Gba Micro

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
Hey, I was browsing in shops today, and in one I noticed that they were selling GBA Micros for £34, which is about $70 or so. Anyhow, I came on to thinking that using my supercard, this little gizmo could be quite useful, for like taking to college and using as a music/movie player, and it would just slip into my pocket.
Anyway, I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who could list a reason for me to blow some of my wage on it, eg, games (cos, looking around there seems to be a lot of crap eg Monsters Inc, Dora the Explorer, etc), killer apps, etc. Would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Paul

theres loads of brilliant games, all the mario advance's, links awakening, minish cap, advance wars, rythm tengoku, f-zero games, dk vs mario, dk:king of swing, golden sun 1 and 2, final fantasy tactics, mario pinball, pokemon pinball, pokemon ruby/saphire, astro boy, a new gunstar heroes game and loads more, i have a ds to play gba games through a supercard on but the micro is loads better for taking out to places, also in poundland today i saw a 3 pack of fascias for a quid and a pack of 2 silicon cases also for a quid. for 34.99 its a bargain, even better at 19.99

DO IT. I found mine for sale at Zellers for $50 Canadian and I couldn't be happier with it. It's in my pocket wherever I go. If you like GBA games anyway, then it's a fucking great buy, it even fits in the little change pocket (or whatever it's for) in my jeans. Combined with an M3 or Supercard, it's a fucking great deal.

Oh, and for games, there's tons of good ones. Lots of good SNES ports like Zelda:ALttP, DKC, Mega Man and Bass, etc. It's got a good version of Mario Kart, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission, Kuru Kuru Kururin. Fuck man, the amount of good games would take me forever to list here. Seriously, it's worth the money.

Actually, I bought a second one tonight for $50USD (and it was new! :D). I love the micro; actually, it's my favorite handheld console ever. Dozens and dozens of awesome games and a form factor that simply can not be beat by anything on the market.

For game recommendations: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=32431

Buy one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a Micro after the Holidays at a local Walmart for $49USD. I couldn't be happier. I keep a flash cart in it with around 400 NES games, 20 SMS games, and about 6 e-books. The size of the thing amazes me. It is a great little thing to have in your pocket. :)

Best portable console ever. I have mine around at all times but don't even notice it's there half the time.

The Fire Emblem games and FFT:Advance will keep you occupied for hundreds of hours if you like that sort of shit.

i wasnt that bothered about the micro at first but when you actually hold it in your hands and play something on it, it just feels briliant, i definitely think if your not too sure about getting one, and you do, you wont regret it when you start playing on it. i never tried emulation on gba, is it true supercard has emu's built in? i can just put roms on there and they'll work? cheers

Looks like my Virgin sold out today :(. If anyone sees one of these things at a pretty cheap price, please tell me.

Thanks.

is it true supercard has emu's built in? i can just put roms on there and they'll work? cheers
Yep, no need to install anything, just copy the roms to the card and launch them like any other game. You need to press some button combination to get to the emu menu, but there´s no need to configure anything.

sorry if this sounds silly, but is this a gameboy advanced micro, or just a gameboy color micro (the gameboy micro)

title says GBA micro, but i cant find a micro gameboy advanced anywhere.

sorry if this sounds silly, but is this a gameboy advanced micro, or just a gameboy color micro (the gameboy micro)

title says GBA micro, but i cant find a micro gameboy advanced anywhere.
It's just called Gameboy micro, GBm. But it's basically a Gameboy Advance that is not backwards compatible with Gameboy Color cartridges.

However, a very nice GBC emulator now exists for GBA, so it's really not a big issue.

thanks for clearing that up for me :D

If I see one for £19.99 im going to get it, looking on ebay they all seem to be around the £35+ mark

No problem, KoH. :)

It does suck that us Americans didn't get the cool colors everyone else did. All we have to choose from is silver with black plate and black with silver plate (which are very nice... but not as cool as the green and red ones I've seen). Oh yeah, and there's that ugly famicom one..

No problem, KoH. :)

It does suck that us Americans didn't get the cool colors everyone else did. All we have to choose from is silver with black plate and black with silver plate (which are very nice... but not as cool as the green and red ones I've seen). Oh yeah, and there's that ugly famicom one..
The Famicom one is not ugly! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I seen that famicom one on ebay, the seller is asking for £150!!!!!!!!!

Micros are ace, the only really true portable handheld, plus the battery seems to last for absolutely ages.

By the way anyone know where in the uk you can get replacement face plates, managed to get a tiny dent in my screen..

Back