New Sega Console This Summer

D.C.

According to this site. I wonder how different it is going to be compared to the generic X games in 1 consoles available in every toy store.

Damn, I was about to go berserk when I read the title.

Now I'm just... meh.

Arrrgh! It looks like a Wii crossed with an XBox360 and the controller looks like a Wiimote crossed with a Philips CDi controller... ouch!

ARGGH! The excitement and the let-down, it's almost unbearable.

Polossatik said:
"A new games console that will emulate the Wii as well as allowing you to play classic Sega games is being launched in the summer."

co'mon... this is BS

Same as that "New" sega-mega-drive-twin-player-console, why would you by this if you can get a old MD for a few €/$/£ ?
There already is a console that can play Wii games as well as allowing you to play classic Sega games. It is called...A Wii with virtual console! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why Sega don't use their name to make a new console. These days they would not have to develop all their own chips/hardware. But I guess when you are as big as they are it's impossible to do anything on the cheap.

craigix said:
I don't know why Sega don't use their name to make a new console. These days they would not have to develop all their own chips/hardware. But I guess when you are as big as they are it's impossible to do anything on the cheap.

I don't know. I know that if Sega came out with a new console now, I would be one of the first people in line to buy it.

-God Ginrai

palmertech said:
I would be first in line at the store. To buy ALL of them. :p
What do you want with this crap ( sorry ) ? :lol: Buy original hardware for approx. 25$ and be happy ! :)

craigix said:

For what it's worth, I think most chips used in Sega consoles were off the shelf.

Ugh, I just felt part of my soul die....
If Sega put out a new console.... I don't know how I'd react!! I'd buy it, for starers.... Stare at it for a couple hours before taking it out of the box...

pandora said:
Guys, I think I've found a potential customer for this.
Hay. pandora, you misspelled 'perfect'. :p

Exophase said:
craigix said:

For what it's worth, I think most chips used in Sega consoles were off the shelf.

Yep, but they needed to develop a console around it.
They needed to think about how to do graphic, sound, etc.

Nowadays you can take an SoC and that's
it :)

Last edited:
Back