One Turntable And A Mike

Lunatic said:
It looks like MWeston is missing the turntable from his microwave oven.
I thought exactly the same thing. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sort of like the video answer to questions like "What can you do with a Pandora?" that some of us have no doubt heard. :p Nice stuff, good to see.

Anyone got any CSI tools so that we could zoom and enhance? :p

31530106.jpg

It is so amazing to see this! Can we use the analogue sticks as a mouse device? Would rather use that than a stylus for something like web browsing :) Thanks so much for the video it will have to hold me over till I get mine. Thank you for the video

Congratulations to the OP team...

Must feel amazing to feel them in your hand, seeing that the old dream has become 99% real. You're almost there!

Cjduble said:
Can we use the analogue sticks as a mouse device?
I always thought his would be better, and use the left and right shoulder buttons as right and left click. I've never used a analog stick for a mouse so I wouldn't know how well this would work.

second exodous said:
Cjduble said:
I always thought his would be better, and use the left and right shoulder buttons as right and left click. I've never used a analog stick for a mouse so I wouldn't know how well this would work.

I would like to see this as an option too. Would it be difficult to implement?

I use a wireless keyboard for my HTPC and it has an analog stick for the mouse in the top right edge. It works okay except that you're kind of holding the analog stick to move it so you tend to overshoot sometimes or 'tap it' to avoid overshooting. Just minor things you notice, doesn't make it that inconvenient or anything. Would be a nice option to have while in the desktop. It should not be difficult at all.

jonlad1 said:
second exodous said:
Cjduble said:

I would like to see this as an option too. Would it be difficult to implement?
darien said:
I use a wireless keyboard for my HTPC and it has an analog stick for the mouse in the top right edge. It works okay except that you're kind of holding the analog stick to move it so you tend to overshoot sometimes or 'tap it' to avoid overshooting. Just minor things you notice, doesn't make it that inconvenient or anything. Would be a nice option to have while in the desktop. It should not be difficult at all.
Hmm, I was just thinking, would the mouse pointer return to center when the nub is released? How would that work? The Pandora screen isn't that big so maybe it wouldn't be that big on an issue.

The PS3 uses the left analog for a mouse pointer in the web browser. It's like moving a character from a game in a top down view. Move the analog up, the pointer goes up on the screen. Move the analog slightly, and the pointer moves slowly. It's not too bad, it works when you don't have a real mouse plugged in.

second exodous said:
Hmm, I was just thinking, would the mouse pointer return to center when the nub is released? How would that work? The Pandora screen isn't that big so maybe it wouldn't be that big on an issue.

On my HTPC it rests where you leave it. It's just the inaccuracy that comes with timing how long you apply and relieve pressure, but that's just nitpicking on my part. As PS3 guy mentioned, it's a nice option when you can't be bothered to plug in a mouse. I've been meaning to ask, do our analog sticks click in for an extra button?

S-r-ex said:
The PS3 uses the left analog for a mouse pointer in the web browser. It's like moving a character from a game in a top down view. Move the analog up, the pointer goes up on the screen. Move the analog slightly, and the pointer moves slowly. It's not too bad, it works when you don't have a real mouse plugged in.

That just gave me an interesting idea. Imagine replacing the cursor with character sprites. So when you move up, he walks up and so forth. He could even bend down and touch the area you're trying to click.

-God Ginrai

Back