New Video Soon

ED's job is the UI. Thats what he does, thats what he updated us on. There's more than 1 guy working on this, ya know. You can see the red Pandora board in the video behind the lcd.

Brockway said:
ED's job is the UI. Thats what he does, thats what he updated us on. There's more than 1 guy working on this, ya know. You can see the red Pandora board in the video behind the lcd.
actually i did see that, it's a red pcb. no identifiying chips or parts and it's out of focus because of the focus being on the lcd. which as stated is the same as the archios 7(i think thats the product). it might be the pandora board, it might not.

Look i love it to be the pandora board, but there is no way for us to know and i am not willing anymore to to take things on faith here atm due to the way they are handling the situation. <_<

heck it took allot of prodding for one of them to say the bank was the largest in the uk.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you talking about?
Check the previous vid with enlightenment installed, there you can see the PCB in the end of the vid.

truekaiser said:
Brockway said:
actually i did see that, it's a red pcb. no identifiying chips or parts and it's out of focus because of the focus being on the lcd. which as stated is the same as the archios 7(i think thats the product). it might be the pandora board, it might not.

Look i love it to be the pandora board, but there is no way for us to know and i am not willing anymore to to take things on faith here atm due to the way they are handling the situation. <_<

heck it took allot of prodding for one of them to say the bank was the largest in the uk.

You've got to be kidding me. We already know that the PCBs are red. You can see well enough in the HD video the "O" from the big "PANDORA" printed on the board, as well as "2008" below that and "1.1" below that, both visible on the pictures of the final board.

That's enough for me to believe that the red thing's the Pandora board.

Vorporeal said:
truekaiser said:
Brockway said:

You've got to be kidding me. We already know that the PCBs are red. You can see well enough in the HD video the "O" from the big "PANDORA" printed on the board, as well as "2008" below that and "1.1" below that, both visible on the pictures of the final board.

i am looking at the video right now, i see no id on the red pcb under what looks like a cloth on the video. also just because it's red doesn't mean it's the pandora pcb. lot's of pcb's are red, ati/amd video cards are red pcb's. some mother boards are red.

Hello, hello, are you listening?
Check the other vid. Who cares about this shit, anyway. Troll elsewhere.

truekaiser said:
Vorporeal said:
truekaiser said:
Brockway said:

i am looking at the video right now, i see no id on the red pcb under what looks like a cloth on the video. also just because it's red doesn't mean it's the pandora pcb. lot's of pcb's are red, ati/amd video cards are red pcb's. some mother boards are red.

Look at the HD version of EvilDragon's latest youtube video. You can see, in the bottom-right hand corner, the markings I mentioned on the PCB.

truekaiser said:

Remember you were going to wait for a complete video of an assembled unit, and the credit card link, before you handed over a dollar? Why don't you wait until then to resume posting, too? Just sayin'.

Vorporeal said:
Look at the HD version of EvilDragon's latest youtube video. You can see, in the bottom-right hand corner, the markings I mentioned on the PCB.
i know the final pcb is going to be red, but color is not enough to go on as i pointed out. yes i see the markings but the videos are not in good enough detail for me to see what it says and it seems to be upside down. as for the suggestion to stop posting? i am sorry for raining on your parade with the facts that until a fully assembled unit is shown this can be at best vapor ware and at worst well that goes without saying.

I showed the video to a friend of mine who routinely works on small controller boards of similar nature to the Pandora and is a electronics expert, he says the markings refer to the screen which to him looks like a Cold Cathode Floursecent back light screen like the ones he works with at work. claims it says caution, which tells him that it is most likely the voltage controller board for that display and not the final display for the pandora. the system running it might either be a dev board with similar hardware or just a normal pc.

Brilliant, we got some of the most well known devs, retailers and members of the open scene and tricked them all with voltage controller boards.

And we would have got away with it too...

truekaiser said:
Vorporeal said:
i know the final pcb is going to be red, but color is not enough to go on as i pointed out. yes i see the markings but the videos are not in good enough detail for me to see what it says and it seems to be upside down. as for the suggestion to stop posting? i am sorry for raining on your parade with the facts that until a fully assembled unit is shown this can be at best vapor ware and at worst well that goes without saying.

I showed the video to a friend of mine who routinely works on small controller boards of similar nature to the Pandora and is a electronics expert, he says the markings refer to the screen which to him looks like a Cold Cathode Floursecent back light screen like the ones he works with at work. claims it says caution, which tells him that it is most likely the voltage controller board for that display and not the final display for the pandora. the system running it might either be a dev board with similar hardware or just a normal pc.

:lol:
I'm sure you have fun behind your screen posting this.
If it is worth it that it makes you look like an incomprehensive idiot, just go on.
Good night.
Maybe someone else has the time to quote my previous post from time to time, to keep this "discussion" going.

craigix said:
Brilliant, we got some of the most well known devs, retailers and members of the open scene and tricked them all with voltage controller boards.

And we would have got away with it too...
Craig, I'd just like to say that I admire how you keep your sense of humour about this stuff. :lol: Thanks for the laugh.

truekaiser said:
yes i see the markings but the videos are not in good enough detail for me to see what it says and it seems to be upside down. as for the suggestion to stop posting? i am sorry for raining on your parade with the facts that until a fully assembled unit is shown this can be at best vapor ware and at worst well that goes without saying
There are loads of videos of actual Pandora boards running actual software. The suggestion that all of them - uploaded from half a dozen independent sources - are fake is patently absurd. There are several videos showing the board, display, and prototype cases on the video vault.

Can't wait till the first running complete unit videos are posted so we can stop hearing the conspiracy theories. I'm wondering about the keypad, is the top of the keys going to be just black plastic with letters, or black with a clear layer over the letters?

Chip said:
There are loads of videos of actual Pandora boards running actual software. The suggestion that all of them - uploaded from half a dozen independent sources - are fake is patently absurd. There are several videos showing the board, display, and prototype cases on the video vault.

Even if a dev were to post a lengthy, uncut HD video showing every step of the board being hooked up and powered on, he'd just suggest something else, perhaps even more outlandish. :lol: Wireless video data transfer to the screen? Evidence of Hollywood quality special effects being used? Meh, I've already gone over my troll feeding limit for the week with this post.

I remember one of my friends getting fooled by a bogus YouTube clip of a PSP "running" an x86 PC MMO. It was obviously just a video playing on the screen while the prankster mashed the controls, but it fooled at least a couple people judging from the comments, my friend included.

Some things are easy to fake, some are difficult. And some just aren't worth it, under the circumstances.

craigix said:
:) Well considering all the bad luck we have to keep a sense of humour!

But anyway, almost there now.
You're a true champ Craig B) Many would have said 'stuff it' and dumped it by now, with all the issues you've had. Massive respect, and I can't wait for my unit to arrive, it is going to be soo amazing, I have trust and faith in your (and your teams) skills. :D

Hellollo and marry christmast to the Pandora team & community!

I´m glad to see the wifi working, scrolling seemed very nice and smooth!

murak said:
Hellollo and marry christmast to the Pandora team & community!

I´m glad to see the wifi working, scrolling seemed very nice and smooth!

that was not wifi as far as I understood

Back