New Video From Pickle

MWeston said:
Dead1nside said:
From what I know about the project, as has already been said by others, is that without DJWillis and notaz there wouldn't be much of anything of an OS or firmware. I can't over state how much I obviously appreciate their work on this. But likewise I appreciate software devs like JayFoxRox too. I basically appreciate everybody who's working to get this awesome thing, with awesome software in my hands.

I don't mind whatever anyone says about the Pandora, if that's their opinion. I'd rather have as much information as possible and decide myself. I think it's good to realise that even when we do get it in our hands there'll still be a lot of work to do and it may be imperfect in areas.

Just thank you to everyone who's doing work on this, none of you're getting paid. I hope our thanks is enough. I hope the dev fund will be in some way used to thank you all.
Oh you can be completely sure there will be lots to do in the software when Pandora ships. What we have now is a working foundation that allows the hardware to be tested properly and shipped to customers with some fantastic effort from DJ Willis to put a front end on the kernel so games and apps can be used. Combine that with efforts from a handful of other guys porting things, testing packagers, personalizing the format of menus, building up SDK functionality and you pretty much have this whole project nailed. More boards than not have been sent out that are just collecting dust but the folks you know and see around the forums talking about updates are the ones still devoting some time to it.

People see the Engadget articles and suddenly we must be Sony but it's just a small group of volunteers crawling along trying to make this happen, supported by a great cast of die hard, extremely trusting fans who have followed this project through a lot of shitty missed delivery dates. :)

I'm so looking forward to being done with this first batch. Final test cases should ship tonight then hopefully at least 1000 more on Feb.13. Boards are being assembled by the hundreds each day and we're going to just keep going until all 4000 are ready and tested with no break. The wait is finally coming to an end. The trolls will have to move on to batch #2 I guess. ;)

You guys are linux loving retro gamer geeks, just like me. I love reading these boards, and for me (and many others like me, and you) the Pandora amounts to the absolutely perfect dream device for handheld retro gaming geekness. ED even has awesome long hair like I do! I will wait however long it takes for the first batch to ship, and personally I think all of the people that have been waiting a year plus for this to ship deserve to be added to the credits for their remarkable patience and trusting willingness to fund awesome geeks making the perfect hacker toy. That list would not include me, I have not been waiting as long, but I wish I had found these boards earlier as you guys are a random gathering of really smart and awesome people. I sold my iPhone for $50 in anticipation for this. Well, and because the screen was cracked.

But, ass kissing aside and back on topic, those vids kick ass! Great to see some quality homebrew as well as all the emu and ARM porting action going on!

- trix

Last edited by a moderator:
A small comment, and out of time, but I think if someone has to be thankful with anyone, is the Pandora team with all the developers working in the firmware. That job is A LOT more valuable than the prototypes they've sent to developers, for sure, and I'm also sure the prototypes are NOT exactly cheap. :D

Thanks to Notaz, DJWillis and the rest of developers (Skeezix, Squidge, Cpasjuste, vimacs, etc) for such a great job! Thanks also to the Pandora team for the effort!

Back