Video Playback Performance

if the psp can play mp4 on 266mhz, im sure the pandora can do that as well. and the pandora got 600mhz so we'l get some power savings either way right?

Last edited by a moderator:
"if the psp can play mp4 on 266mhz, im sure the pandora can do that as well. and the pandora got 600mhz so we'l get some power savings either way right?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth

The Pandora's CPU is way newer and probably more powerful than the PSP's CPU even at 266 MHz.
I can't really say, as I own neither, but:

It also depends on the bitrate
It also depends even more on the screen and that the Pandora is running Linux in the background.

The Pandora was tested at 8 hours under a fairly heavy CPU load. I don't think playing video for 6 or 7 hours will be an issue.
If you need to play video for longer than 6 or 7 hours continuously, you have problems other than battery life.

lulzfish, it isn't a matter of how many hours in a row you can do something like watch videos but rather how many hours you usually do something a day or expect to so you can figure out how often you will need to charge the pandora.

I would love to get through my weekends without having to even think twice about charging mine, but until I get it I know I won't just go about taking stabs in the dark since I don't do too many things like play videos games for a set hour a day.

'lulzfish' said:
If you need to play video for longer than 6 or 7 hours continuously, you have problems other than battery life.

And that's why you should spend some of those precious hours on GP32X instead.

is there an official list of the codecs that the OMAP, and by relation, the Pandora, will support yet? I mean while we know we can get 720p video I'd still fear that certain parts of today's more common videos may not be supported.

I mean sure Xvid, divx, MP3, and such will be and some say H246 is on the way (although it would seem there are still issues) but maybe if there was a more comprehensive list to go by as to what is more likely to be expected to play than what won't.

'Alpha2' said:
is there an official list of the codecs that the OMAP, and by relation, the Pandora, will support yet?
This is the list of supported codecs for mplayer: www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/codecs-status.html

Everything on that list that doesn't require external libraries should work on the Pandora. H.264 will work, but resolution and bitrate may be limited until more advanced codecs can be ported.

Enjoy video on iPod, iPhone, Archos, Sansa, PSP, Walkman, Palm

Enjoy YouTube video, camera video and other video files on iPod, iPhone, Archos, Sansa, PSP, Walkman, Zune, Creative Zen, iRiver, Palm, Cell Phone such as Nokia, Sony XPERIA, Google Phone, BlackBerry and other portable players.

2007-08-02Spam.jpg

4Videosoft Video Converter Platinum is the most advanced video converter which can convert between any video formats including MPG, MPEG, MPEG2, VOB, MP4, M4V, RM, RMVB, WMV, etc and extract audio from these video.

spam-collection-2007-06.jpg

Key Functions:
1. Support the mutual conversion between all the popular video and audio formats
4Videosoft Video Converter Platinum supports all the video and audio formats. Then it can convert them into any other formats.
2. Extract audio from video
Convert video to only the audio for your listening.
3. Video Splitter
4Videosoft Video Converter Platinum has the trim function. It means that you can get any time-length video clips from your video sources.
4. Video Cropper
Adjust the size of video play region and the output aspect ratio to get the perfect playing effect.
5. Video Joiner
Merge your selected video sources into one file after conversion for you to enjoy successively.
6. Take Snapshot
Capture your favorite pictures when you preview. It can be saved in the default folder automatically.

EDIT: Fixed images to reflect actual product - Chip

Why would you spam here of all places? Practically everone here knows that they cn do the exact same thing without paying a penny.

These ACs spam the hell out of the PSP forums. I suppose that the only way to discourage them is that every time they spam someone follows up by posting a link to a warez site where the product can be downloaded for free.

But why would you even want to crack such a trashy program? There are dozens or hundreds of silly shareware video converters, and almost all of them suck equally.

I`m surprised that post hasn`t been edited yet, and the poster banned. It could be a bot, but don`t we have one of those (type in the characters you see in this distorted image) type protections?

You know what would really discourage these guys? Publicly advertise the poster`s IP address. The resulting actions by forum member, of a public outing, would surely teach them a lesson. Unless it`s a zombie computer, in which case, poor sucker who owns it.

Dammit! I came late to the party and honestly thought spam would do all that for me!

use Total Video Converter for converting videos...its by my opinion the best, since its easy, quick, and allows much options like burning subtitles into the movie, and can convert alot of files.

but again, mp4 would be a good compression right? becouse the psp can run mp4 video's on 266mhz, i guess the pandora can do that as well? and on 266mhz, we'l save alot of battery right? :)

Back