New Slot Open :(

atomicthumbs said:
PANDORA'S STARTING PRODUCTION! QUICK, EVERYONE CANCEL BECAUSE IT'S VAPORWARE

Kind of reminds me of kids at a beach they go to the edge of the water wanting to go in and as soon as a wave comes near them they run back screaming

Last edited by a moderator:
Will01 said:
Polossatik said:
I don't want to offend someone, but I do wonder when people are really canceling because the 400 $ is needed to "survive"
(and I'm not referring only to the starter of this tread - I have seen this in other as the reason given) then why making the order in the first place?
Stuff like this should be real "spending" money. like a good night out in town ... money gone.

..(personal statement on why canceled)..

Just FYI when you start a train of thought with the phrase "I dont want to ____" your are going to offend, be racist to whoever your really targeting so either say what you think regardless of who it offends or dont say anything at all.

sorry to hear about you misfortune,

I'm just replying to stress that , like WizardStan says way better then I could, this was a genuine question and I had no intend to "attack" you personally.

Also in the 3000-4000 range. Plenty of things to keep me occupied between now and when the Pandora finally arrives on my doorstep.

Just grateful I heard some buzz about this last year, right after I bought the Wiz...immediately sold the Wiz and used those $ and a little more to order the Pandora. That money is completely spent and spoken for, I wouldn't even dream of canceling my order.

It'll get here when it gets here. That'll be a few weeks after the first consumer-units touch down, and it'll give time to the devs to workout the OS and other issues.

I've waited this long to play a competent handheld version of X-Com. I can wait a little longer.

hisaki said:
I paid for it so long ago that it now kind of feels like I'm getting my Pandora for free :)

Inflation is a concept that has passed you by, eh? :D

Pleng said:
Inflation is a concept that has passed you by, eh? :D

No, it's just my bad memory :D

And if I hadn't spend the money on a Pandora I would probably have bought something else with it.

Surely there isn't an official preorder for DNF?

He preordered at Gamestop! They have his money, not 3D Realms (or whoever acquired it since). I'm sure they'd take your money for DNF2. Or DNF3. Then all you have to do is wait it out, or leave your preorder to your Grandchildren.

Asmo said:
He preordered at Gamestop! They have his money, not 3D Realms (or whoever acquired it since). I'm sure they'd take your money for DNF2. Or DNF3. Then all you have to do is wait it out, or leave your preorder to your Grandchildren.
A preorder is a preorder. gp2.eXe's link doesn't specify who gets the money.

Mr.Confuzed said:
RajTakhar said:
I ordered when pre-ordering began in sept/oct 2008 started mate, i was 2,200 then and still am now. I think the ordering queue does need a tweak - but no real biggie as it only a short wait now

I doubt it. I was at the end of the line at the beginning of last year and around 1600 by the end of the year. So assuming the queue is roughly chronological...

I checked with the OP girls the other month who confirmed I was still 2,200

2,200 at start of pre-order and 2,200 the other month

It re-iterates my theory that when people are cancelling and getting replaced by fresh orders they dont necessarily end up at the back of the queue - moreover they get the original slot

Its a pain, but I am happy to get a lift off someone and help out with pandora build process over easter

RajTakhar said:
Mr.Confuzed said:
RajTakhar said:
I ordered when pre-ordering began in sept/oct 2008 started mate, i was 2,200 then and still am now. I think the ordering queue does need a tweak - but no real biggie as it only a short wait now

I doubt it. I was at the end of the line at the beginning of last year and around 1600 by the end of the year. So assuming the queue is roughly chronological...

I checked with the OP girls the other month who confirmed I was still 2,200

2,200 at start of pre-order and 2,200 the other month

It re-iterates my theory that when people are cancelling and getting replaced by fresh orders they dont necessarily end up at the back of the queue - moreover they get the original slot

Its a pain, but I am happy to get a lift off someone and help out with pandora build process over easter

Good way to treat your most loyal customers, LOL!

Looks their too cheap (or too low on cash) to pay an assembly house to finish the pandora, I think they still are going to be a long time before they ship all 4,000 pandoras. Btw worked with assembly houses before, sometimes assembly can take the longest time lead wise out of any step.

@Mr.Confuzed, what is your avatar from? He looks familiar. I always smile when I see it.
He looks like a beatnik that just found out that Jessica Biel is going to personally deliver to him a bag of weed, and then some.

LOOK HERE BASTARDS

I'm assuming alot of people have cancelled lately due to recent threads like this and i'm assuming Pandoras won't be released for a month or longer? Then is it safe for me to wait untill next week (maybe 2 weeks) to order my pandora thus freeing me of some stress in life atm?

^ I don't think so. Mail them and get on the list as fast as possible, that's my advice. There has been some more PR recently and I expect the queue of people trying to get into the first batch to get longer.

Well, technically I already have an order number for a long time now and could actually order my Pandora right now. All i have to do is go on Google Checkout, put my details in and order. So i really don't have to mail them again. But saying that it's been like that since July...

Corecannon said:
Well, technically I already have an order number for a long time now and could actually order my Pandora right now. All i have to do is go on Google Checkout, put my details in and order. So i really don't have to mail them again. But saying that it's been like that since July...
Craig said they've been going through and canceling long standing orders as unpaid and assumed lost. Free up a slot for someone who is willing to pay. Best double check that.

Corecannon said:
Don't be so sure, they don't hold open unpaid orders forever, if you don't pay it does them no good to hold a slot open that someone else could use. That's the whole point behind a pre-order. Having a number from 8-9 months ago that was never paid doesn't actually mean anything, and certainly does count as a "pre-order" if it wasn't paid.

Edit: :ph34r:

Back