New Pics From Mweston

finishdifference.jpg

silkscreen.jpg

Oh shi-!!!! Silkscreening looks NICE! And the cases look rather well themselves, I'm sure it won't be long now!

From MWeston on the finish:
There is a definite improvement in the finish of the plastic. Also, holes are better and have fewer jagged edges but some discoloration and uneven cooling marks remain. Again, these parts are an intermediate test that fixed numerous problems to the structure, but are not final.
also on the silkscreening:
Needs improvement on alignment and ink deposition. This proves that they can print the labels where we need them and I think that was the point of sending these parts early. I hope the next ones are better. Also, they used the wrong file as we can use the official BT logo since registrations was free.

"hold"
what the hell is that supposed to be?

plus looks like the "ch" from first batch is cut off a bit.
plus I was kind of hoping we would just have the logo and not the "first batch" text. but ohwell.

If I remember correctly, it's the power button. You have to hold it to change the power status.

Edit: Well, I was wrong.

Paradox said:
"hold"
what the hell is that supposed to be?
Push the power switch to the right, and it operates as power on/off, and then returns to middle position. Push it to the left and it locks into "hold" mode, which locks out the buttons so you don't accidentally do anything. Same thing exists on the PSP, and several other portable video and music players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see the new cases with Silkscreening :)

I think the silkscreening is overall very clear and easy to understand.
I can't help noticing the alignment though: On the backside it look a bit weird with "USB OTG" and "EXTENSION PORT" being near the edge of the case (maybe there is a good reason for this ?) and the two SD card logo aren't properly aligned.

Also it's just a personal opinion but I really don't like the "first batch" mention. I think just having the Pandora logo would be best. All the other silkscreening near the hinge are only logo so the text "first batch" would stand out too much IMO.

Whatever you do with the silkscreening I am sure I'll be happy once I get my Pandora.

marshal said:
Nice to see the new cases with Silkscreening :)

I think the silkscreening is overall very clear and easy to understand.
I can't help noticing the alignment though: On the backside it look a bit weird with "USB OTG" and "EXTENSION PORT" being near the edge of the case (maybe there is a good reason for this ?) and the two SD card logo aren't properly aligned.

Also it's just a personal opinion but I really don't like the "first batch" mention. I think just having the Pandora logo would be best. All the other silkscreening near the hinge are only logo so the text "first batch" would stand out too much IMO.

Whatever you do with the silkscreening I am sure I'll be happy once I get my Pandora.

I don't mind the First Batch text; I quite liked the way my GP2X had said "First Edition" on it. I'm kind of happy that we're getting something similar on our Pandoras.

-God Ginrai

marshal said:
This will (hopefully) be fixed:

Needs improvement on alignment and ink deposition....

Tom` said:
marshal said:
This will (hopefully) be fixed:

Needs improvement on alignment and ink deposition....

I think the ink looks weird because its not matte finish...Idk..
BTW Does anyone know if there are any pandoras' left? I have a homie who wants to order first batch!

craigix said:
I would still prefer there to be no silk screening. I just worry it will fade/cause delays.
me to, I would just like to have my pandora so I can use/have fun with it. I don't need perfection I need a pandora <_<

I don't get what the problem with having properly aligned text is. The keypad had this problem and now the silkscreen? :rolleyes:

craigix said:
I would still prefer there to be no silk screening. I just worry it will fade/cause delays.

great. now I'M worried it will fade/cause delays!

Back