Beta New Version Of Minitube Avaiable

Worked for me. No more video-swapping after 10 seconds; now it just skips really badly. Still better than before, though!

Milkshake just notifyed that 1.4.2 is out.

While I could update in half an hour, I'm still looking for a new maintainer. So I wont update until next week so a new maintainer could pop-up.

Building it using yactfeau is realy easy and I'll guid you. PM welcome.

I've tried this program but I find it really strange in usability and behaviour. ^^"
It plays videos quite good, faster than the current Flash plugin available for Pandora but I still can't really use Minitube. I have slow internet so I need control over the videos, pause them, waiting till the buffering is enough to play and only one Video per time...
Minitube don't seems to hav options, it just loads it's playlit full and starts its work. Stopping kills the playlist and actualy there is no bar that shows how far the Video is buffered so it runs, loads, runs... Is there a way to have the speed of minitube playing Videos bt the normal browser experience like I would normaly access Youtube?

Well until sebt3 finds another maintainer (or accepts he's doomed into becoming maintainer-for-life ;) ), heres a PND of version 1.4.3
http://www.mediafire.com/?p6nxmp6y7a8f9g7

I'm not in the best position to test it to be honest (I'm on mobile broadband), but for me it was a case of low-res stuff plays fine, hi-res can a bit of slideshow. It may well be that minitube's best use on the pandora is to download videos and watch them offline.

freamon said:
Well until sebt3 finds another maintainer (or accepts he's doomed into becoming maintainer-for-life ;) ), heres a PND of version 1.4.3
http://www.mediafire.com/?p6nxmp6y7a8f9g7

I'm not in the best position to test it to be honest (I'm on mobile broadband), but for me it was a case of low-res stuff plays fine, hi-res can a bit of slideshow. It may well be that minitube's best use on the pandora is to download videos and watch them offline.
wrong, I have found a new maintainer : you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
wrong, I have found a new maintainer : you :)

Bah! How did that happen? Confession time: I don't actually remember how to program in C++. I'm happy to keep compiling new versions as they come out though, until someone more qualified comes along.

Bearing that in mind, do you want to add me as a maintainer of this pnd at the repo? I didn't upload 1.4.3 there as there's no point in having the same application there twice.

Okay. Repo version now updated to 1.4.3
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=minitube

I'd wondered how well an app would update from a different maintainer. I needn't have, turns out Milkshake is a genius!

I'm gonna have to stick with the previous version ,
although the full screen issue I had seems to be fixed ,
The new version has a more of a extreme buffering and
out of sync problem for me..Bud

freamon said:
Okay. Repo version now updated to 1.4.3
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=minitube

I'd wondered how well an app would update from a different maintainer. I needn't have, turns out Milkshake is a genius!

Nice to hear, that you are maintaining it now.
Maybe you have the time to get in touch with the developer to fix some issues?

ok, version 1.4.3 gives full screen, nice. But it still acts pretty weird, stops video often, sometimes jumps to the beginning or just does nothing after a while. I can type a specific youtube url in the search field but minitube don't play the Videos then, only vids from the search result pannel seems to work at all. Downloading Video doesn't show a progress bar, and it also still lacks of an indicator how far the vid has loaded during streaming (for waiting till the cache is filled and then playing the video for example)
Videos are playing smooth, better than through the browser plugin. Now they only need a propper way to be streamed without stopping every few seconds.

fusion_power said:
Downloading Video doesn't show a progress bar

A button called 'Downloads' appears in the bottom right after you've chosen to download a video - if you click this you should see a progress bar.

Back