Nintendo Ds Supercard/pass Me

loz_the_guru posted on May 29 2006 at 02:00 PM said:
really? Like what? I checked and most of my faves seemed to work, but now youve got me worried! Care to list a few examples?
Well I'm a bit of a collecter, I like to play all the games I can at least once, which would explain why I have a higher number of ones that don't work.

But for example, I typed in "Mario", a name prone to being plastered on classics, and got this:
0086 Mario Kart - Super Circuit (US) unplayable v2.541 yes too slow
2272 Mario Tennis Power Tour (US) not working v2.541 n/a Don't start, don't work!
2014 Mario Party Advance (EU) not working v2.44 n/a Crashes when playing Mushroom games, on GBA micro !!
1514 Classic NES Series - Super Mario Bros. (UE) not working v2.44 no Doesn't work black screen
I would prefer to spend the extra $40 to make sure nearly all of my games work, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a EZ3 flashcard and its pretty bad. There is a lot of DS games that dosent work on it (GBA games works fine) :( .. just a warning
So now im thinking about getting a M3 card if its so good to DS games as you guys say.

So now im thinking about getting a M3 card if its so good to DS games as you guys say.

The M3 and supercard are roughly equally good for playing DS games.

The M3 is apparently a lot better for playing GBA games which is why the supercard is quite a bit cheaper.

If you already have a flashcard that plays GBA games with no problems then it is probably not worth paying the extra money for the M3's GBA compatibility.

I already had a EZ Flash2 powerstar that I have never had any problems with and has all the features I could ever want just for GBA games - So I got the supercard.

thingley posted on May 31 2006 at 03:58 PM said:

The M3 and supercard are roughly equally good for playing DS games.

The M3 is apparently a lot better for playing GBA games which is why the supercard is quite a bit cheaper.

If you already have a flashcard that plays GBA games with no problems then it is probably not worth paying the extra money for the M3's GBA compatibility.

I already had a EZ Flash2 powerstar that I have never had any problems with and has all the features I could ever want just for GBA games - So I got the supercard.

So what you are saying is that a supercard plays DS games without any problems have you tried any DS games thats dosent work on a supercard?

I can name alot DS games that dosent work on EZ Flash III card, so i was pretty disappointed when i finally got the card.
I just want to make sure that a supercard does the job without any problems.

What about batterylife on the DS?

What about savestates do they work without any problems?

Do you have to patch the DS game before you can play them? if so, is it differcult to do?

Do you know a good site in europe where you can buy a supercard?

mr.miyagi posted on May 31 2006 at 09:30 PM said:
So what you are saying is that a supercard plays DS games without any problems have you tried any DS games thats dosent work on a supercard?

I can name alot DS games that dosent work on EZ Flash III card, so i was pretty disappointed when i finally got the card.
So far every game i tried worked, but some had poblems: Rub Rabbits - some menus flicker. Age of Empires: Game is quite slow, it seems the game reads the SD card a lot and the SD card isn´t as fast as the memory in original cartridges. Resident Evil: Game is a bit slower than it should, sound stutters at times.

There are probably more games with problems, but i haven´t tested them all. Maybe my SD card is too slow and if i bought a really fast SD card, there wouldn´t be slowdowns...

So far every game i tried worked, but some had poblems: Rub Rabbits - some menus flicker. Age of Empires: Game is quite slow, it seems the game reads the SD card a lot and the SD card isn´t as fast as the memory in original cartridges. Resident Evil: Game is a bit slower than it should, sound stutters at times.

There are probably more games with problems, but i haven´t tested them all. Maybe my SD card is too slow and if i bought a really fast SD card, there wouldn´t be slowdowns...

How much slower?, does it effect the game much?

what kind of SD card do you use?

i don't get any probs with those games..

mind you i only use branded Kingmax Hi speed SD cards and Sandisk Ultra II ones.

i don't get any probs with those games..

mind you i only use branded Kingmax Hi speed SD cards and Sandisk Ultra II ones.

so you dont feel any slowdown on games?

I read on a website that you have to patch DS games before it works on a supercard is that true? :blink:

yes you get teh program from the supercard website. Its updated all the time so new games will work. I havent had any probs with resident evil or age of empires on my supercard and i bought those cheap ones form 7dayshop.

yes you get teh program from the supercard website. Its updated all the time so new games will work. I havent had any probs with resident evil or age of empires on my supercard and i bought those cheap ones form 7dayshop.

A littlebit sad that you have to patch the games, but if its the only way and if the games works better on a supercard than on a EZ3 flash card, well then it will be a supercard for me :)

thanks for your help guys. :)
i will see if i can find a cheap supercard. :D

I found this (EZ Flash 4 (mini SD)) on a danish website
http://www.3esser.dk/flashkort.htm#supercard (the link is on danish, so you probably won't understand it anyway.)

but have anyone tried that card.

compared to superCard SD mini, how good is it?

Edit:
Nevermind just found out that hey got Super Card Mini SD in their collection, cool..

iignotus posted on May 29 2006 at 07:46 PM said:
Well I'm a bit of a collecter, I like to play all the games I can at least once, which would explain why I have a higher number of ones that don't work.
Seems to me that you could just get a different region dump for those that don't work.

I just got an m3 and a passkey2 and so far it has played every "backup" nds game I have thrown at it.

It is really nice, and comes with a program that will patch your nds games before transferring to sd/cf card by trimming off unnecessary data, making it so it will boot quickly (couple of seconds) and creating a soft reset button combination (a+b+x+l+r)

Curse you loz, now I'm interested! :lol:

So, what is the average size of backed up DS games?

Back