Beta New Version Of Minitube Avaiable

sebt3 said:
mcobit said:
Minitube 1.2

And it features Downloads now!

[Download]

Please report on feature !
Thanks for pnd,
It works to play videos great ( better than other I think?)
But when I click download it seems to download for 3 seconds then says download complete and I cant find where it has downloaded it too, or a config to change this value?

edit: found it testing.

Edit:edit

Seems to work although wouldnt let me download to root of SD card but in a folder on SD card was fine, downloaded a mp4 which played straight back on pandora with mplayer. Cheers for this both of you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, great work!
Playback is not much improved to the other versions but the Downloadfunction works great. You have to set the path to a subfolder on a sdcard, as said before to make them work.
The downloadspeed (shown in the integrated downloadmanager) falls from ~300KB/sec to ~70 KB/sec after 30 seconds. But stays constant then. This is the problem why minitube cannot stream videos with higher bitrates. I think wifi has to be fixed first, before we can use this great app properly.

If someone is interested to have a look into the buffering part of the code it may be possible to adjust the settings, so that the videoprebuffer buffers more data beforehand to play the 10 minutes of a youtubevideo constantly.

Edit: Ah yes, you cannot fast forward with the progressbar and the volumecontrol does nothing, just like before.

Joepostal said:
Download broken :(
Fixed in first post.
Prometheus said:
^ It's present here on sebt3's web-space, simply under the name of "minitube.pnd" - the date attached to it matches the date of the post where he originally posted the download link. :)
And fixed the link to drive back here instead of the 1.1 thread.
Ho, and if you start to spread that url, I'll need pimp that page up...

Haha. I only checked it and mentioned it because I remembered you mentioning it before. :p

Prometheus said:
Haha. I only checked it and mentioned it because I remembered you mentioning it before. :p
Well I mentionned this link publicly as I though it is useful for the wiki maintainers. But this had no other intend than just that.
sebt3 said:
if you start to spread that url, I'll need pimp that page up...
Done. I added a link on the first column to give more information. I hope you like it :)

a little bit of grave digging here. just got to start it yesterday, but i always get "could not open media source" ...
first i thought it was because i forgot to install the codec pack, but also after doing so, the error didn't go away.

i've read that it probably has something todo with the handshake between youtube and minitube, there's also a new version available (1.4)

if you've got time i'd appreciate a new build, but if not, i can always try it on my own :)

crow_riot said:
if you've got time i'd appreciate a new build, but if not, i can always try it on my own :)
If you use minitube and want to take over, feel free. If you have any problem, ask me ;)

Would like to see the new version and if it improves things :)

Still skips etc... I think the wifiissues have to be solved first. :(

Thank you for the new version. This one actually works pretty well for me, and doesn't seem to skip...

I only wish that Minitube supported closed caption files, because I like to watch subtitled things on Youtube...

Sorry to tell you this, but on my Pandora it creates 2 menuentries: one starts 1.4 and one starts 1.4.1. Both cannot open mediasource.
So no video :(

I still have an issue where some files on fullscreen have no image ..
Other than that everything plays well and full speed for me :)

Back