Then I created the file /etc/sudoers/66_leds with

sudo visudo -f /etc/sudoers/66_leds

with the following content:

%wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /home/USERNAME/bin/SCRIPT

When I type sudo visudo -f /etc/sudoers/66_leds it says :

/etc/sudoers/66_leds : Not a directory

What did I do wrong ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Pandora RMA yesterday. It's a 'Rebirth Edition'. I was not expecting to see a Pandora again nevermind an updated version.

Overclocks to 900. Boots into the experimental kernal that 'free' shows as having 512k. With a normal boot free shows 256k ram

PSX ReArmed is outstanding. Played eveything I threw at it. About to start on UAE4ALL....

A special thanks to Jacquelyn and Craig.

Cheers guys.

xx

Far easier would just to chmod the led files to read/write access by anyone on system profile startup file than fiddling with sudo. Unless you are afraid that normal users can change britghtness of those leds.
Yes, probably, but I didn't get it to work automatically. Tried via udev rules and an entry in /etc/profile.d/ :(

Then I created the file /etc/sudoers/66_leds with

sudo visudo -f /etc/sudoers/66_leds

with the following content:

%wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /home/USERNAME/bin/SCRIPT

When I type sudo visudo -f /etc/sudoers/66_leds it says :

/etc/sudoers/66_leds : Not a directory

What did I do wrong ?
Oh, sorry, that should be sudoers.d as WizardStan said.

Looks like the battery charging led animation should be easy to implement, provided there is a way to automatically call a script when going to low-power mode, goin back to full-power, and when power is plugged/unplugged.

The audio monitoring led animation is a bit trickier; does anyone have an idea of how to implement this easily? I would try to find some existing generic audio monitor tool, ignore its gui and make it set the leds instead.

Perhaps the led animation discussion in this thread should be moved to a separate thread in the dev section of the forum...

Dimmable LED for geek cred!

I'm happy we can turn off the power LED, for night gaming.

Pandora, she is the superior retro computer, with real blinken lights!

I reckon the LEDs should be open for a user process to fiddle with, without needing root.

Wow. Necro. I need to unsubscribe :)

The Pandora was a nice idea and I loved it more when we were up against volcanoes and Chinesers*

Thanks for all the fish.

*Chinamen men and Chinamen woman

+Check JDs sig^^ Overcompensating or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back