Gba Micro

Apparrantly, the gba is not powerful enough to decode and therefore play .mp3 files. However, there are two solutions here...

Isn't moonshell a DS app?

I just orderd a micro and that Deluxe Accessory Pack Silver and used that code so it only cost me just over £30 :D

Edit: Its here already ! its great :D

Ok, so the Accessory pack finally arrived, and looked pretty swish, however, overall I was a little disappointed.
The pack included:

An AC Adapter : Pretty useful, you can never have too many of those.

A Car moron plug adapter
: Good for car journeys

From here it gets pretty crappy

3 Faceplates
: Apparently anyway, what I see is one plastic faceplate, and three cardboard ones that go underneath it. They are cut out pretty rough as well.

3 Game cases : Oh, the obligatory three game cases, pretty damn useless if you ask me, as I only use a supercard sd, and that don't fit in there

A pair of headphones
: They always bung these in there, they are pretty good quality, but they have a massive nobbly volume changer thing, which is heavy and pulls them outta your ears.

Silicone second skin : It's alright I guess, but it is so thick, it's hard to press the buttons in. Also a tad loose. However i bet if you were to drop the micro with the skin on, it wouldn't mark. Unfortunately, there was another problem, see below...

(Supposedly) Leather Case
: Smelt like beetroot. Also, wouldn't let me put the micro in if the silicone case was on it. When i finally got it in after taking the skin off, it was rather nice, but to my surprise after literally almost crowbarring the machine out if it, it had left loads of weird black fluff on the thing.

Screen protector
: Wouldn't use it anyway, due to being able to just replace the front panel if it gets scratched.

3 Neck Straps
:Why? One the exact colour of the micro came with the console

That's about it, overall, I still think it was worth £1.99 for the 2 chargers alone. The silicone case is also not too bad, so yeah, I'd still recommend it. I'll try and post some photos up later.

Haha, I never noticed that. Weird...

i thought the Accessory pack was ok too but dont really use any of it. If you use that 10% off thingy then its even less than £1.99.

I just have to say that these GBA emulators are pretty outstanding. So far I've used the GB/C and NES emus. Apparently even PC-Engine emulates well on it. :eek: It's hard to believe this is running on a 16mhz processor. For someone who's tried it, how is the SNES emulation? Are they playable, or filled with graphic glitches or something? I think SMS/GG is really good too. :D

EDIT: Also, are there any recommended homebrew?

So does anyone know if I can use a 4gb SD card with my supercard SD?

Nova posted on Feb 15 2007 at 12:47 PM said:
So does anyone know if I can use a 4gb SD card with my supercard SD?
Yeah, I heard on an unofficial supercard site that you can use a 4GB SD with it. I would do a little research, though...it's how I learned the supercard mini-sd's capacity limit(2GB).

Shinneri, I just got my supercard yesterday, and I want to know the same things! :blink: Although, I would have to recommend the homebrew version of bust-a-move, it is fantastic! For gba games, I would recommend Astro Boy: Omega factor, the metroid series, and the final fantasy remakes. The PCE emu is alright, but is kind of slow(playable)and -for me atleast- there is no sound support. For SNES you should go to "www.snesadvance.org", it has compatibility list and even screenshots.

Last edited by a moderator:
PC-Engine emulator DOES have sound, but its default is turned off. I don't see a massive performance hit with sound on (well, it's a bit slow either way). Galaga '90 isn't the same without the speed, but that's right. Always have the original to fall back on. :)

You guys, I was playing "advance wars" for hours today. I played it for two hours, went to a restaurant, and then played for another three hours. That game is amazing! :D Can anybody recommend other strategy games?

Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics

It's an incredible deal, fool is he who doesn't purchase one of these. I would, but I got one.

I got mine for about $50 Canadian two years ago, but that's still not a bad price. I see GBMs at flea markets around here for over $100 still in the box.

I love my GBM, though. Great little machine.

Well, it arrived this morning, and looking through these older posts, I have to agree, it is just beautiful. It's the Famicom version, so it came in a happy little box with "Happy! Mario" written on it. Nice metal casing (cold to the touch, oof), and the Start & Select buttons light up! Been playing Kirby and Astro Boy on it (I already have an SP NES Edition and around 20 games), it's just - Gorgeous!

Argh thinking about getting one of these now. The idea of having a really small gaming device that I can carry around at all times..... well it would be great.

That one on Play asia is still on around 37 quid not to shabby.

Back