bonk / Bonk 2

Gradius 2 Gopher

Gynoug

Image Fight 2

Lords of Thunder

Martial Champion

Motoroader MC

Nexzr

R Type Complete CD

Star Parodier

Super Darius 2

Super Raiden

Fatal Fury 2

Cosmic Fantasy 2

Vasteel

Ys Book 1 & 2

And I play them on Temper (Wiz/Caanoo).

Anyway, Mednafen does not work on my Pandora for some reason.

If somebody could help me on that please...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59491-pandora-console-emulator-fact-sheets/page__view__findpost__p__949805

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Added a NEW USER section to the bookmarks site. (Just follow the little white rabbit, oh I mean just click on the little pandora in the top RH cnr)

Any suggestions or additions are welcome.

Cheers!

Hi Gruso, It is very helpful. However some of us are newbier than others. I was stymied by the term "Shoulder Button" - not in the little paper booklet. After much too long I found a link in the User Manual in the last line of the paragraph Miscellaneous which is an empty page in the Wiki. However it says use this Special Search and one of the links is Keyboard which gives Shoulder Button separately from Dpad and Game, and does say that in Minimenu they "Move left or right through the Categories of Minimenu". and the only things left are the item 16 in the booklet ("L/R Trigger Buttons") and that seems to be it.

(Having read more on the Battery management I went and got a PSP charger. Turns out that I can then charge my phone from Pandora, so need carry only the one charger after all.)

thank you,

claregj

Hey Gruso, the link about the NAND is by now very outdated and might be a bit missleading (I think all programs that used to be installed there are available as .PNDs by now and are no longer on the NAND?). The basic information (leave the NAND alone) is of course still valid and important to know, but I was about to start a thread asking if Claws Mail still writes to NAND. So it is very misleading ;)

I'd suggest to remove the link and just put the information that is still valid there.

I installed Hotfix 6 onto my new pandora and when it said, "you have custom or newer firmware do you want to update?" i clicked yes for a couple things and now my pandoras touch screen wont work

The hotfix 6 update is broken, it doesn't install properly overtop of an existing firmware. You need to do a full reflash, unfortunately. Instructions for that should be in the package you downloaded, I think.

yeah a warning would be nice, i tried updating using the update pack recently, too and thought it was an error on my side that some stuff was not working anymore afterwards.

I have read all the documents - or most of it - and was wondering what the recommended SD Flash card is? If I missed it I apologize to the community for asking again, What's the biggest size, manufacturer and speed? any recommendations?

Sorry if this is off-topic

Got my Pandora today, set up Wifi, installed Codecs and Java without any problems. Tried to access the Web Browser and got "Failed to execute default Web Browser. Input/output error." :(

As my Pandora is brand new I assume it has all the latest software and firmware updates :rolleyes:

Have looked through all the FAQs etc but cannot find anything related to my problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Further info: "Preferred Applications" lists "Debian Sensible Browser" as my selection - the only other option being "Links Text Browser"

That web browser is hold over from when the Pandora shipped with a browser built in. It doesn't anymore. Start PndStore and look for Firefox, Midori, or Chromium (your choice) and install that. Also look for PndManager: pndstore is a very simple interface for browsing the repository, but pndmanager is much better.

edit: That should really be fixed. Default web browser should just be removed since it links to nothing now.

That web browser is hold over from when the Pandora shipped with a browser built in. It doesn't anymore. Start PndStore and look for Firefox, Midori, or Chromium (your choice) and install that. Also look for PndManager: pndstore is a very simple interface for browsing the repository, but pndmanager is much better.

edit: That should really be fixed. Default web browser should just be removed since it links to nothing now.

Thanks for the heads-up :rolleyes: I quite agree that the problem needs to be fixed so that newbies like myself are not confused. Perhaps it would be possible for the suppliers to post a note in each Pandora box explaining your response's details? I settled on downloading Midori, since it was in the original installation and is very compact.

Just got my pandora today and found a solution. I wrote a little script called "webbrowser" and pointed the web browser icon in the start menu to it where the webbrowser script contains "pnd_run /path/to/sdcard/pandora/menu/firefox.pnd". Also, a question with the flash plugin, is there a way to get rid of the red bar in the upper left corner of every embedded flash file?

The flashplugin is an unofficial testversion from TI, which somehow got in the pnds by accident ;)

The red bars mark it as "beta". So getting rid of them might be a bit of a problem without sourcecode.

I personally would have liked *one* information before virtually *all* others mentioned here: The information "Mouse click is done with right nub (push to the left)".

I would have needed that information the very first second the Pandora shone light into my face, and I missed it very much.

Other than that: Great helpful work. I myself am thinking about a "List of things you should never do", as there are quite a lot of them, and they're not very obvious, not even to a seasoned Linux user. In fact, sometimes the seasoned Linux user might run into one of those trapdoors.

Good thing Pandora's not brickable, but frying your battery is not too nice either.

Back