Scorched Gp Beta2

K0K0NUT_h3lmut posted on Oct 2 2005 at 01:54 PM said:
One txt file for human player, one for AI. As for when, add the ability to prefix the phrases so the the game knows when to say them: miss"The sun was in my eyes" or hit_the_enemy"Muhhahaaa" or hit_by_enemy"Is that all you got?". And I guess you could just show them a lil' bit above there heads, but make it so that bullets and tracers are still visible when in the text area(Basically make the test transparent).

Oh, and one question. Is it possible to play this game with two people? If it is not could you please make it so? :D

This game rocks and it still has much potential.
that's already possible
in the player menu you can select which player's properties you want to change, you can for every player select the color of the tank and the ai (and thus make it human or not)
so you can play with up to 6 people together :)

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, that bitmapped image looks very promising! My only concern is that it may be easy for your shell to be lost in all those pretty clouds; perhaps a "space" themed background would work a bit better (and would be pretty simple to make, I'd imagine) as you would have the contrast between the (mostly) black background and white shells?

Also, I don't know if this has been addressed, but after I beat two opponents (maybe three? not sure) the game resets; it says "player one wins, press b to return to menu." Why can't I continue? I want to keep buying weapons!

I am making these suggestions because I enjoy your game so much. it really is one of my favorite homebrew titles. Keep up the excellent work!

EDIT: ah, now I feel stupid :D thanks Racemaniac!

triksR4rabits posted on Oct 2 2005 at 05:38 PM said:
wow at that bitmapped image looks very promising! My only concern is that it may be easy for your shell to be lost in all those pretty clouds; perhaps a "space" themed background would work a bit better (and would be pretty simple to make, I'd imagine) as you would have the contrast between the (mostly) black background and white shells?

Also, I don't know if this has been addressed, but after I beat two opponents (maybe three? not sure) the game resets; it says "player one wins, press b to return to menu." Why can't I continue? I want to keep buying weapons!

I am making these suggestions because I enjoy your game so much. it really is one of my favorite homebrew titles. Keep up the excellent work!
go to the options and set the number of rounds higher ;)
and you can add bitmaps yourself ^^, don't worry :)

Amazing game Racemaniac! Very smooth and clean!

However, I like the old green/grey backgorund and land better, the bitmap looks a bit cheesy and takes away from the clean professional look of the game.

Again, congrats for a game well made, the only thing I could ask for is more weapons!

Alex. posted on Oct 2 2005 at 10:45 PM said:

However, I like the old green/grey backgorund and land better, the bitmap looks a bit cheesy and takes away from the clean professional look of the game.

Again, congrats for a game well made, the only thing I could ask for is more weapons!
He did say that you'd be able to choose the old land options in the menu. ;)

So... when is the new beta coming? :p

Esn posted on Oct 3 2005 at 03:43 AM said:
Alex. posted on Oct 2 2005 at 10:45 PM said:

He did say that you'd be able to choose the old land options in the menu. ;)

So... when is the new beta coming? :p
when it's ready ;)
when i don't waste hours programming a fenix game i think i can do better ^^ (see physique general forum ^^ )

Looks like you really helped goity out, good job. Goity has consistently put out rather buggy and not well known homebrew games (kinda like my vns game in my sig, please check it out if you get time!). After i finish studying for my damn history test i might get a chance to try out goity's game (and your improved version).

BTW, i am looking forward to the next ScorchedGp release :)

Back