Racemaniac

Scorched GP programmer
Website
Visit site
splash.jpg

New version, with lots of new things :)
-some weapons have trails :)
-some extra weapons
-ai has been made stronger and selects the weapon it shoots with smart (i hope :p)
-rounds, with buying weapons in between :)
-health shown above the tank
-menus made a bit less responsive, i hope it's okay now :)
-improoved land and sky graphics (changable colors will be for next version :) )
-the game has a name, it's own fxe, with own icon and splashscreen
-lots of bugfixes (music resetting, noise when switching music, roller bullet not hitting,...)

controls:
A: firing/selecting a menu option
B: returning to the main menu
Directional pad: going through the menu options/altering them, changing power/angle of the tank
Start: stopping the current game, and return to main menu
L/R:choosing the next/previous weapon

Enjoy the game :)
and if you find any bugs, let me know in the betatest forum thread :)
*NOTICE*i've update the zip at 23h, fixed a bug that made the gam freeze for half a minute after completing a game...
download link: http://users.pandora.be/racemaniac/Fenix/ScorchedGPBeta2.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
damn I wish I had batteries...
been waiting for something like this since I got my GP

tekt5 posted on Sep 28 2005 at 11:10 PM said:
damn I wish I had batteries...
been waiting for something like this since I got my GP
great to hear such things ^^
and not having any charged batteries around... shame on you
you could always take the batteries from the remote from your tv/stereo/... ;)

Just tried this out...

Great work! I love all of the extra features, so this game is a lot more fun than it was before even. Some better backgrounds might be nice, though - the grey sky looks a little dreary. :)

EDIT: More in-depth comments rerouted to the beta testing thread. ;)

interesting game :) unfortiunately as soon as i hit the emimy tank the gp32 just rebooted and im not sure why (bats are ok).......

Steve

steven84 posted on Oct 2 2005 at 12:41 PM said:
interesting game :) unfortiunately as soon as i hit the emimy tank the gp32 just rebooted and im not sure why (bats are ok).......

Steve
very very strange...
noone else has this problem
blu+ problem?(would surprise me) perhaps a difference with the runtime or so?
try to download the runtime from gp32x.de :), who knows
or anything that could make a difference, cause noone else appears to have problems :s

seems it was the batterys in the end but in dont know why because they were newly charged...

strange
love the game by the way , id like to see multiplayer on it implimented by gp32 that links by usb to main pc that handles all network communications that can link upto a game server where all players can play in real time rarther than waiting your turn , if you ever played death tank2 youll know what i mean by real time....

Steve

steven84 posted on Oct 2 2005 at 04:19 PM said:
seems it was the batterys in the end but in dont know why because they were newly charged...

strange
love the game by the way , id like to see multiplayer on it implimented by gp32 that links by usb to main pc that handles all network communications that can link upto a game server where all players can play in real time rarther than waiting your turn , if you ever played death tank2 youll know what i mean by real time....

Steve
that would be a bit too advanced for fenix ^^

Back