New Slot Open :(

Will01

Still Fresh
I ordered back in February with the knowledge that the pandoras would start shipping feb/march which isant going to happen apparently. Nor are they going to ship with silk screening and the overclocking vs. performance thing is still up in the air to some extent. All of this can be forgiven but the thing this really comes down to is i need the about 400ish US dollars that i have put into this for other things in life. I feel bad that i cant wait out any longer for my pandora but wish you all and the pandora team the best and hope your product takes off.

Hopefully once you get all the production bugs worked out your second and possibly third batch will come much faster and net the OP team a lot of good press and well deserved cash. That and hopefully i can scrounge enough cash again to get into one of these later orders, again wish you all the best. :)

Oh yeah i have the most repect for everyone who has waited at least a year. Just things come up so i can no longer commit. :/

:( All the people canceling were behind me! That sucks. I'm not moving up on the list! I'm still in the high 3000's. (ordered last year - NOV)

Well, aren't you glad they didn't get it completed yet and send you the unit, as then you couldn't have received back the money that you so much depend on.

atomicthumbs said:
PANDORA'S STARTING PRODUCTION! QUICK, EVERYONE CANCEL BECAUSE IT'S VAPORWARE

Sorry, but I think people are not canceling cause they fear it's vaporware, but just because they know that april prediction are bullshit as there's always a delay hiding somewhere. it's because they look at best for this summer or more probably for a christmas release... and it's surely too long for lots of people as new interesting device are comming. (none directly comparable to the pandora, but with the same kind of performances)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the same boat of people canceling in the orders of 2900 and under! I want mine sooner, so lets cancel people so I can get mine shortly!!! ;)

kingoddball said:
:( All the people canceling were behind me! That sucks. I'm not moving up on the list! I'm still in the high 3000's. (ordered last year - NOV)

Don't tell me you are bothering the team with sending mails asking which position you are in the queue?

atomicthumbs said:

you honestly think production is about to start? you've learned nothing over the past 2 years!

Will01 said:
... this really comes down to is i need the about 400ish US dollars that i have put into this for other things in life. I feel bad that i cant wait out any longer for my pandora but wish you all and the pandora team the best and hope your product takes off.

That and hopefully i can scrounge enough cash again to get into one of these later orders, again wish you all the best. :)
Best of luck with whatever you need the money for. Hope everything turns out well. Sorry to see anyone needing the money so badly that they have to cancel but, to all but OP(Craig/ED/etc), this is just a toy and life should come first.

Hope to hear you can dive back in later.

I understand people canceling... everybody has to put a limit... mine is End of June (In July I'll be going one month on holidays to my country). I don't really care if they tell me at that time that it will be released in one more month... That would be more than 7 months waiting and that's still nothing compared to people that would be waiting for almost 2 years at that time...

In the end the problem is that apart from a few acolytes nobody really believes the mentioned deadlines (constantly changing)... and I know this is not entirely the fault of the OP team (all my respect to them)... I think at the moment a lot of people is just waiting in a kind of routine mode... we've been here before... we have listen to all the stories, all the problems before... I think most of us we just want the thing as soon as possible and I actually couldn't care less about any update coming from Craig or ED... I just want the damn thing by the End of June...

Elwing said:
atomicthumbs said:

Sorry, but I think people are not canceling cause they fear it's vaporware, but just because they know that april prediction are bullshit as there's always a delay hiding somewhere. it's because they look at best for this summer or more probably for a christmas release... and it's surely too long for lots of people as new interesting device are comming. (none directly comparable to the pandora, but with the same kind of performances)
Do you honestly believe that ED, Fatih and MWeston would all travel to England just to doss around for a month?

Everything is being set up for the beginning of the month - How does that equate to a 'Christmas release'?

x68000 said:
Elwing said:
atomicthumbs said:

Do you honestly believe that ED, Fatih and MWeston would all travel to England just to doss around for a month?

Everything is being set up for the beginning of the month - How does that equate to a 'Christmas release'?

but they havent travelled yet, and wont until everything is ready to go. everything is not ready to go, and given the projects track record wont be ready to go for months yet.

r00tw00t said:
kingoddball said:

Don't tell me you are bothering the team with sending mails asking which position you are in the queue?

Absolutely not!
I don't care. I've seen people pop into the forums who purchased after me and going on with their position and such in the queue. I use simple common sense. I'm in the 3000-4000 range. Simple. I'm content with that :D :pandora2ut4:

gibberish said:
x68000 said:
Elwing said:
atomicthumbs said:

but they havent travelled yet, and wont until everything is ready to go. everything is not ready to go, and given the projects track record wont be ready to go for months yet.

I'm sitting on the fence with this: I do partly agree with Elwing & gibberish and it SUCKS!!
I really bloody hope they start production!
We're all sure ED and the crew would not lie, but there are many things that cold go wrong. I REALLY hope the production starts (It's the best F&*KING device I've seen! [Not specs]). This seems to be my PNR (Point of no return) when if it fails, I'll most likely cancel and buy an N900 :(

r00tw00t said:
kingoddball said:

You mean bothering the sales girls?

x68000 said:
Elwing said:
atomicthumbs said:

Hmm... Christmas DOES seem a long way away. but then, both previous Christmas's seemed a long way away too.

What could possibly go wrong? Well, at present we're hoping for what - 1000 cases and 500 PCBs for the 1st of April? The team are due/hoping to converge in England to assemble those first 500 units. Maybe there will be another 500 PCBs. So perhaps the team will be able to assemble the first 1000 Pandoras. But what about the other 3000ish? China aren't going to be given the go-ahead until after the first 1000 cases have arrived. They were given the go-ahead for the first 1000 cases what, about a week before the Chinese New Year - and we don't have THOSE yet. Are ED, Fatih, and MWeston going to hang about in England waiting for Texas to produce more PCBs and China to produce more cases, or could there be "some delay" between the first 1000 and the rest, caused by either China or America? And that's without allowing for any real "problems" like the cases not being good enough.

I agree, Christmas seems like an incredible delay. Unbeleivable. Absurd. But I'd also have said in September of 2009 that April of 2010 was an incredibly long delay, and utterly unbeleivable. I'd have said the same the September before that with even higher eyebrows.

x68000 said:

Beginning of next month for '1000' units. Dependant on the cases arriving on schedule. You think they'd book tickets before the infamous case company actually delivers? Then there's the other 3000 to go....!

Tensuke said:
I'm sorry you have to cancel, but you only waited about a month? Pssh... :rolleyes:

So what if he only waited a month? If he needs that money for other means, then he needs his money.

Back